Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Globe - WiFi Smart Bulbs 3 Pack $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2019 11:12 pm
May 31, 2008
102 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
Tradfri products are currently going through the work with SmartThings certification process. Device handlers for wall-plug switch and buttons were just release a couple weeks ago. Once it's certified, firmware updates through the ST hub will be possible. Active discussion in the SmartThings community forum. More device handlers are coming online.
Dec 22, 2010
2 posts
2 upvotes
Port Moody
Update of the three I purchased only one is still fully functional.

1. One had a complete failure and went burnt inside.
2. The RGB leds no longer work.

While these bulbs have strong warm and white LED brightness and control the fact the RGB modes are so dim and at least for me the reliability was ultra poor I don’t think they are worth purchasing.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
4486 posts
1440 upvotes
I just bought this but have trouble with them connecting. What is the easiest way to get these to work?
Mar 31, 2018
29 posts
63 upvotes
Anyone have a picture of how bright it is - seems like that is the main issue?

The question I guess is - is it worth paying $10 bucks each for the Microsoft LIFX ones?
May 27, 2007
100 posts
58 upvotes
British Columbia
lazybones wrote:
Sep 1st, 2019 11:37 pm
Update of the three I purchased only one is still fully functional.

1. One had a complete failure and went burnt inside.
2. The RGB leds no longer work.

While these bulbs have strong warm and white LED brightness and control the fact the RGB modes are so dim and at least for me the reliability was ultra poor I don’t think they are worth purchasing.
I got 6 bulbs the beginning of June - easy to set up and all are still working fine so far. Guess I got lucky.
Feb 8, 2010
246 posts
26 upvotes
Brampton
davvos wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2019 2:14 pm
I got 6 bulbs the beginning of June - easy to set up and all are still working fine so far. Guess I got lucky.
I bought 3 of them. I m trying to connect them but all fail. Checked my router settings. Tried ap mode.
Thinking to return them. Any ine have any tip connecting them easy?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
1497 posts
1350 upvotes
Vancouver
mannat25 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2019 2:42 pm
I bought 3 of them. I m trying to connect them but all fail. Checked my router settings. Tried ap mode.
The Globe WiFi setup is notoriously timing-sensitive. Follow the instructions, but vary the timing a little until you get it. What you are trying to do is get the bulb into setup mode. In setup mode it broadcasts its own WiFi network. The app on your phone needs to find that network and connect to it in order to give the bulb the WiFi SSID and password for your home network. Usually the problem is that you aren't successfully getting the bulb into setup mode because your timing is not quite right.
Last edited by Scote64 on Sep 2nd, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 24, 2010
143 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Ensure that your phone/device is on 2.4ghz wifi signal. If you are on 5K signal you won't be able to setup. If you only see one wifi signal you may have to edit router options to split up the signals.
Oct 24, 2010
143 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
mannat25 wrote:
Ensure that your phone/device is on 2.4ghz wifi signal. If you are on 5K signal you won't be able to setup. If you only see one wifi signal you may have to edit router options to split up the signals.
Oct 24, 2010
143 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
I bought 7 packs of these and outfitted my appartment. I enjoy having redlights after 9pm and also like the automation aspects I have implemented. 1 bulb died upon power up and 1 bulb does not work properly 5-10% of the time. I will likely grab a fully working bulb and return a pack for exchange. Looking into flashing firmware as others have talked about.
Apr 30, 2017
243 posts
403 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
mannat25 wrote:
I just got 3. My issue was that my phone wasn't connected to a 2.4ghz wifi network. My router combines both and the bulbs only take 2.4 and copies it from your phone.

So, I split the 5ghz and the 2.4ghz and it paired very quickly.

It works very well and I am very happy with my purchase so far.
Aug 17, 2003
913 posts
241 upvotes
Toronto
is there a way to set schedules for the lights (we are on google home and IFTTT)

basically, i would like colors and dim at night, white and bright during the day.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1872 posts
250 upvotes
Brampton
Lord Denning wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2019 5:20 pm
is there a way to set schedules for the lights (we are on google home and IFTTT)

basically, i would like colors and dim at night, white and bright during the day.
Have you tried setting it up on the Google home app?

I know, when I had the Phillips hue lights, I set up the schedule on my bulbs through the Google home app.
Aug 3, 2014
132 posts
194 upvotes
Surrey, BC
so after a few months ive decided to return these lights back to Costco. The price is really good but the quality and reliability is not worth it. Ive purchased 3 packs of these and several individual bulbs dont display colors outside of the white color space.
Jan 2, 2015
413 posts
364 upvotes
Montréal area
Soooo I also have to return the bulbs.

2 are ok.
1 is almost dead. No more color and yesterday it had trouble staying white, it was turning grey/green...

I don't have a the original package anymore. Do you think Costco will still refund?