Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Globe - WiFi Smart Bulbs 3 Pack $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 3:55 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
7000 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
CanadaPostpone wrote: Honestly, the brightness of the colours is kinda low (about a third of the whites), but for $10 bucks a bulb one can't really complain.
Noticed this as well. I have a couple WiZ LED bulbs Costco sold a year or so ago, RGB is WAYY brighter on those bulbs.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Oct 18, 2010
399 posts
287 upvotes
Those who have these bulbs, what is the name of the app? Is it "Smart Life"?
Sep 10, 2017
66 posts
71 upvotes
ma678 wrote: Are they bright enough if I put two in a small living room?
I put two in our small living room (the only lights in here) and I find the white a little to dim for just sitting and reading. I could see them as secondary lights, but not sure they cover all needs for the only lights.....hope that helps!
So I took the randomly assigned username when I signed up. Never thought this would be my favorite website!!
Sep 10, 2017
66 posts
71 upvotes
cardenas wrote: Those who have these bulbs, what is the name of the app? Is it "Smart Life"?
"globe suite" on my android device.....red color app badge
So I took the randomly assigned username when I signed up. Never thought this would be my favorite website!!
May 14, 2015
297 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There are a lot at Costco Yorkdale. I bought one but one of the three lamps doesn’t work properly. (Doesn’t turn red and purple).
Another issue is that they need my phone to be connected to 2.4ghz internet and won’t work with 5G.
Also noticed that the colours are not bright at all.
Will return them.
Aug 2, 2018
59 posts
39 upvotes
BC
I gave up on Globe bulbs long time ago. All their bulbs I purchased died within 6 month. I asked for warranty replacement and did not hear back from them. Be aware
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
cardenas wrote: Those who have these bulbs, what is the name of the app? Is it "Smart Life"?
They have their own Globe Suite app, but they do work with the Tuya Smart Life app as well. Abilities may not be exactly the same.
Feb 11, 2017
175 posts
56 upvotes
I brought a pack from Missisuaga Costco, none of the bulb I can pair with any phones connected to 2.4g wifi.

will return
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
1216 posts
851 upvotes
Toronto
Bought one at Ajax this morning. No issues setting one bulb, will be using it as my main light on the gazebo.
rajojomanik
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7800 posts
1611 upvotes
Toronto
Spotted at elgin mills and 404.

Might pick up a pack to test for night table and walk in closets. Reviews as it being too dim probably won't work as bedroom lights.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1493 posts
1623 upvotes
Kingston
josephdyland wrote: I got these bulbs working 100% with Tasmota 6.5 flashed to them via Tuya-Convert.

For anyone interested in this great deal, these settings in Tasmota will get you up and running for Cold to White + Brightness and RGB colors.

Module Type = Generic (18)

D2 GPIO4 PWM1(37)
D1 GPIO5 PWM4 (40)
D6 GPIO12 Relay1 PWM2 (38)
D7 GPIO13 Led1i PWM5 (41)
D5 GPIO14 Sensor PWM3 (39)

or

{"NAME":"GlobeRGBWW","GPIO":[0,0,0,0,37,40,0,0,38,41,39,0,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}
Tyua-convert can only be used on rap pi 3 b or can anything Linux do it? Was thinking of loading up an Ubuntu flash for my laptop and not having to buy another new device (rasp pi).
Oct 5, 2017
515 posts
176 upvotes
MaDgamEr wrote: Tyua-convert can only be used on rap pi 3 b or can anything Linux do it? Was thinking of loading up an Ubuntu flash for my laptop and not having to buy another new device (rasp pi).
Any linux machine. I have an android tv box and installed armbian on my sd card. If laptop, you need a usb wifi adapter.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1493 posts
1623 upvotes
Kingston
Chandlerparsons wrote: Any linux machine. I have an android tv box and installed armbian on my sd card. If laptop, you need a usb wifi adapter.
Holy crap, through an android media player? Any way you can share the steps or point me in the right direction for this?? Same initial steps for installing armbian on SD card from computer and then boot off SD card?

The laptop Ubuntu route can't work through the laptop built in WiFi?
Oct 5, 2017
515 posts
176 upvotes
MaDgamEr wrote: Holy crap, through an android media player? Any way you can share the steps or point me in the right direction for this?? Same initial steps for installing armbian on SD card from computer and then boot off SD card?

The laptop Ubuntu route can't work through the laptop built in WiFi?
If you're using s905/s905x use this https://forum.armbian.com/topic/2419-ar ... x-ver-544/. I used rufus to create bootable sd card. Then just follow the instructions here https://github.com/ct-Open-Source/tuya-convert

I don't think the laptop route will work. + its slow.
Nov 17, 2009
4 posts
If anyone in Toronto bought these and doesn't need all 3 shoot me a message.
Dec 5, 2018
127 posts
282 upvotes
josephdyland wrote: I got these bulbs working 100% with Tasmota 6.5 flashed to them via Tuya-Convert.

For anyone interested in this great deal, these settings in Tasmota will get you up and running for Cold to White + Brightness and RGB colors.

Module Type = Generic (18)

D2 GPIO4 PWM1(37)
D1 GPIO5 PWM4 (40)
D6 GPIO12 Relay1 PWM2 (38)
D7 GPIO13 Led1i PWM5 (41)
D5 GPIO14 Sensor PWM3 (39)

or

{"NAME":"GlobeRGBWW","GPIO":[0,0,0,0,37,40,0,0,38,41,39,0,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}
Did you get them working in homeassistant? What method are you using to talk to the lights MQTT?

Also anyone find a pack of these in Montreal yet?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)