Hot Deals

[Costco] Globe - Wifi Smart Bulbs Pack of 3 - 22.99, ($6 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2019 12:25 pm
[OP]
Jan 9, 2007
780 posts
237 upvotes
Markham

[Costco] Globe - Wifi Smart Bulbs Pack of 3 - 22.99, ($6 off)

The ones in the link are more expensive.
But if you go in-store, its 22.99

Previous deal http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-g ... 9-2289331/

Images
  • IMG_1699.jpg
Koodo $60/10gb
Rogers $39.99/150Mbps download/unlimited

if you know of a better deal, please PM me
60 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1403 posts
417 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
I got a package of these for the bedroom, and at first they were great. But within 30 days they started flicking. By 45 days it was so bad I swapped them back for my old bulbs.

I don’t really have a use for bulbs that flicker, so they will probably remain in my closet until I throw them out.
Mar 15, 2011
34 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
facebook259 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2019 10:28 pm
I got a package of these for the bedroom, and at first they were great. But within 30 days they started flicking. By 45 days it was so bad I swapped them back for my old bulbs.

I don’t really have a use for bulbs that flicker, so they will probably remain in my closet until I throw them out.
I bought 2 packs of these a couple of months ago and they are all working great for me. I use two of the bulbs in external lighting outside that automatically turn on at sunset and off at sunrise - no problems so far. If they do go bad I'll just return them to Costco.

My only complaint is that they take a few extra seconds to respond if sending a request through Alexa, but the Smart Life app itself works great to control these things.
Dec 13, 2016
76 posts
94 upvotes
I bought 2 sets back in August and have 4 in my daughters room and 2 out front. No issues. My daughter has fun settings the different colors and we can theme the outside lights to the season - right now orange for Halloween.

Works great with Google Home.

I wish they made these in other bulb types. I’d buy more and swap them out all around the house.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2004
1149 posts
112 upvotes
facebook259 wrote:

I have exact same experience. I'm going to return them though.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3470 posts
3892 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Are they very dim in colour modes? Some reviewers are saying that.
Aug 3, 2014
133 posts
194 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I bought 3 packs and returned all of them in a few months. So many of the lights lost the ability to display the rgb colors and only the white spectrum were displaying
Jun 27, 2017
240 posts
110 upvotes
Ottawa
I've also had good experience with the bulbs. The non-white colors aren't bright even at max brightness which is the big negative.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1833 posts
1892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No issues with flickering but 1/3 of mine a few weeks ago stopped turning blue anymore. Can cycle through all the colors, just won't do blue anymore and appears off until I switch to another color.

Weird
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2458 posts
1069 upvotes
Victoria
blackston3 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2019 11:06 pm
No issues with flickering but 1/3 of mine a few weeks ago stopped turning blue anymore. Can cycle through all the colors, just won't do blue anymore and appears off until I switch to another color.

Weird
Same issue here with one bulb. Have experiencing flickering as well, and I find the colours to be very dim. Good price compared to other smart bulbs, but pretty much a waste of money otherwise.
Sep 26, 2013
65 posts
15 upvotes
They are dim in color mode. I am not sure how they compare with philips though (maybe dim is the norm in color mode for now).
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
1533 posts
1374 upvotes
Vancouver
blackston3 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2019 11:06 pm

Weird
Not weird. They use 3 colour LEDs, red/green/blue to make white. That's why they can't do individual colours as bright as white, and why one primary colour like blue can fail independently.

I have a couple of the white Globe bulbs, using them with Smart Life. They've been fine.
Oct 3, 2008
41 posts
5 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Oct 28th, 2019 10:56 pm
Are they very dim in colour modes? Some reviewers are saying that.
yes they r very dim in color mode. white is OK, but not as bright as the philips CFL that it replaced.
Feb 6, 2010
8 posts
Winnipeg MB
If you have issues with flickering is your bulb on a dimmer switch or normal switch?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6100 posts
2134 upvotes
Moncton, NB
facebook259 wrote:

Why don't you return them at costco if they aren't working? It's like you are throwing out $30 in the garbage...