Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Goccia Aged 8-year Balsamic Vinegar - $90 for three 500 ml bottles

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2020 9:12 pm
Feb 19, 2013
336 posts
243 upvotes
Interested in splitting with anyone near the Markham or Markham East area.
Nov 20, 2004
837 posts
1203 upvotes
Vancouver
I appreciate good vinegar and oil with bread. Would this be overkill for that?
Jul 6, 2004
411 posts
46 upvotes
Scarborough
This stuff is AMAZING! But it's not balsamic vinegar. It's 10% only and the bottle says "condiment with balsamic vinegar of modena." It's more like a balsamic glaze.

BTW, I ordered this from Costco.ca in May and the importer, Travaglini, shipped 3 of the gold 10 year bottles instead (!).
Jul 6, 2004
411 posts
46 upvotes
Scarborough
flameboy54 wrote: I appreciate good vinegar and oil with bread. Would this be overkill for that?
It's awesome on bread but a thicker consistency and much sweeter than real, aged balsamic vinegar.
Dec 23, 2015
25 posts
44 upvotes
Calgary, AB
DrasticK wrote: If two other people in Edmonton want a bottle, I'd order in a set. Pickup in Terwilliger area?

I’d be in for one bottle and could pick up in Terwilliger.
Nov 24, 2018
274 posts
355 upvotes
d-c wrote: This stuff is AMAZING! But it's not balsamic vinegar. It's 10% only and the bottle says "condiment with balsamic vinegar of modena." It's more like a balsamic glaze.

BTW, I ordered this from Costco.ca in May and the importer, Travaglini, shipped 3 of the gold 10 year bottles instead (!).
Oh man, getting the 10 year would be sick, haha!

Condimento means "dressing". It's a name used for balsamic vinegars that do not have the certifications to use the designated names like IGP, DOP etc. The 10% refers to the "aceto balsamico di moderna igp" - meaning 10% of the certified stuff is added, but the rest is still produced using the same techniques to make balsamic vinegar. It doesn't have sweeteners or thickeners added, the way something sold as a "balsamic glaze" might.

Unlike IGP regulations, Condimento is not a regulated term so quality can vary, but I felt good recommending this one since I've actually tasted it.
May 13, 2007
490 posts
283 upvotes
British Columbia
Darn - this is now out of stock.

Does anyone happen to recall how regularly this comes in and out of stock?