Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Goodyear Automotive Safety Kit including Power bank + inflator + First Aid Kit + Free delivery ($29.97)

[OP]
Mar 14, 2018
29 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Goodyear Automotive Safety Kit including Power bank + inflator + First Aid Kit + Free delivery ($29.97)

I think every car should have one.
Not sure the original price.
Images
  • Screenshot 2021-01-07 095036.png
  • Screenshot 2021-01-07 095247.png
41 replies
May 14, 2007
137 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
I was going to get one, but the reviews on Costco.ca are not so positive at all. Thanks anyways.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4764 posts
2013 upvotes
ronnroz wrote: I was going to get one, but the reviews on Costco.ca are not so positive at all. Thanks anyways.
There are only two reviews and they don't really tell you much. This is a good deal
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Mar 13, 2006
475 posts
399 upvotes
I was click baited because I saw "power bank"... this review sums it up:

"Everything is as advertised, except the battery bank is not a battery, its a case for the batteries provided, which are non-rechargeable. Its a blatant lie. The adapter is good, helpful if you don't have USB-C but the battery bank was a lie. The rest is very good, the gloves are the thinnest possible, but if not for that battery lie, would be a top product."
Aug 23, 2009
99 posts
107 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP! Ordered 1
Mar 27, 2012
287 posts
259 upvotes
416 to the 905
reviews are bad.
I would stay away.
***First Hour of my day starts with RFD and a Coffee....then I start my actual Work Day***
Feb 7, 2017
418 posts
191 upvotes
I pay for a CAA membership. I would simply call them instead of jumping the car myself. The same goes for a flat tire.
Feb 4, 2017
365 posts
337 upvotes
All these "reviews are bad" comments are getting out of hand. It's two reviews. Do people really not understand that the majority of reviews on products are usually negative because the individual wants to express their frustration? Just think of how many products have we bought over the years that we would actually leave a review for.

It's also Costco. Returns are easy if you're dissatisfied with a product.
Siward44 wrote: I pay for a CAA membership. I would simply call them instead of jumping the car myself. The same goes for a flat tire.
And on the off chance you need to go somewhere urgently when they have a 12 hour delay due to an influx of calls are you still going to wait around? Might as well be over prepared rather than under
Feb 10, 2006
272 posts
152 upvotes
buy a suitable plastic box
buy all you think needed in the box for emergency
all from dollarama
put it in your car trunk
better than this
Nov 16, 2015
620 posts
1149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is a good deal considering I paid more for a inflator for camping and the kiddie pool.

Consider everything else in the kit a bonus
Nov 11, 2013
846 posts
881 upvotes
Calgary
Taroble wrote:
And on the off chance you need to go somewhere urgently when they have a 12 hour delay due to an influx of calls are you still going to wait around? Might as well be over prepared rather than under
+1
After a 3hr wait with CAA I cancelled my membership, this kit is perfect for emergencies. The only downside is the advertised “powerbank” is not a rechargeable one. It looks like a adapter for you to insert 3AA batteries to charge your items. But for $30 shipped it’s not bad, I wonder how much these are selling for in stores.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1302 posts
860 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Siward44 wrote: I pay for a CAA membership. I would simply call them instead of jumping the car myself. The same goes for a flat tire.
What a waste of time and money.
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2250 posts
2902 upvotes
Toronto
you can jump your car in a few minutes and be on your way if you are prepared. you won't even get connected to an agent in that few minutes lol... use CAA to change your tires sure, i've been lazy like that once lol..... but took them like 2 hours to get there, luckily i was already at my office when i saw the flat
Nov 11, 2013
846 posts
881 upvotes
Calgary
kwokming.kwong wrote: buy a suitable plastic box
all from dollarama
put it in your car trunk
better than this
I don’t think you can buy all those items for under $30 bucks at dollarama lol
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1056 posts
366 upvotes
Looks like this kit does not come with a year of Roadside assistance?

I think you can get similar kits from Walmart that have a year of free roadside....
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14288 posts
4785 upvotes
Toronto
Those jumper cables look like garbage. Short and thin gauge. Don't cheap out on jumper cables, best to buy better quality ones, but good quality cables are 20-30 bucks alone. You get what you pay for.

Personally I would spend the $50 to $100 and build my own better and more useful emergency kit that will work when I need it to.
Sep 14, 2018
115 posts
72 upvotes
I just got the free Canadian tire world elite mastercard.... Gives me some free roadside and towing on the rare event I need it.
Dec 27, 2017
88 posts
116 upvotes
In a blizzard at 2 AM when the rest of the world is calling CAA, you may want something like this. Who says you can't have both?
Dec 2, 2019
236 posts
602 upvotes
kwokming.kwong wrote: buy a suitable plastic box
all from dollarama
put it in your car trunk
better than this
Second this, except the Dollarama part.

Buying individual items separately may be costly (although not exorbitantly). However, this will give you peace of mind knowing that you have what you want/need of the quality you expect.