• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2021 12:35 am
[OP]
Mar 2, 2015
282 posts
407 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Costco] Google Nest Hello Video Doorbell @ $249

Post above says it all. Not the all time low but still a good deal if you’re looking for one of these. Costco return policy and shipping cannot be beat! Enjoy.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1244 posts
1293 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Is a new version about to come out?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2226 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
superxxxstud wrote: Is a new version about to come out?
Almost every retailer had this for $220 between black friday and boxing day. Hard to tell with google but it's probably due.

Also, ring has a sale on at the moment, so google had to put the products it hasn't discontinued on sale too.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1507 posts
363 upvotes
ORLEANS
I would stay far away from nest products! The notifications are very delayed! Ring on the other hand is near instant! I have both products.
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
320 posts
241 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: Is a new version about to come out?
Google has already said they are releasing a new lineup of cameras this year. I assume it includes a new doorbell. They've stopped stocking anything that sells out - I expect this sale is an effort to get the rest of the Hello's out the door at a modest price.
Nov 9, 2005
975 posts
354 upvotes
Palidino wrote: I would stay far away from nest products! The notifications are very delayed! Ring on the other hand is near instant! I have both products.
Complete opposite for me and a couple friends - Ring doorbell was very delayed - we all switched to Nest doorbells.

My ring Floodlight cam works well though.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3019 posts
527 upvotes
Alberta
I have no issues with delayed notifications from Nest
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1221 posts
917 upvotes
Whitby
Palidino wrote: I would stay far away from nest products! The notifications are very delayed! Ring on the other hand is near instant! I have both products.
Strange.. I don't own one, but have been eyeing one for a long time and all the reviews give it a solid rating for instantaneous notification. There is a reason why these rarely go on sale and even when on sale it does not go below $220.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
15837 posts
4570 upvotes
Scarberia
so with nest, when someone rings the doorbell, it popups automatically on your google hub screen ? if yes, hows the lag/latency? is like a few seconds bhind in real time? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5352 posts
4428 upvotes
Ring is garbage in terms of quality compared to nest. My neighbor has a nest and a few others I know too and the video quality and notification are so much better than my ring pro

All ring has for it is cheap. By time I get notifications, the person is gone or if someone rings doorbell, by time I can actually connect to the camera, it's like a minute later

Ring doesn't work in real time, it's food for catching rabbits and cats that I can see in from notifications the morning though

Ring is slow and laggy and basically you can't connect to the ring pro when it's active (eg senses motion and I guess it's recording/uploading), so you know someone ran doorbell, but can't connect to them until they're long gone or minutes later
May 17, 2011
591 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
We have the nest and love it. There are a few occasions when I don't get a notification on time but it's few and far between. We put one in my parents house and they view the doorbell and their cameras all day long on their nest hub. :-)
[OP]
Mar 2, 2015
282 posts
407 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Integrates really well with the Google Home Hub Max, which is also on special!
Jun 22, 2009
25 posts
24 upvotes
Staples also have this on sale for $249.99 however with coupon 94008 bring it 10% down to $225
Jun 13, 2017
135 posts
77 upvotes
My experience has been the total opposite, Nest Hello has been extremely responsive with notifications. Got both Ring and Nest, ended up returning the Ring. Maybe it's your network causing the delays?
Jul 30, 2015
159 posts
279 upvotes
Ottawa
not true, I have nest products all over my home and notifications are instant...
Dec 23, 2008
20 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
viet_guy1984 wrote: Staples also have this on sale for $249.99 however with coupon 94008 bring it 10% down to $225
Hey how did you get this coupon code to work exactly? I get the error message: The discount code you've entered is invalid
Dec 14, 2012
431 posts
478 upvotes
Ottawa
shoppers.ca also carries this. Just check if you have any offer from pc optimum.
there was an offer of 50k pits for $150 purchase last Thursday.
Images
  • 8076B5F0-6D4B-4F92-A2ED-0445F1BF3854.jpeg
Jun 22, 2009
25 posts
24 upvotes
serge7789 wrote: Hey how did you get this coupon code to work exactly? I get the error message: The discount code you've entered is invalid
I think they fixed it, it was working for me this morning.
Images
  • Screenshot 2021-04-20 173157.jpg
Feb 17, 2015
36 posts
50 upvotes
Victoria, BC
viet_guy1984 wrote:
I think they fixed it, it was working for me this morning.
I have called/chat with staples support and showed them the attached pic with discount. They honored it by giving me a refund for the same value of the discount after I bought the item
Good things comes to those who wait.....for GOOD DEALS!!