Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Gopro hero 5 session bundle

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2017 1:37 pm
Jan 21, 2010
168 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Gopro hero 5 session bundle

See the gopro hero 5 session bundle at Dundas Dixie Costco today. Clearance priced.

Seems like a good deal, $399 at bestbuy.
Images
  • 20171025_121739.jpg
27 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
I've read this title a few times, and for some reason my eyes see Guitar Hero 5.
May 22, 2015
189 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cool costco.ca selling it for 379.99...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
zulu5 wrote: See the gopro hero 5 session bundle at Dundas Dixie Costco today. Clearance priced.

Seems like a good deal, $399 at bestbuy.
Great price
Mar 4, 2003
416 posts
43 upvotes
burnaby
lol.....I bought Gopro 4 silver bundle $299 last year from Costco, Worth the upgrade?
zulu5 wrote: Just not sure I need it... Lol
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
I currently have the Apeman action cam (basically a faux-pro) from Amazon which i bought for $50.

Took it with me to Japan and worked as expected. While quality was not extraordinary, it worked fine.

Does anyone know if it's worthwhile to upgrade to a Go-Pro?
Nov 9, 2009
147 posts
107 upvotes
Brampton
jeremy31 wrote: lol.....I bought Gopro 4 silver bundle $299 last year from Costco, Worth the upgrade?

This is for the Gopro Session, not the Gopro hero model ...you'd lose the lcd screen for starters
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
1139 posts
405 upvotes
jono454 wrote: I currently have the Apeman action cam (basically a faux-pro) from Amazon which i bought for $50.

Took it with me to Japan and worked as expected. While quality was not extraordinary, it worked fine.

Does anyone know if it's worthwhile to upgrade to a Go-Pro?
We've got a couple of faux pros (dbpower and akaso) for the kids and 1 go pro silver (the costco bundle from last year)
There are differences and they are noticeable to me.

1) image quality - the GoPro to me outputs a nicer image quality and will have much bigger file sizes, I'm assuming that they are not compressing as much as the others. the image is sharper
you have choices in the go pro fields of view too, where as the faux pros i have you can't change it from medium , to wide etc. Note i only use 1080 because it's good enough for me now and i don't have the HD space and computing power and desire to keep/process all the raw footage of 4K.
2) build quality - GoPro is better,heavier etc...
3) battery life is about the same
4) accessories work the same, but you can get more fancy remotes with the gopro.
5) software and other functionality for my use is similar
6) all have a screen on the back which is a nice feature for me so i can frame the shots without needing to look at a phone - but some may want a smaller form factor in the session.

The real question is how much "quality" do you want and how much do you want to spend on it, there are probably some more expensive Faux pros out there that are starting to rival Go pro in terms of quality of image .

I saw costco had the hero 5 in the store now too, so my big draw to getting that one is it being waterproof without a case so the sound quality would be better. But its in the $500 range. I don't think i'd get a session because of the lack of the screen, again, some may want the small form factor and not mind using another device to frame up the shot or just eyeball where the camera is pointing..

But for now i'll stick to the gopro 4 silver at 1080p for me and the kids are fine using the faux pros.
Nov 29, 2011
489 posts
400 upvotes
CALGARY
found this. Not sure if it's the same but looks like it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8633 posts
2399 upvotes
Mississauga
zulu5 wrote: Just not sure I need it... Lol
Me also. Want yes need no. lol
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
dealCker wrote:
Appreciate the detailed feedback!

Will put some thought in to this before i make a go or no go on the Hero 5.

Was hoping battery life would be better. I was able to pick up 2 spare batteries for my faux pro for like $10 which really came in handy. On the other hand i know pretty much all Go Pro accessories are significantly higher in cost.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
The video posted in here from YouTube is American, but was only posted a couple weeks ago. The end of video links to a video of Costco selling a Hero 5 Black bundle for $399! This Session video showed Costco USA's price as $289.99, whereas here in Canada it is $299.99. If that is any indication of the pricing of the Hero 5 bundle here, then I would definitely go for that over the Session bundle. The Hero 5 Black bundle comes with the headstrap too, as well as the dual battery charger. To me, that is a pretty good value, and I would choose the Hero 5 over the Session any day because of the LCD screen. You WANT to be able to frame your shots people! The built-in screen is a great, love it (although some complain of it being a little unresponsive). If you don't have any GoPro or action camera at all, I would get the Hero 5 (or whatever faux pro) first with the screen. The Session is a good add-on camera to add to your collection, to capture different angles of the same video perhaps.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Does anyone know when the regular one will go on sale?
Apr 17, 2006
190 posts
106 upvotes
It is 299.97 CAD, which is a sale price Costco. 5 black bundle is 519.99 CAD currently and maybe it will go to .97 in the near future. Again, $299.97 for the bundle is a very good deal if that is what you are looking for. Personally, I don't think the screen is deal breaker. If you really need to frame your shot, you may just use your cell phone which is going to produce better video most likely.

deezz wrote: The video posted in here from YouTube is American, but was only posted a couple weeks ago. The end of video links to a video of Costco selling a Hero 5 Black bundle for $399! This Session video showed Costco USA's price as $289.99, whereas here in Canada it is $299.99. If that is any indication of the pricing of the Hero 5 bundle here, then I would definitely go for that over the Session bundle. The Hero 5 Black bundle comes with the headstrap too, as well as the dual battery charger. To me, that is a pretty good value, and I would choose the Hero 5 over the Session any day because of the LCD screen. You WANT to be able to frame your shots people! The built-in screen is a great, love it (although some complain of it being a little unresponsive). If you don't have any GoPro or action camera at all, I would get the Hero 5 (or whatever faux pro) first with the screen. The Session is a good add-on camera to add to your collection, to capture different angles of the same video perhaps.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
1139 posts
405 upvotes
jono454 wrote: Appreciate the detailed feedback!

Will put some thought in to this before i make a go or no go on the Hero 5.

Was hoping battery life would be better. I was able to pick up 2 spare batteries for my faux pro for like $10 which really came in handy. On the other hand i know pretty much all Go Pro accessories are significantly higher in cost.
I had read somewhere that the session will have longer battery life, but i think that all cameras this format are going to be 2hrs or less.. I think my silver goes for somehwere between an hour and half to hour 40mins, and the faux pro is about 1:20 to 1:30.., also a friend has one and i was helping him set it up for videoing, and it was a little more difficult to handle without a screen initially, just to figure out if it was on/working etc, (that's without seeing a manual) if you are really concerned about power, i suppose you could attach them to a power brick/block while recording,.

Another friend who has the session said he'd also get something with a screen next time to help frame shots when he is snorkelling and doing water sports.

as for the accessories, I've bought accessory kits from Amazon so I just got the cheap ones and they work for both go and faux pro, but i was able to find the remotes in the spring for a good deal, it was a the basic remote that came with a dive wrist housing.. its somewhere on rfd as a thread..

anyways, good luck
Mar 10, 2003
868 posts
53 upvotes
Montreal
i think this is regular price, i've seem this prince since a least 2 months. But two weeks ago (or one month ago) i saw the Go Pro Hero 5 appear at 519$. Will wait a while maybe it will go on sale now that the hero 6 is out there.
Apr 20, 2011
898 posts
112 upvotes
Scarborough
Whats costco return policy on electronics? 1 year?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
dainfamous41 wrote: Whats costco return policy on electronics? 1 year?
90 days

Electronics: Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for televisions, major appliances, projectors, computers, cameras, tablets, camcorders, MP3 players, cellular phones and other electronic products identified by Costco from time to time.

from https://customerservice.costco.ca/app/a ... l/a_id/585
Mar 6, 2015
404 posts
1448 upvotes
New Brunswick
Down to 279.97....at least in Fredericton.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)