Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Gorilla Rack Heavy-Duty Storage Rack 104.99$ (25$ off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 28th, 2022 8:37 pm
[OP]
May 20, 2020
13 posts
47 upvotes

[Costco] Gorilla Rack Heavy-Duty Storage Rack 104.99$ (25$ off)

25$ off in store
Found at Costco Anjou today, seems like a decent deal. Bought 1 to put in our shed.

Features:
Heavy-duty steel frame
Protective powder-coated finish, black
Particle board shelves with melamine finish, black
Shelves adjust in 1.5 in. (3.8cm) increments to fit any storage needs
Converts into a 2-piece workbench
Bolt-free design for easy assembly

Specifications:
Shelf capacity (evenly distributed weight): 453.6 kg (1,000 lb.)
Dimensions: (W × D × H): 122 cm × 45.8 cm × 182.9 cm (48 in. × 18 in. × 72 in.)
Box weight: 53 kg (116.8 lb.)
Images
  • gorilla2.jpg
  • gorilla1.jpg
59 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2008
1083 posts
1105 upvotes
Raygun007 wrote: 25$ off in store
Found at Costco Anjou today, seems like a decent deal. Bought 1 to put in our shed.

Features:
Heavy-duty steel frame
Protective powder-coated finish, black
Particle board shelves with melamine finish, black
Shelves adjust in 1.5 in. (3.8cm) increments to fit any storage needs
Converts into a 2-piece workbench
Bolt-free design for easy assembly

Specifications:
Shelf capacity (evenly distributed weight): 453.6 kg (1,000 lb.)
Dimensions: (W × D × H): 122 cm × 45.8 cm × 182.9 cm (48 in. × 18 in. × 72 in.)
Box weight: 53 kg (116.8 lb.)
Can you fit those bug yellow costco storage boxes on there?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2018
2307 posts
1725 upvotes
Does costco in alberta have the same deal
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1436 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
Hate to see their sales price is now $15 higher than their regular price of a year ago. ☹️
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
7552 posts
8067 upvotes
bingo_jake wrote: Hate to see their sales price is now $15 higher than their regular price of a year ago. ☹️
Hate to see gaz price double than 1 year ago. Hate to see mayonnaise near double than 1 year ago. Hate to see...

🤬Loudly Crying Face
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2247 posts
2958 upvotes
bingo_jake wrote: Hate to see their sales price is now $15 higher than their regular price of a year ago. ☹️
I know it sucks. Wish my salary was going up too.
Jul 21, 2009
313 posts
219 upvotes
Ottawa/Gatineau
Amazing rack but just a warning, do not attempt to move it once it's assembled. Just keep it where it is and you're good to go.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2420 posts
3193 upvotes
Toronto
Why not? i've moved this and didn't have any issue
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23392 posts
29089 upvotes
This doesn't seem like a sale price compared to what we've seen at Princess Auto lately.
DoorCrasher wrote: Hate to see gaz price double than 1 year ago. Hate to see mayonnaise near double than 1 year ago. Hate to see...

🤬Loudly Crying Face
At least we have bread and circuses, so there's that.
Jan 19, 2008
959 posts
414 upvotes
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Word of warning for those buying these shelves; bring someone to help you move them, they're quite heavy for one person.
Nov 9, 2020
232 posts
431 upvotes
Maple
Saw this at the Costco at Colossus Dr., Vaughan on May-16 for the same price.

Debating between this and the Seville Classics rack which is going for $159.99 in Warehouse - https://www.costco.ca/seville-classics- ... 66862.html

The Gorilla Rack's has horizontal metal racks which sit on each level of the frame, and the display unit's racks were all over the place. This seems to be an issue, and if my finger goes between the rack and the frame, I would not be typing this.

The Seville Classics looks like something that will stay with me for decades.

Anybody who owns either, please chime in.
Images
  • 20220516_185821.jpg
  • 20220516_185823.jpg
Last edited by jay395 on May 17th, 2022 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you need it or do you want it?
Feb 13, 2016
677 posts
918 upvotes
Thinking to get this to use as tables in the garage. Is it good for this?
Mar 23, 2021
21 posts
12 upvotes
I've got a bunch of these in my basement and they are great! I was going to pick up a couple more when they go on sale for $80 but I guess those days are behind us.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1118 posts
1240 upvotes
Surrey
onthemove wrote: Thinking to get this to use as tables in the garage. Is it good for this?
It's a bit awkward when I configured them that way. The corners are raised a bit so they aren't flat. If you work on stuff that protrudes beyond the width/length regularly you'll get annoyed if you need a completely flat surface. You can buy a couple and that will give you some creative options. What I like about these is that you don't have to build it up to the full height. You can keep them to whatever level you want within the design dimensions.
Nov 25, 2015
54 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto, ON
They raised the price and slapped on a smaller discount - I purchased this for $20 off 119.99 >> 99.99 as weekend special about 3 weeks ago.

To somebody above - you can install the middle and very top rack at any height. The bottom and middle one is fixed to secure the shelf together.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1526 posts
462 upvotes
jay395 wrote: Saw this at the Costco at Colossus Dr., Vaughan on May-16 for the same price.

Debating between this and the Seville Classics rack which is going for $159.99 in Warehouse - https://www.costco.ca/seville-classics- ... 66862.html

The Gorilla Rack's has horizontal metal racks which sit on each level of the frame, and the display unit's racks were all over the place. This seems to be an issue, and if my finger goes between the rack and the frame, I would not be typing this.

The Seville Classics looks like something that will stay with me for decades.

Anybody who owns either, please chime in.
This honestly looks like someone just did a crap job of assembling the Gorilla rack. I have three in my basement and they are very solid with no finger-chomping gaps to them. The instructions recommend a rubber mallet (I agree) and lubricant (which I did not need) for assembly, so as long as you get everything properly in its place, it'll be fine.

I also prefer it not being on casters and having solid instead of wire shelves, so I can put things on it that otherwise might wobble or fall through.
Oct 27, 2020
60 posts
77 upvotes
cbr600 wrote: Can you fit those bug yellow costco storage boxes on there?
The shelves are adjustable so you can have them any distance apart you'd like. I use mine for recycling bins and can have 3 layers with one shorter shelf on the bottom.
Oct 25, 2017
681 posts
657 upvotes
Dark_fantom wrote: Word of warning for those buying these shelves; bring someone to help you move them, they're quite heavy for one person.
This. Was a struggle to get it into my sedan, when I bought a couple years ago. I guess I could have asked Costco employee for help. Then getting it out of the car was more tricky… think I had to do it piece by piece in the end.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)