GoSpeed Electric Fat Tire Bike $1,599

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2021 1:14 am
[OP]
Dec 12, 2005
386 posts
380 upvotes

[Costco] GoSpeed Electric Fat Tire Bike $1,599

Not sure if it's a great deal, no review online. Cannot find the make of battery.

Can e-bike experts comment on this bike, please?

Product Details

The GoSpeed e-bike is extremely versatile with 4 modes to select from, consisting of pedal assist, electric, manual, or walk mode. The GoSpeed includes 66 cm (26 in.) Kenda reflective fat tires, has a top speed of 32 km/h (20 mph) and can go a distance of up to 57 km (36 miles) in pedal assist mode with a single charge. Lastly, the front shock suspension and Velo plush seat will ensure a comfortable ride.

Features:
Max speed: up to 32km/h (20 mph) without pedaling
Max range: 32 km (20 miles) throttle only and 57 km (36 miles) pedal assist
Motor: 500 W brushless hub motor
Battery: 4 8V 10.4 Ah removable lithium ion battery
Shifter: Shimano SL-TX50 thumb shifter, 7 speed
Fork: Front suspension fork
Display: Gopowerbike SW900 LCD
Brakes: front and rear Tektro disk brake
Throttle type: twist throttle
Lights: front LED lights
Pedals: Wellgo with reflectors
Tires: Kenda tires 66 cm × 10.16 cm (26 in. × 4 in.)
Frame size: 45.72 cm (18 in.)
Frame material: aluminum alloy 6061
Charging time: up to 3-4 hours
Velo plush seat
Integrated bell
Kickstand: heavy-duty aluminum with rubber plastic foot
Water resistant
Recommended age: 14 and up
Weight capacity: 136 kg (300 lb.)

Specifications:
Dimensions (L × H): 190.5 cm × 118.1 cm (75 in. × 46.5 in.)
Weight: 29.4 kg (66 lb.)

Warranty:
1 year limited
37 replies
Nov 21, 2018
401 posts
569 upvotes
Mission, BC
Honestly, not bad. The Costco warranty is worth that deal. I'm not sure they're not true fat tires, more like an in between, but fine for every day use. The fact they're using common, reliable components for brakes and shifting means you can walk into any bike store to have it serviced. The suspension is probably not going to be amazing but it'll be better than a hard tail. We have two ebikes and this price point is pretty good.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1580 posts
1062 upvotes
Manitoba
Interesting... could be a good winter bike-to-work workhorse.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1603 posts
678 upvotes
Toronto
I am soo tempted. If only I had space to park this, I would be all over it
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Dec 24, 2017
398 posts
373 upvotes
Its actually not that bad at its price point. like the first guy said best thing about this is the Costco warranty. The battery is a bit small, especially for a fat bike but it's passable. You could always add a suspension seat post in the future as it's a hard tail bike for a bit more comfort. Recently just bought two ebikes myself one with a 2.8" and the other with a 4" tire.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1580 posts
1062 upvotes
Manitoba
Curious though, based on the pics the tires don't look too wide to be a fat bike but specs say it is 4" wide.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5131 posts
1691 upvotes
Toronto
I don't like big bulky style bikes but after seeing a guy ride his Propella, I'm having second thoughts.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1327 posts
1510 upvotes
TehRFDAnomaly wrote: Interesting... could be a good winter bike-to-work workhorse.
Assuming no ice? I can't image fat tires handle ice that well.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1580 posts
1062 upvotes
Manitoba
lleb13 wrote: Assuming no ice? I can't image fat tires handle ice that well.
According to my co-worker who did bike-to-work on a none electric fattie, it does hold up well even on icy conditions.
May 28, 2013
607 posts
423 upvotes
Laval, QC
TehRFDAnomaly wrote: Interesting... could be a good winter bike-to-work workhorse.
I'm not sure you will enjoy much the weak (10,4 Ah) battery performance in lower temperatures...
Aug 17, 2012
411 posts
540 upvotes
Victoria
You would be better off waiting for the Radpower clearance sale that happens every year. Bigger battery, great support, and cheaper prices. My Radrover was $1399 + tax and free shipping. I love the bike!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1580 posts
1062 upvotes
Manitoba
qlaval wrote: I'm not sure you will enjoy much the weak (10,4 Ah) battery performance in lower temperatures...
I'm a newb on this electric bike stuff so very interested in getting some more info. What battery should we be looking at?
audioarchetype wrote: You would be better off waiting for the Radpower clearance sale that happens every year. Bigger battery, great support, and cheaper prices. My Radrover was $1399 + tax and free shipping. I love the bike!
Will check this out.
Nov 27, 2008
213 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Always good to see the brake levers higher then the handlebars and the seat set low for the rider. A real e/bike company wouldn't have over looked that.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13441 posts
2723 upvotes
Vancouver
Mr. Robo wrote: I don't like big bulky style bikes but after seeing a guy ride his Propella, I'm having second thoughts.
I would like a propella but exchange and shipping :(
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13441 posts
2723 upvotes
Vancouver
audioarchetype wrote: You would be better off waiting for the Radpower clearance sale that happens every year. Bigger battery, great support, and cheaper prices. My Radrover was $1399 + tax and free shipping. I love the bike!
Yeah, when was that sale? Thanks
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11839 posts
104393 upvotes
Ontario
TehRFDAnomaly wrote: According to my co-worker who did bike-to-work on a none electric fattie, it does hold up well even on icy conditions.
Biking to work with fat tires ? Isn’t that tiring compared to thin tires ?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5131 posts
1691 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote: I would like a propella but exchange and shipping :(
Or that Yamaha Cross Core looks sweet.
Jan 22, 2008
83 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
Most dedicated e-bike suppliers are struggling to keep up with demand right now, so not having to wait 2-3 months is a plus. Specs are okay, but yes the battery is a bit on the small side, but probably adequate for short journeys. Not sure how Costco deal with minor issues that would be covered under warranty? Would they just replace it, or arrange for repairs?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
4210 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
The brand's website: https://gopowerbike.com/products/gospeed-2019-model
Their pricing is ridiculous though: https://www.c21stores.com/products/webi ... 41000.html

One of their other bikes was reviewed here: https://electricbikereview.com/go-power/go-express/

IMO this bike is a decent deal and costco's return policy is very generous so returns are relatively easy if you have a car that can carry the bike back to a store.

However, cable disc brakes on a heavy ebike means you have to squeeze much harder than hydraulic brakes. The hub motor is made by some no name brand "Sandra" so longevity/power will be questionable. 10AH battery with unspecified (probably china branded) cells is really weak on a fat bike where drag & rolling resistance is much higher.

For people considering a fat tire bike in winter: DON'T. You need special studded tires for winter riding, fat tires are only good for some offroad & sand. Snow/ice is different, just like how winter tires on cars are different from offroad tires.