Battery: 4 8V 10.4 Ah removable lithium ion battery
Shifter: Shimano SL-TX50 thumb shifter, 7 speed
Fork: Front suspension fork
Display: Gopowerbike SW900 LCD
Brakes: front and rear Tektro disk brake
Throttle type: twist throttle
Lights: front LED lights
Pedals: Wellgo with reflectors
Tires: Kenda tires 66 cm × 10.16 cm (26 in. × 4 in.)
Frame size: 45.72 cm (18 in.)
Frame material: aluminum alloy 6061
Charging time: up to 3-4 hours
Velo plush seat
Integrated bell
Kickstand: heavy-duty aluminum with rubber plastic foot
Water resistant
Recommended age: 14 and up
Weight capacity: 136 kg (300 lb.)

https://www.costco.ca/gospeed-electric- ... 54175.html

This product is back-ordered, and is expected to ship between 06/07/2021 and 06/13/2021.
31 replies
Feb 14, 2006
872 posts
1010 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Good deal for NS residents with the $500 rebate currently offered through government
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2009
3626 posts
3204 upvotes
Not bad, but the range and rear derailleur suck.
"Frank Burns eats worms"
Nov 8, 2010
101 posts
34 upvotes
I’m wondering if the battery is removable

I would want to use this to get to the subway than secure it and travel to work (when back to office is in effect)

I was looking at teovelo but those are 2500 soo this would be a saving of 1000$

I only need to do 8 km each way soo 16 km per day

The other thing I’m wondering is the rain resistance
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22795 posts
176646 upvotes
GTA
john_geush wrote: I’m wondering if the battery is removable

I would want to use this to get to the subway than secure it and travel to work (when back to office is in effect)

(
It says right in the specs that the battery is removable (most of them are). The challenge would still be securing something like this. Thieves are content stealing $200 Crappy Tire bikes so when they come across something like this, it would be like they've hit the motherlode...
Nov 8, 2010
101 posts
34 upvotes
Yeah I think teovelo have some audible anti theft but I would need to add it to this one

As I would be leaving the bike in a public environnement secure to a bike rack but still

People suck, that something I didn’t have to think about with work from home and even if I’m going back in the office 1-2 days a week I wanted to save on gas and do little bit of exercise
Mar 4, 2014
151 posts
40 upvotes

As others have mentioned, it will eventually get stolen, not worth taking the risk. On the other hand get yourself a portable foldable electric scooter or similar that you could take with to work plus you could charge it at your desk.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3476 posts
2020 upvotes
sfu_lifer wrote: Wow this bike is heavy. 66lbs
and to that the battery capacity 48V 10.4 Ah is very small for a heavy bike with fat tires.

I have Yukon Voltbike 48 V 17.5 Ah similar weight and FAT tires. I get around 60 km medium assist and always pedaling.
RFD Admins All Drive Teslas. You should Too!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3840 posts
2868 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON

You'd be better off with one without fat tires. These bikes are really meant for snow/sand surfaces, not asphalt.
Not sure if the seat post length installed, but if you left it in the position shown in the photos, your knees will be around your ears. Definitely not good for pedalling.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9898 posts
3663 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario

Get something like this

costco-jetson-bolt-pro-electric-bike-pr ... 9-2466145/
paksau wrote: As others have mentioned, it will eventually get stolen, not worth taking the risk. On the other hand get yourself a portable foldable electric scooter or similar that you could take with to work plus you could charge it at your desk.
+1
Oct 29, 2013
193 posts
178 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Ruciz wrote: Good deal for NS residents with the $500 rebate currently offered through government
Wow $500!! That's fantastic! Thumbs Up Sign Wish we had that in BC!
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1017 posts
117 upvotes
Not finding any "Jetson" bikes on Costco.ca that aren't kids' versions (or a scooter)... maybe they don't carry that anymore. Any chance you have a link to that product? The link in that thread takes you to Costco's price match policy page it seems.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9898 posts
3663 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
barto wrote: Not finding any "Jetson" bikes on Costco.ca that aren't kids' versions (or a scooter)... maybe they don't carry that anymore. Any chance you have a link to that product? The link in that thread takes you to Costco's price match policy page it seems.
Its in and out of stock constantly. Though you probably have better chance in store.
Dec 24, 2017
350 posts
331 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: You'd be better off with one without fat tires. These bikes are really meant for snow/sand surfaces, not asphalt.
Not sure if the seat post length installed, but if you left it in the position shown in the photos, your knees will be around your ears. Definitely not good for pedalling.
There are benefits to riding a fat tire besides snow and sand, but yes they get less mileage.
Dec 24, 2017
350 posts
331 upvotes
barto wrote: Not finding any "Jetson" bikes on Costco.ca that aren't kids' versions (or a scooter)... maybe they don't carry that anymore. Any chance you have a link to that product? The link in that thread takes you to Costco's price match policy page it seems.
Those JETSON bikes are laughable at best I'm sorry. you get what you pay for and what you are paying for with those is a piece of junk.
Dec 24, 2017
350 posts
331 upvotes

It's definitely removable, they are using a battery case that tons of ebike use. you can even see the lock on the picture. this bike is actually a pretty decent deal for what it is. The battery is a bit small though.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22795 posts
176646 upvotes
GTA
MrFrugal1 wrote: You'd be better off with one without fat tires. These bikes are really meant for snow/sand surfaces, not asphalt.
Agree with there being better options for someone just looking for first mile/last mile transport, but I would say that fat tire bikes are still OK for asphalt. Many consider them like the SUVs of the bike world (can go pretty much anywhere).

That being said, if I was seriously considering one for commuting (and mostly/exclusively for that purpose), I would look into a lighter weight /folding one that I could carry with me and take to the office, to help avoid the potential theft issues. Something like a Carbo, though I realize it's certainly quite a bit more expensive than this one.
Mar 19, 2016
605 posts
556 upvotes
canada
For the sale price not bad. But at 2k I would look elsewhere. Volt bike has a nice fat Tire bike for a little over 2k and I believe they are in stock.