Hot Deals

[Costco] Gourmia Air Fryer for $59.99 YMMV (Nationwide)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2020 9:46 pm
Jan 1, 2019
34 posts
73 upvotes
Thank you for sharing this deal OP. I really don't understand the downvotes for this thread. Is everyone's reading comprehension that terrible? $60 for an air fryer is a very solid price, especially for this design AND with costco warranty...
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
1713 posts
1196 upvotes
GVRD
misterlamed wrote: compared to the Panasonic one?
Panasonic makes an air fryer? I haven't seen one. Panasonic usually makes good quality products. Do you have a link?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2093 posts
437 upvotes
YVR
Lush78 wrote: I think you mean Phillips...
Yea, I think Philips has one of the original air fryers. They have a patented technology for it. Unsure how much better it makes it.
Zoomer
May 8, 2013
538 posts
505 upvotes
London
ssjlancer wrote: I would still get the ninja since it uses a ceramic coating instead of teflon.
What kind of temperature does this get to that u are concerned about the Teflon?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2839 posts
1215 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Chongus wrote: Thank you for sharing this deal OP. I really don't understand the downvotes for this thread. Is everyone's reading comprehension that terrible? $60 for an air fryer is a very solid price, especially for this design AND with costco warranty...
$60 is a pretty good price for Costco imo.

But Vision and bigbox stores frequently also have these sub $50 models, which deals to the question if this thread's model is around the same quality.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3031 posts
2819 upvotes
Alberta
TeriyakiJack wrote: Yea, I think Philips has one of the original air fryers. They have a patented technology for it. Unsure how much better it makes it.
I recently purchased the Phillips air fryer xl. Seems like a really nice unit, but I've only used it once and have nothing to compare to. We are mostly using our breville smart oven air that we also recently purchased.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1346 posts
773 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
ryansluman wrote: What kind of temperature does this get to that u are concerned about the Teflon?
Not sure about the temp but the teflon does break down on me. Im sure ceramic will break down too. So Id rather be eating ceramic.
May 8, 2013
538 posts
505 upvotes
London
ssjlancer wrote: Not sure about the temp but the teflon does break down on me. Im sure ceramic will break down too. So Id rather be eating ceramic.
Yikes. I would rather not be eating either. I read some reviews of one which said the coating comes off :s.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
2446 posts
439 upvotes
Vancouver
[...]
I bought last Dec the Ninjia air fryer from Costco for like $80-$89 bucks for my mom, my wife loves that airfryer and sort of has taken it from my mom so wondering how this one compares to the ninja as I have to get another air fryer.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 4th, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: quote and your response removed
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5283 posts
471 upvotes
Been reading a bit about the differences of using an air fryer like this one VS a convection toaster oven.
For people who have had experience with both - are you able to achieve a similar effect with your convection toaster oven?
Nov 21, 2016
87 posts
69 upvotes
abbotsford
[..]

I was only semi-confused, but I’ll explain what probably confused people (FYI this is just for constructive feedback. I still appreciate your posts)

- The title itself just makes it initially sound like a Costco USA deal: title just has “Costco item for $59 regularly $99usd”. You could have just put $59 in the title and then explained the US pricing in the post instead.

- the first lines in your post link a gourmia website, so right off the bat it appears as if the deal is on Gourmia rather than Costco. You’re just providing that link without any context. It’s more intuitive to have the first link in a post to the online deal (like if it were for sale on Costco.ca, the first link should have been to that). In this case, this item isn’t available online. So you should at least give context for the link: e.g. “You can find more info on the product on the manufacturer page here....”

- putting the amazon link next- same as above, it’s just unintuitive

- basically, I think your entire post should have been reversed from top to bottom:

1) You should have started by explaining your local Costco brought these in etc.,

2) then you could add the comment about the Ninja,

3) other product info:
- See amazon for reviews
- see these links for information on the product
- regularly 99usd, 59cad makes it hot, etc.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 5th, 2020 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed as part of larger cleanup, left your reply since it is excellent feedback and may help OP with formatting future deal threads
Dec 18, 2017
941 posts
1924 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ssjlancer wrote: I would still get the ninja since it uses a ceramic coating instead of teflon.
Except that the Ninja Air Fryer didn’t quite last.

I bought mine in February and have only used it to make veggies (potatoes, asparagus, broccoli) and occasionally fries and I can’t seem to get the junk off despite this being dishwasher safe and all. Face With Rolling Eyes

This will be going back to Costco. I was tempted to use Easy-off on this thing but am afraid I’ll ruin the coating to the extent that Costco won’t accept the return.

D9BD7C6D-9670-497A-90D2-7857E9D58DC9.jpeg
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1346 posts
773 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
vancityguy0 wrote: Except that the Ninja Air Fryer didn’t quite last.

I bought mine in February and have only used it to make veggies (potatoes, asparagus, broccoli) and occasionally fries and I can’t seem to get the junk off despite this being dishwasher safe and all. Face With Rolling Eyes

This will be going back to Costco. I was tempted to use Easy-off on this thing but am afraid I’ll ruin the coating to the extent that Costco won’t accept the return.

That does look bad. Guess Ill have to stick with an airfryer with a stainless steel basket.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8166 posts
46975 upvotes
Ontario
vancityguy0 wrote: Except that the Ninja Air Fryer didn’t quite last.

I bought this in feb
https://www.amazon.ca/Philips-HD9650-96 ... 228&sr=8-6
Still going strong. Don't have those stains and I use it to make Chinese foods。I don't even wash it right away because I am lazy.
Costco will accept anything back as long as you are not satisfied.
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Jun 1st, 2020 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.