Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Gourmia Air Fryer 7QT - $48.99 (in-store) | $59.99 (online)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2022 10:11 am
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13852 posts
27391 upvotes
Headbeancounter wrote: I bought this in store earlier this week and it was still at regular price?!
They were $69.99 yesterday . Costco been doing these “ weekend “ sales lately that usually start friday and end on Sunday .

At $49 it’s a no brainer and pretty practical appliance.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2263 posts
1101 upvotes
Ontario
stephroll wrote: They were $69.99 yesterday . Costco been doing these “ weekend “ sales lately that usually start friday and end on Sunday .

At $49 it’s a no brainer and pretty practical appliance.
Thanks, I'd better go back and get the price adjustment before it is sold out.
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Aug 1, 2016
420 posts
754 upvotes
I got this as a gift from my sister for christmas. Its excellent, I've made many things in it from hamburgers, hash browns, chicken breasts, salmon.
Nov 24, 2006
575 posts
334 upvotes
london
karapy wrote: I think it doesn't have to be in stock for a price adjustment if it is purchased within the last 30 days.
From first hand experience, the item has to physically be in stock in the store in order to qualify for a price adjustment
Dec 12, 2019
760 posts
581 upvotes
Saw 20+ in Merivale,
They didn't sell like cupcakes like the other time. I feel like they hang around for awhile at regular price which cools down even after sale now.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2261 posts
121 upvotes
but do you need to present your receipt? Or is membership card enough for them to search?
Sep 6, 2014
131 posts
95 upvotes
Jeremy_H_Chan wrote: Was reading a bunch of the 1*-2* reviews... overall at 4.5* it seems ok, but anyone with experience with this machine able to post post experience with it. I've been wanting to try this to make healthier and better tasting chicken fingers, fish sticks and fries for my kids but afraid it's going to come out pretty much the same (or worse) as my propane convection oven.
Works great dude. It has changed our lives. No more deep fried food. Go buy it, you won't regret it.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1698 posts
5776 upvotes
Toronto
aokec wrote: but do you need to present your receipt? Or is membership card enough for them to search?
I have had them look up my purchase when doing a return.
Receipts are also now available in the Costco app. You may have to do a verification process to get full access to your account.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2263 posts
1101 upvotes
Ontario
aokec wrote: but do you need to present your receipt? Or is membership card enough for them to search?
You don't need the receipt, they can look it up the system, that said, I always present mine to speed things up.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2261 posts
121 upvotes
Headbeancounter wrote: You don't need the receipt, they can look it up the system, that said, I always present mine to speed things up.
Argh, I wish I had known. A few weeks ago I returned a shirt and they said it's $5 and I took it since there was a long line behind me but my wife said she paid $10 online.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2263 posts
1101 upvotes
Ontario
aokec wrote: Argh, I wish I had known. A few weeks ago I returned a shirt and they said it's $5 and I took it since there was a long line behind me but my wife said she paid $10 online.
I don't know if they could look up an online purchase without the order number, I always show them a printout of my online order.
Jul 8, 2019
63 posts
619 upvotes
Jeremy_H_Chan wrote: Was reading a bunch of the 1*-2* reviews... overall at 4.5* it seems ok, but anyone with experience with this machine able to post post experience with it. I've been wanting to try this to make healthier and better tasting chicken fingers, fish sticks and fries for my kids but afraid it's going to come out pretty much the same (or worse) as my propane convection oven.
I’ve been very impressed with it, and at this price it is fantastic!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2953 posts
3164 upvotes
GVRD
It's interesting about the Watts. Bigger sized units don't give you proportionally more cooked food for the same amount of time. They have the same amount of heat output typically but just spread the heat out to a larger surface area. You will have more surface area, but the benefit there is not having to shake/stir as often.

Gourmia 7Qt - 1500 Watts
Ninja 4Qt - 1550 Watts

But perhaps a larger convection fan size would result in more cooked food in the larger units? Perhaps that might help a little.

For all these air fryers, the weakest link is the non-stick coating. One can buy original and 3rd party replacements. The quality and durability of that non-stick coating determines the expiration date of these units. Almost all the reviews of these products are typically from exited new owners, rather than owners who have used them for 6-12 months.

But there's the other issue - cleaning. It's very difficult to clean the grease build-up from the areas around the fan and heating elements. After 1-2 years, many will be happy to purchase a replacement and start again with a new non-stick and a clean unit.
Last edited by RxMills on Jan 22nd, 2022 12:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2563 posts
1775 upvotes
Vancouveresque
aokec wrote: Argh, I wish I had known. A few weeks ago I returned a shirt and they said it's $5 and I took it since there was a long line behind me but my wife said she paid $10 online.
Online price includes shipping, it will always be more than the in warehouse price. I don't think you can do a price adjustment for an item bought online vs the in warehouse price, or at least they shouldn't. Technically you could return the online order and buy it again, but..

I wish Costco would just charge shipping prices as a separate line item like everywhere else.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Jan 27, 2007
989 posts
1053 upvotes
It's funny how they did my price adjustment today. I paid $64.99 and it's now $49.99 in store. But instead of refunding me $15+tax, they gave me back $20+tax because the item is $20 off now (from 69.99 to 49.99). Not complaining.
Nov 17, 2007
316 posts
221 upvotes
Wrap the inside basket with aluminum! With aluminum foil liner, I only had to wash my air-fryer once every couple of months. The only part I do wash regularly is the stainless steel rack. I can also reuse the aluminium foil unless i'm cooking something greasy or wet. It's been a year and my air fryer is still good as new.

seagull1987 wrote: My only complaint with it has been that the non-stick liner barely lasted a week. May be my fault because I put it in the dishwasher though.
Mar 23, 2017
923 posts
1652 upvotes
Toronto
Can you buy online and then get price adjustments for the in store price?
Feb 10, 2021
104 posts
69 upvotes
Is there a point in buying an air fryer if I already own a full size convection oven?
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1442 posts
1472 upvotes
kyledig5 wrote: Is there a point in buying an air fryer if I already own a full size convection oven?
Probably some power savings? Join the hype train?

Not really.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1442 posts
1472 upvotes
SamG852 wrote: Can you buy online and then get price adjustments for the in store price?
Of course not. Don't be ridiculous.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

onlineprofileaccount