Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Greenworks 22" 80v Snowblower - $299.97 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 8:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
5779 posts
33959 upvotes
Montreal

[Costco] Greenworks 22" 80v Snowblower - $299.97 YMMV

Spotted at Costco Candiac last night, they have four Greenworks 22" 80v snowblower reduced a 3rd time down to $299.97 (this was originally ~900$ I think when it was first sold)

YMMV. Good luck - Chances are at this price they'll be gone quick.
09278B8B-59CB-4FEF-8128-C4407132284B.jpeg
Last edited by krazykanuck on Feb 3rd, 2020 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
63 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28751 posts
9353 upvotes
Hamilton
Is this safe to use on exposed aggregate driveway?
hated on but respected.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12428 posts
2148 upvotes
GTA
yao416 wrote: Is this safe to use on exposed aggregate driveway?
for you, for sure not. others maybe..........
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28751 posts
9353 upvotes
Hamilton
OP. Your picture worked the first time. It doesn’t work now
hated on but respected.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
5779 posts
33959 upvotes
Montreal
yao416 wrote: OP. Your picture worked the first time. It doesn’t work now
Fixed it. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
Does this work with the Kobalt batteries? I know Greenworks and Kobalt batteries look very similar.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
18958 posts
6130 upvotes
London
TurboTronix wrote: Does this work with the Kobalt batteries? I know Greenworks and Kobalt batteries look very similar.
I believe kobalt batteries don’t interchange. Kobalt batteries are missing groves/ rails that allow them to fit into greenworks tools

There’s a YouTube video that shows how to cut the missing groves into a kobalt pack using a table saw.
Feb 18, 2008
750 posts
1574 upvotes
Thanks, I was interested, but after watching a quick video not what I need.

I already have a small snow joe electric one. Ok for patio and small space with fluffy snow, but not for heavy watery snow we got this winter and definitely not for what municipal snow plow leaves behind! I would really like an electric two-stage snowblower or why not a three-stage!

Keep in mind it's still a workout because you have to push it in snow. Used more my sleigh shovel this year.

I lost the ability to remember things when I lost the right to a full night's sleep.
Feb 18, 2008
750 posts
1574 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: Does this not come with batteries?
Comes with one battery and a rapid charger. That's what it said on the box.
I lost the ability to remember things when I lost the right to a full night's sleep.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
18958 posts
6130 upvotes
London
loletifie wrote: Thanks, I was interested, but after watching a quick video not what I need.

That looks like the older 20” version?

The Op posting is the newer 22” model with the rubber impellers that looks like a clone of the ego 56v blower
Oct 11, 2015
727 posts
276 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
this is tempting, anyone see it in Winnipeg Costoc? Also what would be a decent self propelled snow blower cost these days?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4006 posts
6267 upvotes
So, I do have the Kobalt 80V snowblower ( Lowes brand but actually made by Greenworks ), I would like to give some feedback as it will perform similiar with this one.

First, don't think this can replace a gas snow blower, it cannot. It can however replace saving your back from overall light snow shoveling.

For the 15-20 cm we had couple weeks back. I used this electric snow blower, it was able to clear it with some 'struggle'. The snow however was light, hence why it was able to clear it.

If the snow was heavy or wet, this will not perform well in those situations.

Depending on where you live, how much snow you get, this may help. But in my personal opinion, you may end up having an electric snow blower + gas one for extreme snow storms. Ontario has been having mild winters for several years now though.

I also want to add one more note. The snow blower itself ( if without the battery ) is cheap. But keep in mind, the battery cost at around 200 dollars, so this one comes with 1 battery, its a pretty good deal for those that want to try one.

One more suggestion, if you want to go electric, I suggest you guys invest into 80V kobalt/greenworks lawn mower. I have been using it for past 3 years now and its powerful enough for long grass. I would think in the case of overall effectiveness in converting to electric outdoor appliances, the lawn mower would be more important than this snow blower.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4006 posts
6267 upvotes
Also, as a snow blower owner ( in general ), and having both electric + gas. I have to say, snow blower is one of those items that when you have one, you barely use. But when there is actual massive snow storm, or huge snow curb that the snow truck leaves between your driveway/the road, then it may become life saver. For ontario snow this year, I have used the gas snow blower zero times, the electric I think twice ( once because it was the first time I got to use it after buying it on clearance last year, second was that huge snowstorm around 20cm for once that we had ). The rest was just quick push with a shovel.

The reason why I say this , and I am sure 100% all other snow blower owners agree the same. Some times when there is snow, you end up shoveling instead of using the snow blower. The snow blower doesn't really help in terms of 'time'. Self propelled or what not, its still massively heavy and sometimes the shovel can clear a driveway faster than the snow blower can. This is basically one reason why I went and bought electric because I find my 24inch gas snow blower too cumbersome and I barely use it. The electric however on the other hand can handle some snow, but may struggle when the snow is wet or heavy. However, you actually still get tired pushing it ( as it is not self propelled ). But even if a gas snow blower was self propelled, I find it sometimes too slow. Yes there are different speeds, but you end up changing speeds here and there and fiddling about and end up shoveling a driveway slower than with a shovel ( if not deep wet snow ).

So what am I trying to say, snow blowers are nice to have, but it may really be one of those items that sit in your garage more than being used. Please make sure you have room somewhere to store it all year round. I am talking about snow blower in general, nothing related to the product of this posting. 80V electric lawn mower on the other hand ( you guys need to keep an eye on Lowes website or Costco Greenworks model, comes with 2 batteries ). You end up using those a lot more than a snow blower and surely get your money's worth.
Feb 18, 2008
750 posts
1574 upvotes
Only Vaudreuil still has it for Quebec.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2007
1039 posts
159 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
We purchased this a few months ago, along with the leaf blower. (Leaf blower works great for getting light to medium snow off the top of a big commercial van with ladder racks btw).

My husband loves this snowblower. We had a 12.5 HP 30" wide Sears gas powered snowblower that was really sweet, and powerful, but after we moved it was just too big for our small urban yard and I hated running out of gas and having to drive to the station to get more.

Ideally, this Costco electric snowblower is great for medium to small sized driveways. Not long country driveways. We had a new brick patio in the backyard put in last fall and this snowblower is fantastic for clearing the walk way to our lane parking as well.

We have a partial gravel driveway (mix of pavement and gravel simply because we had a repair last spring and just filled it with gravel until we can afford to get a heated driveway put in). It works well on gravel, no issues. I haven't used it, just hubby but he said it's high enough it doesn't gouge or scrape at the gravel - and our driveway is not nice and flat.

Highly recommend this snowblower (I keep wanting to call it a mower) if you have a smaller driveway (ours is about 40' long and mostly single wide) and walkways to clear.
Oct 5, 2011
183 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
A few years ago i paid $200 + tax for an electronic snow blower (i think about 20 or 22'' wide, using cord, not battery). If i didn't still have it working, i will pull the trigger without any hesitation for this.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4006 posts
6267 upvotes
l69norm wrote: For those who can’t find a Costco with stock, the Lowe’s version is also on sale for $419, regular $699 TIL feb 5

https://www.lowes.ca/product/cordless-e ... ded-795693

Note that while the kobalt battery packs look the same as the greenworks one, they are not interchangeable
don't forget:
Spend $100+, Get 15% OFF | Spend $450+, Get 20% OFF
PROMO CODE: SAVEMORE

expires today

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)