Hot Deals

Costco

Greenworks 22" 80v Snowblower with 4aH - $500 Clearance (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2023 2:00 pm
47 replies
Jan 5, 2023
14 posts
57 upvotes
Is it on clearance on anywhere else? I checked Ottawa, not available
Sep 9, 2015
280 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
only available in Quebec and New Brunswick according to their internal system
Jan 5, 2023
14 posts
57 upvotes
Ameliaski wrote: only available in Quebec and New Brunswick according to their internal system
How did you get this info?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1673 posts
1866 upvotes
Markham
I got the 40v and I wish I got the 80v. The 40v could not handle slushy or packed snow well, it kept stopping, even going very slowly.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Apr 30, 2004
169 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa
Does this have a metal impeller or is it the model with the plastic one?
Feb 13, 2007
202 posts
125 upvotes
Jeremy_H_Chan wrote: Does this have a metal impeller or is it the model with the plastic one?
It's a rubbery leather-like material
Jun 11, 2013
102 posts
84 upvotes
Ajax
Bought 1x at ajax costco for 499 last weekend. Ymmv rest of gta.
Nov 20, 2020
19 posts
91 upvotes
I actually was having this problem with the 80v listed in this thread. I had to take partial chute-width passes for it to not power itself down. I ended up returning it to Costco and picking up the 80v two stage Greenworks (I'm already invested in their ecosystem...). Haven't had a chance to test that bad boy out yet.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6916 posts
5833 upvotes
microstepping wrote: I actually was having this problem with the 80v listed in this thread. I had to take partial chute-width passes for it to not power itself down. I ended up returning it to Costco and picking up the 80v two stage Greenworks (I'm already invested in their ecosystem...). Haven't had a chance to test that bad boy out yet.
I have the 80v 22in and I usually do 3/4-width passes (1/4 overlap) and didn't have any issues last season. In lighter snow I can do fullwidth passes no problem.

I want the two stage haha but can't justify it with our small driveway (city living..)
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2677 posts
1315 upvotes
GTA
None in GTA

East markham location 2 in stock but seems like employees holding it back for themself

As per them both are returns or non-saleable units
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7741 posts
766 upvotes
Vancouver
Waiting for the stage 2 eco to go on sale season end and will buck up and buy that on recommendation by a friend having used two seasons. Already have two tools w ego so makes sense and if price is not where I want it will settle on stage 1

This is a decent price , thankfully in Vancouver no upcoming storm/snow forecast yet but assume we will see another dump before March
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Oct 17, 2012
547 posts
819 upvotes
Quebec
Cisco KId wrote: Waiting for the stage 2 eco to go on sale season end and will buck up and buy that on recommendation by a friend having used two seasons. Already have two tools w ego so makes sense and if price is not where I want it will settle on stage 1

This is a decent price , thankfully in Vancouver no upcoming storm/snow forecast yet but assume we will see another dump before March
Let us know if you find a deal for a 2 stage Ego !

I've never seen them on sale.
Nov 19, 2004
705 posts
126 upvotes
Montreal
I saw it at Candiac around the same date as OP and IIRC, there were only 2 boxes + the demo unit left and I couldn't see any other pallets nearby.

I didn't see it anywhere else in the Mtl area - I go to Brossard, Bridge, Candiac mainly.

Tempted, but have about 100 meters x 2 ft wide or so to do at country home and am worried it would be just a bit too underpowered when clearing more than say 10-15cm... especially if wet or packed.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4239 posts
3074 upvotes
Montreal
Only the three mounting points are steel, most of it is rubber.
RTM wrote: I saw it at Candiac around the same date as OP and IIRC, there were only 2 boxes + the demo unit left and I couldn't see any other pallets nearby.

I didn't see it anywhere else in the Mtl area - I go to Brossard, Bridge, Candiac mainly.

Tempted, but have about 100 meters x 2 ft wide or so to do at country home and am worried it would be just a bit too underpowered when clearing more than say 10-15cm... especially if wet or packed.
Brossard was in the back isle where fridges are, though probably out of stock now.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1965 posts
334 upvotes
Cisco KId wrote: Waiting for the stage 2 eco to go on sale season end and will buck up and buy that on recommendation by a friend having used two seasons. Already have two tools w ego so makes sense and if price is not where I want it will settle on stage 1

EAK47x wrote: Let us know if you find a deal for a 2 stage Ego !

I've never seen them on sale.
Aren’t they sold out everywhere?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7741 posts
766 upvotes
Vancouver
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote: Aren’t they sold out everywhere?
I will be looking after the season, friend bought stage 2 at Lowes during early spring I believe for 1400, have to get more particulars and hope same deal comes around but so far no need for one at moment so no rush:)

If you have batteries already
https://igocordless.ca/en/products/snt2400/
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Oct 17, 2012
547 posts
819 upvotes
Quebec
Cisco KId wrote: I will be looking after the season, friend bought stage 2 at Lowes during early spring I believe for 1400, have to get more particulars and hope same deal comes around but so far no need for one at moment so no rush:)

If you have batteries already
https://igocordless.ca/en/products/snt2400/
1400$ with or without batteries?
Jun 12, 2014
373 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The impeller on this thing is definitely not steel with a rubber pad. It's just layers of rubber.

I accidentally hit a cement corner—my bad—and the impeller tore. If you remove it, you see that it's totally flexible. Tried patching it with Gorilla waterproof tape. I'll just buy another impeller if it doesn't work.
Frugalmeister

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

desstiny