Hot Deals

Costco

Greenworks 22" 80v Snowblower with 4aH - $500 Clearance (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2023 2:00 pm
Oct 24, 2019
948 posts
1799 upvotes
Edmonton
digiital wrote: Stay away from Battery powered blowers and lawn mowers.
They just don't have the power, once the batteries are shot good luck trying to find replacements .

I bought a gas powered one from Costco back around 1999 and I'm still using it. Only thing I have had to do was replace the rubber about 4 yrs ago.
digiital wrote: If the batteries are shot, just buy a new one?
With the gas prices these days I can't imagine recommending a gas powered machine. Then again I don't have a huge backyard or driveway and the machine runs well enough to get the job done... and it charges pretty fast anyways.
digiital wrote:
LOL
Plenty of people here - myself included - have ditched gas tools entirely and have never looked back.

Edit: username does not check out
OnDeals wrote: tell me you've never used good battery powered outdoor equipment, without telling me you haven't used good battery powered equipment.
digiital wrote: 10L lasts me all summer and Winter. I have a corner lot so I have more than the average grass and sidewalk to clear out.
Stop living in the future. This setup even provides fertilizer when mowing the Lawn.

All jokes aside, I'm still on Gas and the price could triple and everyone would still be okay because of the amount that is used in a year.
I will most likely move to Battery (never tried it) as I have a corded detacher that I like but hate the cord.
I just want a one Battery type eco system for ALL my power needs. So for now I'm hoping Milwaukee starts getting a full lineup of Blowers and Mowers.
Dec 24, 2003
302 posts
294 upvotes
Have this blower also from Costco and was able to clear the driveway in one shot - I have a long drive way - approx 75ft. - 2 cars wide
Had about 8in of wet snow - no problem
Sep 30, 2019
190 posts
232 upvotes
have owned two gas blowers (single and dual stage) over the last 15 years and now this one. . .

sticking to the electric.

plenty of power, fast charging, smaller, easier to manoeuvre, less space to store, cleaner, doesn't make a god-awful racket.

able to do a four car driveway, and 200' of sidewalk, and the walkway up to my house. one charge for this weekend's snow.

in the heavier snow last thursday, took a half hour break for a coffee while it charged, finished the job. if i bought a spare battery, no break necessary.

keep your gas powered blowers if you want, but not for me. . .been there, done that
Dec 27, 2008
648 posts
614 upvotes
afong636807717107645200 wrote: have owned two gas blowers (single and dual stage) over the last 15 years and now this one. . .

sticking to the electric.

plenty of power, fast charging, smaller, easier to manoeuvre, less space to store, cleaner, doesn't make a god-awful racket.

able to do a four car driveway, and 200' of sidewalk, and the walkway up to my house. one charge for this weekend's snow.

in the heavier snow last thursday, took a half hour break for a coffee while it charged, finished the job. if i bought a spare battery, no break necessary.

keep your gas powered blowers if you want, but not for me. . .been there, done that
What I love the most is how trivial it is to take out an electric blower, especially those smaller ones.

7AM this morning, I wake up to a crust of snow left by the city plow. Jam a battery in the electric blower, push the button and obliterate the snow in 45 seconds. Put the snowblower back. It took less than 5 minutes, I didn't have to break my back and I didn't have to wake up anybody at 7AM.

Just now, there's been a bit of snow all day and it left a 3-4 cm layer of snow that could freeze over and become bothersome. I took out a wide push shovel and just ran it across the whole driveway, bunching up all the snow in 2-3 minutes. It would not be worth bringing out the big heavy gas snowblower, but this electric thing weighs nothing and makes no sound, so I just whip it out and blow it all over the snow bank in two quick passes. Again, didn't have to lift a heavy shovel, didn't have to haul out a big chunky snowblower.

It might not last 20 years, but if you're in the ecosystem already it's pretty alright and the convenience is huge.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12274 posts
6065 upvotes
OnDeals wrote: How did you get this info?
Ask the front desk they can check this info.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Oct 6, 2012
373 posts
126 upvotes
alberta
As a RFD, I wanted to get best out of the two (Ego and Green works). So I bought One from Lowes(Ego) and one from Costco.ca (Greenworks), and now trying to decide which one to return. May be return both this year because of how less snow Edmonton Alberta received in end of 2022 and early of 2023. Any suggestions ?

Ego -$899.40(SNT2125AP)
Pro's-Built Quality, Self Propelled
Con's-Once used can't be returned, higher price ,3 years battery warranty only, Battery will last max-5-6 years life

Greenworks- $670.00(22inch Model SNB404)
pro's- Costco Warranty(Return if Greenworks gives hassle to fix within 4 years), 8 year battery Warranty(Called greenworks to confirm), Cheaper price
Con's- flimsy quality compare to Ego
Last edited by rupendra76 on Feb 1st, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 14, 2013
635 posts
1113 upvotes
RFD
rupendra76 wrote: As an RFD, I wanted to get best out of two (Ego and Green works). So I bought One from Lowes(Ego) and one from Costco.ca (Greenworks), and now trying to decide which one to return or return both this year because of how less snow Edmonton Alberta received in end of 2022 and early of 2023. Any suggestions ?

Ego -$899.40(SNT2125AP)
Pro's-Built Quality, Self Propelled
Con's-Once used can't be returned, higher price ,3 years battery warranty only, Battery will last max-5-6 years life

Greenworks- $670.00(22inch Model SNB404)
pro's- Costco Warranty(Return if Greenworks gives hassle to fix within 4 years), 8 year battery Warranty(Called greenworks to confirm), Cheaper price
Con's- flimsy quality compare to Ego
Objectively if you were planning to get the snowblower only, I'd go with Ego based on price/quality.

However, I think the most important factor is the battery ecosystem. You should look at the entire line-up and not a single item.
It's extremely convenient to have one/two chargers and several interchangeable batteries. The 80V Greenworks lawn tools (mower, blower, trimmer etc.) all work great and have more than enough power for residential use.
So it really depends, if you plan on going electric; do you want all expensive/premium EGO stuff? All of it is pretty pricey compared to Greenworks, but could be worth it (subjective). For example, I love the design of the EGO dual blade mower and I am hoping Greenworks will copy and release a 80V model soon.

Unless you really don't care about owning several different batteries and chargers.
Dec 31, 2006
126 posts
98 upvotes
Westmount
Anyone seen these around in Montreal?