Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Greenworks 80V 24'' Two Stage Snow Thrower - $1,599 (After $400 Savings)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2023 6:18 am
[OP]
Dec 2, 2020
64 posts
102 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Costco] Greenworks 80V 24'' Two Stage Snow Thrower - $1,599 (After $400 Savings)

Price1,599.99$
Standard Delivery Included

Valid for orders placed 12/30/22 to 01/02/23.

Features:
24” Clearing Width
50ft discharge distance
LED headlights
Brushless Motor
8-Year Battery Guarantee: 4-year Base Warranty + 4-year Extended Warranty for Batteries

Last edited by CarrieRFD on Jan 13th, 2023 12:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
85 replies
Aug 14, 2019
605 posts
828 upvotes
greenworks vs EGO? have doubts about greenworks's tool's longivity.... EGO seems to be widely reviewed as the cordless snowblower to go for and it's only a couple hundred over this....
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7740 posts
763 upvotes
Vancouver
UnexpectedToken wrote: greenworks vs EGO? have doubts about greenworks's tool's longivity.... EGO seems to be widely reviewed as the cordless snowblower to go for and it's only a couple hundred over this....
Buy it in summer as friend did and he got the ego 2 stage for 1400
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1895 posts
1449 upvotes
Cisco KId wrote: Buy it in summer as friend did and he got the ego 2 stage for 1400
where did they buy? how?
Aug 30, 2005
440 posts
127 upvotes
Wow! The 4+4 year warranty on battery seems to be a vote of confidence from GreenWorks.

I already have a Toro E21 single stage snowblower which is more than adequate.
Dec 10, 2006
866 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
I bought the ego 2 stage back in Oct when they still had stock. It was 1799 with batteries and also came with a leaf blower. Looks like the same model went up in price by $200, that’s just crazy. If you are not using ego for your other tools, this greenworks deal isn’t bad since you get the Costco warranty and they have stock.
Feb 27, 2013
360 posts
588 upvotes
Québec
8 year warranty on batteries would make this a no brainer. I'm lucky j got the snowjoe 100v 2 stage for 1k$ though and I have no regrets. It was a big upgrade over my other 2 stage 80v snowjoe. (also paid 1k for that unit)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6178 posts
619 upvotes
Quebec
can it deal with the snowbank left by the snow plow?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6738 posts
6431 upvotes
Ottawa
fakishan wrote: can it deal with the snowbank left by the snow plow?
Reading feedback from EGO owners they do quite well. Very close to getting that one. This one is also intriguin.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2992 posts
1020 upvotes
Ottawa
Cisco KId wrote: Buy it in summer as friend did and he got the ego 2 stage for 1400
I would pay $300 extra just so I can use it this winter….it has been a nightmare this winter in Ontario… lots of heavy wet snow…
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2039 posts
3183 upvotes
Onterrible
Does it take two batteries at once or just one?

I have another 80V 5Ah battery that came with my mower (use it for the leaf blower as well).

If it takes multiple batteries, can you mix different Ah batteries?

Been pretty impressed with Greenworks stuff over the past two summers, so debating getting into their winter stuff.
Sep 2, 2015
172 posts
79 upvotes
Qu
For the same price range, I'm deciding between ego, ryobi and greenworks.

I have a ryobi subsystem but none of my batteries work, so having other equipment in the same family is not in the equation for me.

My 6 years old lawnmower is in a very good shape, but I might replacing it to a battery powered dependingon the advantages.
Apr 30, 2020
425 posts
363 upvotes
4Ah Batteries thats a pretty weak battery, in electric I would go min 10Ah.
Aug 14, 2012
34 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
1,799 I can pay for snow remving for 8 years
[OP]
Dec 2, 2020
64 posts
102 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ChippewaBarr wrote: Does it take two batteries at once or just one?

I have another 80V 5Ah battery that came with my mower (use it for the leaf blower as well).

If it takes multiple batteries, can you mix different Ah batteries?

Been pretty impressed with Greenworks stuff over the past two summers, so debating getting into their winter stuff.
I “think” it will use a single battery at a time actively and you can use the spare batteries within the storage slots provided. I have a single stage snow blower from GW (https://greenworkstools.ca/products/80v ... nd-charger ) and that’s how it’s works at least on that unit

I believe you can use a 5ah as long it’s a 80v
Call Greenworks to confirm
Last edited by AbbasPasha on Dec 30th, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 15, 2022
144 posts
115 upvotes
jackzhan wrote: 1,799 I can pay for snow remving for 8 years
$1799 for 8 years means $225 per year. I guarantee you whoever you pick isn't showing up to actually plow maybe more than 1-2 cm, twice a season.

Last edited by MrDisco on Jan 15th, 2023 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary
Can only lead a horse to water...
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3255 posts
3525 upvotes
DanDurino wrote: $1799 for 8 years means $225 per year. I guarantee you whoever you pick isn't showing up to actually plow maybe more than 1-2 cm, twice a season.

Lol who drags out their snowblower for 1-2cm?
Last edited by MrDisco on Jan 15th, 2023 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2261 posts
795 upvotes
Montreal
jackzhan wrote: 1,799 I can pay for snow remving for 8 years
I'd say make that 4 years, maybe 3 if considering taxes and yearly increases.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2870 posts
2236 upvotes
Mississauga
I have both ego and greenworks tools and ego wins by a large margin.

Ego tools are much more solidly built and has a wider range of tools if you want to join their ecosystem.
They do cost more, but their warranty is superior. Try calling greenworks for support... It's a joke. They don't reply or when they do it's just to visit the store. Ego ships out replacements and is very good. This alone is worth going with them.

I've compared items side by side like the lawn mower, leaf blower, snow blower, trimmer, hedger and chainsaw and each tike the ego either performs better or last longer with slightly weaker performance

Why did I have 2 ecosystems, well I have able to get the greenworks 80v set for less than half the price it would be cost me for the ego set.. and I got it for the cottage which gets occasional use vs at home.

For those asking able the snow banks, so far I've been able to do the 10-14 inch snow banks up in wasaga beach with the greenworks single stage... Albeit with a couple passes and not as smooth if it were a two stage, but it does the job. Tbh 2 stage might be overkill and heavier on the battery drain for city..
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Aug 31, 2003
865 posts
295 upvotes
White Rock, BC
vinnie1990 wrote: ...For those asking able the snow banks, so far I've been able to do the 10-14 inch snow banks up in wasaga beach with the greenworks single stage... Albeit with a couple passes and not as smooth if it were a two stage, but it does the job. Tbh 2 stage might be overkill and heavier on the battery drain for city..
I've had a Greenworks single stage 80v for a couple of seasons now - it's worked great on everything I've had to throw at it <for BC Lower Mainland snow>. More than enough juice to do my driveway, 2 neighbours driveways, and the road in front of my house...as long as I hit it when it's fresh.

I'd love to justify purchasing this, but for my use case not sure it makes sense at $1800. But I would not hesitate on buying Greenworks and worrying about battery/etc. Maybe if this goes on clearance in a few months lol