Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Greenworks 80V 24'' Two Stage Snow Thrower - $1,599 (After $400 Savings)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2023 2:03 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 13, 2022
32 posts
56 upvotes
OnDeals wrote: Does Costco's CIBC card increase the base warranty?
Yes it does

https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... trc=A180:1&
When you charge eligible purchases to your card, you can enjoy Purchase Security Insurance. Plus, with Extended Warranty Insurance, extend the period of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to one additional year on most purchases charged to your card.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9070 posts
2370 upvotes
PapaTroll wrote: Why i decided to invest in this kind of a tool is the snow removing services in my area keeps getting worse/unreliable and increasing their prices.

So in 4-5 years from now not only i would break even but still have 4 years of warranty left.
Most of the time, the biggest issue is the snow bar at the end of the driveway after the plows come through. Unless the snow removal service you hired waits until the plow in your area goes by, or is willing to come back after the plow goes by you're still probably screwed since the timing of their arrival and the road plows aren't going to be synchronized.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
[OP]
Jan 5, 2023
14 posts
57 upvotes
Thanks, I see it there

Purchase Security & Extended Warranty Insurance5

When you charge eligible purchases to your card, you can enjoy Purchase Security Insurance. Plus, with Extended Warranty Insurance, extend the period of the original manufacturer’s warranty up to one additional year on most purchases charged to your card.
May 17, 2012
575 posts
423 upvotes
Montreal
Was looking at the EGO equivalent after getting great feedback from friends who bought it... but at this price and warranty through Costco, VERY tempting to get this instead.

My only fear is that like other battery powered tools I've bought in the past (WORX lawn mower and blower for instance), if the company disappears or this particular model or battery model (80v/4aH) doesn't exist anymore, you're stuck trying to find batteries from other companies that would "fit".

Anyone knows if Greenworks is a solid company for products like this?
Aug 14, 2019
614 posts
849 upvotes
Enduring wrote: It pulls from all 3 batteries at the same time. It will also run on 1, 2, or 3 batteries and mixed Ah batteries. The US version only ships with 2x 5Ah batteries.

I ran mine for about 45 minutes the other day and all 3 batteries were at around 50% when I went to charge them.

The biggest annoyance with the Canadian version is that it ships with 3 batteries, but only a charger that can charge 2 batteries at a time.
at this point they should've made the snowblower itself a charger as well... plug a cord in and don't even need to remove batteries...
Dec 27, 2008
649 posts
615 upvotes
bennyboy84 wrote: Was looking at the EGO equivalent after getting great feedback from friends who bought it... but at this price and warranty through Costco, VERY tempting to get this instead.

My only fear is that like other battery powered tools I've bought in the past (WORX lawn mower and blower for instance), if the company disappears or this particular model or battery model (80v/4aH) doesn't exist anymore, you're stuck trying to find batteries from other companies that would "fit".

I'm having a similar dilemma right now... I was planning on getting the EGO since it seems to be tested and it works well for the Canadian winter. I don't know that I can trust this Greenworks unit, there isn't as much information and positive reviews about it online. Kind of scared to spend $1600 and not get satisfactory performance.
May 17, 2012
575 posts
423 upvotes
Montreal
djzapz wrote: I'm having a similar dilemma right now... I was planning on getting the EGO since it seems to be tested and it works well for the Canadian winter. I don't know that I can trust this Greenworks unit, there isn't as much information and positive reviews about it online. Kind of scared to spend $1600 and not get satisfactory performance.
Same... I'll give it a shot anyway as I need one asap... Can always return it with Costco's generous return policy, but I'd hate to be that guy that comes with a used snow blower @ the local Costco return counter.
Jul 13, 2022
32 posts
56 upvotes
bennyboy84 wrote: Was looking at the EGO equivalent after getting great feedback from friends who bought it... but at this price and warranty through Costco, VERY tempting to get this instead.

The Greenworks Pro 80V line is generally well regarded. They've been making single stage snowblowers for a while, from their 40V, 60V and 80V line, and also have lawnworks products in all those lines. The 22" 80V single stage is well reviewed.

The 80V line is the newest, and they are still coming out with new products for it. You can also mix and match any 80V Greenworks battery, so if they come out with a 6Ah version for example you can use that as well, and with slight modifications the Kobalt 80V batteries also fit. Kobalt and Greenworks are both made by the same parent company.
Dec 27, 2008
649 posts
615 upvotes
I think I'll order it. I've only returned one small thing to Costco, how would they expect you to return this if it turned out to be disappointing or DOA? Would you need to keep the box and nonsense like that or do you just wheel the thing in?
Jul 13, 2022
32 posts
56 upvotes
djzapz wrote: I think I'll order it. I've only returned one small thing to Costco, how would they expect you to return this if it turned out to be disappointing or DOA? Would you need to keep the box and nonsense like that or do you just wheel the thing in?
For large items ordered online they'll come pick the item up, and trust me, you'll want to if you ever need to return this or get warranty on it. It's about 250lbs and delivered in a custom metal crate on a pallet and would not be easy to get to the store, even after it's assembled.

Last edited by Enduring on Jan 13th, 2023 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1066 posts
1029 upvotes

I have the 80v mower and it's flawless. I can usually mow the front and back with 1 of the 4aH batteries but it came with 2 and a quick charger so it's never out of power. The battery lasts longer than it takes to charge. If it's mowing tall grass or mulching leaves then I have had to swap batteries. Definitely happy with the performance and felt comfortable purchasing this 80v two stage snow thrower. The Costco warranty and extended warranty on batteries really made the decision that much easier. The only thing I'm slightly worried about is I saw the control levers appear to be made out of plastic and in -30 I'm hoping they don't snap off. I guess that's what the 4 year (5 with some credit cards) warranty will be for.
Jan 28, 2017
354 posts
243 upvotes
UnexpectedToken wrote: at this point they should've made the snowblower itself a charger as well... plug a cord in and don't even need to remove batteries...
Well the charging is supposed to be done inside, cause the batteries don't like the cold too much. For a snow blower which will probably be in the garage in the winter, might be too cold to charge (certainly gotta store the batteries inside before using them). Also, the way many people do it: if there's a heavy snowfall and your battery is depleted, put it to charge and keep the snow blower running on another, freshly charged, battery. Rinse, repeat.
Aug 14, 2019
614 posts
849 upvotes
Nam5588 wrote: Well the charging is supposed to be done inside, cause the batteries don't like the cold too much. For a snow blower which will probably be in the garage in the winter, might be too cold to charge (certainly gotta store the batteries inside before using them). Also, the way many people do it: if there's a heavy snowfall and your battery is depleted, put it to charge and keep the snow blower running on another, freshly charged, battery. Rinse, repeat.
yeah not saying ONLY have charger internal to the blower... but as addition to external charger... i charge all my power tool batteries in my garage, same place snowblower would be stored... so it doesn't really have a temperature difference... the blower already have most of the hardware needed for it... adding the capability would mean you can charge 5 batteries at same time with no additional charger you have to buy...
Feb 19, 2017
121 posts
34 upvotes
Don't forget approx $32 cashback when using your Costco card.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6438 posts
232 upvotes
dux wrote: I would pay $300 extra just so I can use it this winter….it has been a nightmare this winter in Ontario… lots of heavy wet snow…
Might as well spend the extra $300 towards a snow plowing service this year..
Mar 8, 2007
728 posts
944 upvotes
I found it interesting that this item is the same price for members as non-members.

or is there a special price for members? (I would have thought someone would report it here if there was)
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2992 posts
1020 upvotes
Ottawa
mart242 wrote: Might as well spend the extra $300 towards a snow plowing service this year..
good luck finding a snow plowing service for $300 lol, here in Ottawa it cost 600-800 for a 2x2 driveway
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1618 posts
987 upvotes
Hamilton
lelovila wrote: For the same price range, I'm deciding between ego, ryobi and greenworks.

I have a ryobi subsystem but none of my batteries work, so having other equipment in the same family is not in the equation for me.

My 6 years old lawnmower is in a very good shape, but I might replacing it to a battery powered dependingon the advantages.
Greenworks is playing big, they just entered the e-bike and other utility vehicle businesses. Expect more tools to use same battery hence a good new ecosystem. I purchased 40V and 80V tools to test this coming summer.
Feb 6, 2020
803 posts
767 upvotes
silenthunder wrote: found it interesting that this item is the same price for members as non-members.
Shopping at Costco.ca requires a Costco membership.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... 2378894/7/

or is there a special price for members? (I would have thought someone would report it here if there was)
It's a better deal when using coupons:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... 497544/97/

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... r-2589269/
Last edited by ArrowFlynn on Jan 13th, 2023 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.