Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Greenworks 80V 24'' Two Stage Snow Thrower - $1,599 (After $400 Savings)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2023 2:03 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 30, 2020
429 posts
363 upvotes
Plus less electrical parts = longer battery for more important things.
UnexpectedToken wrote: whats the difference? i found the rod to be pretty simple... am i missing something??
[OP]
Jan 5, 2023
14 posts
57 upvotes
PapaTroll wrote: Plus less electrical parts = longer battery for more important things.
The drift control is not electrical at least for the 200 degree rotation. I feel, it would be easy to use a joystick or lever on the dashboard to control the chute rather than using the rod. Also, you have to pull the rod to release the lock and rotate it.

For their single stage, 20” have rod to control the chute and for 22”, they have lever on the top right side.

With all said, it is still okay. I’m good with what they have. May be the next gen, they will implement that.
Feb 6, 2020
803 posts
767 upvotes
bennyboy84 wrote: Same... I'll give it a shot anyway as I need one asap... Can always return it with Costco's generous return policy, but I'd hate to be that guy that comes with a used snow blower @ the local Costco return counter.
Costco.ca will pick up returns for free: https://customerservice.costco.ca/app/a ... l/a_id/476.

Costco.ca offers free pick ups for all items: https://customerservice.costco.ca/app/a ... l/a_id/218.

https://customerservice.costco.ca/app/a ... /a_id/6509 (option 2)
Feb 6, 2020
803 posts
767 upvotes
Since I can't find any professional reviews for this model, I was looking for videos of this thrower being used.

Snow isn't high at my location or wet.

Has anyone else tried this thrower in wet snow yet?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5885 posts
2277 upvotes
Kanata
Winkle wrote: Most of the time, the biggest issue is the snow bar at the end of the driveway after the plows come through. Unless the snow removal service you hired waits until the plow in your area goes by, or is willing to come back after the plow goes by you're still probably screwed since the timing of their arrival and the road plows aren't going to be synchronized.
In my area the services always comes after the street plow goes through regardless if they come before or not. I'm not sure why else you'd pay if they're not removing the snow left by the city plow, that's insane.
ArrowFlynn wrote: Since I can't find any professional reviews for this model, I was looking for videos of this thrower being used.

Snow isn't high at my location or wet.

Has anyone else tried this thrower in wet snow yet?
It honestly seems to struggle. This is on sale but a $2k gas blower from Ariens or Toro would have no issues with this. It just depends on location and your age. Toronto weather battery powered would be fine, I'm not sure I'd ever get a battery powered one for Ottawa weather. I don't think this would've gotten through yesterday.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Feb 6, 2020
803 posts
767 upvotes
Tabooger wrote: This is on sale but a $2k gas blower from Ariens or Toro would have no issues with this.
I'm definitely not interested in gas in my neighbourhood.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5885 posts
2277 upvotes
Kanata
ArrowFlynn wrote: I'm definitely not interested in gas in my neighbourhood.
I understand the difference in battery vs gas blowers. What's the reason for not having gas blower in your neighbourhood.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Feb 6, 2020
803 posts
767 upvotes
Tabooger wrote: What's the reason for not having gas blower in your neighbourhood.
I respect seniors in my area with health conditions who dislike noise and gas fumes.
Dec 27, 2008
649 posts
615 upvotes
I don't necessarily agree that it seemed to struggle in the video above, I've seen powerful gas blowers hanging up because of operator error. The fact is we can't see what the user input. I'm hearing a click that seems to coincide with the blower stopping. The auger seems to be running the entire time but I think the user let go of the "drive" lever a couple of times and I don't know why. I'm not hearing any indication that the auger was bogging down at all.

What I'd like to see is a video of this thing in conditions similar to this.

Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3287 posts
3542 upvotes
Do people just smash their way through the windrows like the above video? Obviously I can’t compare to a far stronger show blower, but my 13A corded electric blower, I slowly ease into it. Back off and come at it from a different angle. I know my unit is underpowered, so I don’t force it. But slow and steady I get through it.
Dec 27, 2008
649 posts
615 upvotes
eelw11 wrote: Do people just smash their way through the windrows like the above video? Obviously I can’t compare to a far stronger show blower, but my 13A corded electric blower, I slowly ease into it. Back off and come at it from a different angle. I know my unit is underpowered, so I don’t force it. But slow and steady I get through it.
Maybe I should be more gentle but I also currently use a 13.5A corded blower from CT and I actually just ram it in there using my body for leverage. Might not be great for the belt.
Feb 21, 2022
127 posts
162 upvotes
OnDeals wrote: Has anyone found it annoying that Greenworks dual stage do not have easy control for chute. I mean they still use the rod to control the chute. Whereas the ego dual stage has easy lever. Even the greenworks 22" single stage has easy lever.
You are right, this 2 stage is a very old version which never updates because it’s just not as popular CS the small blowers. My past experience with greenworks is they are famous of ZERO service. They REFUSED to accept my return and came up with the excuse that battery is not safe for shipping. WTF, they just shipped it to me and now it’s not safe for me to ship it back? Last time I see, hundreds of complaints on BBB. Buy with caution. Probably will last less than the warranty period.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2452 posts
1484 upvotes
ArrowFlynn wrote: I respect seniors in my area with health conditions who dislike noise and gas fumes.
Do you live right on top of them, are they hanging out outside while you snow blow? of course not, they are in their house. No where near the fumes. That electric blower makes a lot of electric noise, plus the mechanical action of snowblowing itself is noisy. Seems like you are reaching here.
Mar 7, 2011
417 posts
370 upvotes
Ottawa
New review on the website.

"Batteries don’t last long, motor struggling in snow as soon as you hit 8 inches."

Having a little buyers remorse given all the comments. Hasn't shipped yet. Might go the refund route...
Jul 13, 2022
32 posts
56 upvotes
Smokey6 wrote: New review on the website.

"Batteries don’t last long, motor struggling in snow as soon as you hit 8 inches."

Having a little buyers remorse given all the comments. Hasn't shipped yet. Might go the refund route...
Not sure what the conditions that user used it in, but there's not a very informative review.

I went through multiple snow banks that were built up over the winter that were higher than the snowblower and it had no issues.

Had a 2 foot snowbank I had built up and that had partially melted and iced over half way through and this unit had no issues driving straight through it.

The batteries lasted quite a long time for me. I used it for 45 minutes and still had over 50% battery left. Plenty of time to clear my driveway, 100ft path to my back alley, side of the house, and multiple snow banks that were built up on the street.

The reviewer probably had the auger speed cranked up to max when not needed.
Feb 6, 2020
803 posts
767 upvotes
Psyclist wrote: Do you live right on top of them, are they hanging out outside while you snow blow? of course not, they are in their house. No where near the fumes.
Your clairvoyance and insight with respect to my neighbours, their habits, their environment, and my surroundings are truly profound.

It's almost as though you can see me. What am I wearing?
That electric blower makes a lot of electric noise
Not compared to gas

The top-rated dual stage gas snow throwers at Consumer Reports have a 2/5 (lower is louder) rating for noise, compared to 3/5 for dual stage battery snow throwers. dBA readings aren't subjective.
Last edited by ArrowFlynn on Jan 15th, 2023 2:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Feb 6, 2020
803 posts
767 upvotes
Enduring wrote: The batteries lasted quite a long time for me. I used it for 45 minutes and still had over 50% battery left. Plenty of time to clear my driveway, 100ft path to my back alley, side of the house, and multiple snow banks that were built up on the street.

The reviewer probably had the auger speed cranked up to max when not needed.
- Or batteries weren't charged fully
The batteries don't arrive fully charged.

- or batteries arrived defective

I ran the snow thrower for approximately (more than) 20 minutes, which was enough time to clear my driveway. Battery bars indicated 75% battery level remained. I'm skeptical of the comment left by the customer.

I don't have deep snow or wet snow here yet, so I don't know whether this thrower struggles in deep snow. However, as soon as battery duration was mentioned, the review became dubious to me. I doubt the user is comparing against other dual stage battery snow throwers.

Several videos show Greenworks 80V single stage, smaller throwers clearing well over 8 inches of snow.

Those are all single stage. Yet, I'm supposed to believe a negative customer review claiming the 80V dual stage thrower is worse.
Dec 27, 2008
649 posts
615 upvotes
Why bother cancelling anyway, if Costco's return policy is as good as people say it is, it's really not that much of a hassle to give it a shot. I'll try mine and if I'm disappointed with the performance, I'll return it and wait for a sale on the EGO.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
3287 posts
3542 upvotes
Yikes that last video with the Chinese guy, totally manhandling the unit. No wonder people say it “lacks” power when they use it wrong. Don’t shove it into the snow pile. Instead of taking the full height or width, do it in two passes. And why start from side he intends on blowing to > _ <

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)