Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Greenworks Pro 21 in. 80V 3-in-1 Push Mower and 16 in. 80V String Grass Trimmer Combo $599.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2019 9:15 am
[OP]
Dec 10, 2009
587 posts
1588 upvotes
Van Isle

[Costco] Greenworks Pro 21 in. 80V 3-in-1 Push Mower and 16 in. 80V String Grass Trimmer Combo $599.99

Was waiting for this package to go on sale. This Lawnmower is well reviewed and should easily do the job for people who have 1/4 acre and under lots to maintain. Includes 2 batteries and the weedwacker. Normally this unit sells for $599 by itself and same with the Kobalt 80v
Last edited by katwittfan on May 14th, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inappropriate signature
41 replies
Dec 26, 2016
128 posts
31 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Is 2Ah enough for 80V mower?
I have heard good things about greenworks brand, although I'm curious about battery replacement.
Also, is it important if this is a self-propelled or not?
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2199 posts
1870 upvotes
Calgary
GSXXRR wrote:
May 13th, 2019 11:12 am
are batteries replacement easily accessible 3-4years down the road?
The Kobalt 80 Volt series at Lowes is the twin set to the Greenworks, and from the looks of the pictures, the batteries look identical to me. Even the lawnmower looks almost the same other than a few different trim pieces and color scheme.

https://www.lowes.ca/outdoor-equipment- ... lt-80-volt
Sunshower wrote:
May 13th, 2019 12:03 pm
Is 2Ah enough for 80V mower?
I have heard good things about greenworks brand, although I'm curious about battery replacement.
I get about 30 minutes of run time per battery on my Kobalt 80V. Run time will vary depending on how thick the grass is. The motor will rev up to deal with thicker grass so less battery life if it needs to be in the higher RPM. I say the mower is perfect for a typical small to medium city lot. The one thing I absolutely love is not smelling like a gas station after mowing the lawn.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
2988 posts
1817 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
Sunshower wrote:
May 13th, 2019 12:03 pm
Does not appear to be Disappointed Face
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Jun 18, 2016
10 posts
8 upvotes
I bought this deal last year and would do it again. I have a large pie shaped city lot and I can do 90% of my yard on 1 battery. I wouldn’t want a self propelled, this mower is light and easy to push.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1441 posts
116 upvotes
Anyone with experience know how this would compare to the 56 V EGO?
Jan 22, 2019
108 posts
69 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote:
May 13th, 2019 5:24 pm
Anyone with experience know how this would compare to the 56 V EGO?
EGO is much better. Also has stellar warranty that's unbeatable.
Feb 2, 2007
68 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
I wouldn’t say the EGO is any better. It’s mostly plastic and breaks easily. As for the one the OP posted, I returned it and got the self-propelled 5Ah version instead (same price but no trimmer and only 1 battery). 2Ah one worked fine if the grass was very dry but the 5Ah one cuts it wet.
Had the EGO before and it’s too $$ for the model with the steel deck. Between this one and the EGO I’d just go with whichever has the better price.

However keep in mind - since this one is from Costco, you can return it later on if any issues. The EGO I had to deal with the manufacturer after purchase. HD wouldn’t do squat to help.
Mar 9, 2014
29 posts
6 upvotes
ottawa
Bought this set last year when it was on sale, at the same price. They were great based on one-year use, haven't tried them out yet this year. Batteries hold, and charge fast.
Mar 15, 2019
23 posts
34 upvotes
Robb31 wrote:
May 13th, 2019 8:21 pm
I wouldn’t say the EGO is any better. It’s mostly plastic and breaks easily. As for the one the OP posted, I returned it and got the self-propelled 5Ah version instead (same price but no trimmer and only 1 battery). 2Ah one worked fine if the grass was very dry but the 5Ah one cuts it wet.
Had the EGO before and it’s too $$ for the model with the steel deck. Between this one and the EGO I’d just go with whichever has the better price.

However keep in mind - since this one is from Costco, you can return it later on if any issues. The EGO I had to deal with the manufacturer after purchase. HD wouldn’t do squat to help.
whats the return policy on lawn mowers? is the duration the same as electronics?

Also, how long does the 5 amp battery last?
Jan 31, 2011
711 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
Robb31 wrote:
May 13th, 2019 8:21 pm
My experience with EGO support has been stellar. Just one call with CS and they send you replacement parts from US arrived in Toronto within 5 business days no brokerage or taxes.
If you want your money back probably Costco is the way to go, but if you just want it fixed EGO warranty is among the best.
Dec 12, 2012
297 posts
527 upvotes
What is life expectancy on batteries (on average)?

Really contiplating this as my Honda mower is misfiring and I don't want to continue dealing with gas powered engines.
Jan 31, 2011
711 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
Alkoholik wrote:
May 14th, 2019 12:27 am
What is life expectancy on batteries (on average)?

Really contiplating this as my Honda mower is misfiring and I don't want to continue dealing with gas powered engines.
EGO and Kobalt battery has 3 years warranty. Oddly Greenworks and Kobalt are from the same OEM but Greenworks battery warranty is only 2 years.
After 5 years most Li-Ion battery will be down to 80% of its original capacity. What makes EGO stands out is its intelligent battery management which will automatically discharge itself to 30% when it has been sitting on the shelf for 30 days. The individual cells within are also wrapped in phase change material to help dissipating heat. Most OEM batteries are shaped as a block of rectangular cuboid but EGO battery is arranged in a fan out shape to maximize the cooling surface.