Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Greenworks Pro 21 in. 80V 3-in-1 Push Mower and 16 in. 80V String Grass Trimmer Combo $599.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2019 9:15 am
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
31814 posts
5882 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
katwittfan wrote: If I am buying a batt powered lawn mower for $1331 it better come with "benefits" ...that's brutal. The Greenworks 60v at $599 with weed whacker is a much better option and the security blanket of Costco returns.
A gas mower will beat an electric one any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I switched to electric to be environmentally friendly. What I paid for the Kobalt, I could have purchased two decent gas mowers. $1331 is just stupid.

The Greenworks for $599 is an amazing deal and if you want to go electric, you can’t beat this bundle.
Sep 26, 2010
780 posts
112 upvotes
thunderbolt wrote: Bought my first EGO tools when I got my collection last fall at HD floor model clearance (self propelled 7.5Ah mower kit, 480CFM leaf blower kit, 12" string trimmer kit) all for $600+tax. Amazing deal as the mower was like new and I got 3 set of charger and batteries. The nicest thing is that I called the customer support in US for free replacement parts delivered in 5 days. As far as the tool goes they are also a big improvement over my existing counterpart. Owned the Kobalt string trimmer and never liked it due to the awkward balance and hard-to-squeeze power switch handle. The power from my 480CFM blower is awesome and the 7.5Ah self propelled mower completed my small lawn two to three times in one charge. Later on I bought a bare tool EGO snowblower to be used with the 7.5Ah & 2.5Ah batteries and the performance just blew my mind for such a small single stage blower.

I now got addicted to collect EGO tool whenever I saw them on clearance. It's important to note that EGO kept developing on the 56V battery platform and releasing more powerful battery every few years (10Ah battery released just few months ago, 560Wh battery is insane for residential market). While most competitors develop new power tool on a new battery platform (higher voltage battery with less amperage) making old tool obsolete, EGO tools from years ago can still be used with the 56V battery today. Finger crossed, I think my investment in the EGO system should be safe for the next few years.

As for the used market, EGO tools are actively traded on Kijiji. I know there are few active sellers who sells EGO tools at a competitive price as they also source from HD clearance. When I was selling my EGO ego, I also got much more inquires than with other branded tools.
Wow thank you for the detail! Sold me on it.

The mower was particularly impressive with respect to battery life and mobility. Having come from two recent gas models and a corded electric, the EGO not only cut where the gas mower struggled, it also had still had near 100% battery life after 20 minutes of mowing. Incredible!

Will keep it up for another month before investing more in the ecosystem. The battery is truly impressive.
Jan 31, 2011
804 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
jenni1234 wrote: How is this one compared to worx 16-in one https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/worx ... ml#Reviews? I have a rather small yard.

Not a fan of WORX as I heard the replacement parts took weeks to come from Suzhou headquarter in China, but if you're set on WORX mower you can check out this ebay deal posted in this forum few months ago. And if you got lucky there maybe other ebay promotion coming for extra discount.
Jan 31, 2011
804 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote: A gas mower will beat an electric one any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I switched to electric to be environmentally friendly. What I paid for the Kobalt, I could have purchased two decent gas mowers. $1331 is just stupid.

The Greenworks for $599 is an amazing deal and if you want to go electric, you can’t beat this bundle.
The steel deck model is just released earlier this year and I agree too the price can't be serious even for a new model. In US it sells for $750 and I don't know how it is lost in the exchange rate. My guess is they are trying to phase out the current plastic deck models or just waiting to ramp up the supply on the new model. If anyone is willing to spend that $1331 now my advice is to get the new plastick deck model (LM2142SP) with 2 x 5Ah batteries. Peak Power technology in the mower utilize two batteries at the same time giving you insane torque and you can later on leverage the two 5Ah batteries for a future bare tool snow blower.
May 23, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
what happened?? looks like these greenworks mowers totally vanished from Costco.ca???? was about to pull the trigger...did they simply sell out?
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2007 posts
967 upvotes
Toronto
backtothemoon wrote: what happened?? looks like these greenworks mowers totally vanished from Costco.ca???? was about to pull the trigger...did they simply sell out?
prob not sold out cus i saw their price back to $699 since sales was ended.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2007 posts
967 upvotes
Toronto
$699 for sp model however it doesn't come with the trimmer combo and I think only 1 larger battery (in terms of capacity)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5128 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
The 40V 20" is on sale for $499 at Canadian Tire from June 7-13. (just the mower)

Rona is showing 40V 21" for $598 or 40V 17" for $339. (just the mower)
Mar 31, 2018
7 posts
20 upvotes
Thanks OP and Robb31, I bought the 80v self-propelled Greenworks mower before it went OOS, and got the 2nd 5ah battery once back in stock (Note : It became OOS again almost immediately). Love the mower, night and day difference from my previous one WRT power, bogging down etc. and the price was right.