Hot Deals

[Costco] GTA - Beef brisket $8.99/kg AAA

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 31st, 2020 3:44 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 17, 2004
754 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] GTA - Beef brisket $8.99/kg AAA

For the GTA folks, I was at Costco at Elgin Mills and 404 earlier today, they had whole beef brisket for $8.99kg, AAA. That's a really good price and haven't seen it this low for a while.
Images
  • 20200712_171215.jpg
  • 20200712_171241.jpg
66 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
6339 posts
5567 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Fuuuu start the car

Edit: they're closed. as per tradition, we shall all book a 10AM meeting in our work calendars tomorrow
Last edited by aeba7 on Jul 12th, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Member
Feb 5, 2016
210 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Approximately how many lbs or percentage of a whole is the point? Wondering if it’s worth it to buy this than a few lbs of just the point at 17$/kg at a butcher. I only want the point.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2964 posts
2614 upvotes
whatisbwana wrote: Approximately how many lbs or percentage of a whole is the point? Wondering if it’s worth it to buy this than a few lbs of just the point at 17$/kg at a butcher. I only want the point.
yours is probably the better way
Newbie
Oct 27, 2019
46 posts
152 upvotes
overboost wrote: For the GTA folks, I was at Costco at Elgin Mills and 404 earlier today, they had whole beef brisket for $8.99kg, AAA. That's a really good price and haven't seen it this low for a while.

What is the Federal Stamp number on the brisket? Its just cut out in the second pic. Want to see where the meat is from
Newbie
Dec 11, 2006
17 posts
10 upvotes
confirmed out west (cgy-east)
picked one up yesterday for $50
Member
Mar 18, 2015
217 posts
160 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Bought one in Markham.
Member
Feb 29, 2016
354 posts
173 upvotes
Ottawa
whatisbwana wrote: Approximately how many lbs or percentage of a whole is the point? Wondering if it’s worth it to buy this than a few lbs of just the point at 17$/kg at a butcher. I only want the point.
Being a newbie to brisket, is there a good resource out there to better explain the different parts, how to shop for it and how best to trim etc?
Member
Feb 5, 2016
210 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RetiredRFDer wrote: Being a newbie to brisket, is there a good resource out there to better explain the different parts, how to shop for it and how best to trim etc?
As far as I know there’s two parts. Flat which is lean and the point which is fatty. Point is worlds better than flat imo
Jr. Member
Jun 7, 2009
174 posts
36 upvotes
RetiredRFDer wrote: Being a newbie to brisket, is there a good resource out there to better explain the different parts, how to shop for it and how best to trim etc?
amazingribs.com. Meathead is the go-to for most who want to learn how to smoke a Texas-style brisket. Very analytical and lots of explanation. Also has a very interesting article that convinced me to stop resting steaks after cooking.

Top