• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2018 11:08 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10687 posts
5242 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Haier 49UG2500 49" 4K HDTV New Model $375 W/FS + $30 for 5 Year Warranty

Costco and Walmart have the new model of 49" 4K Haier online only so far. Still an unknown quantity as yet, but they have thinned it and seem to be talking about improved sound setup. Costco has it for $399 shipped, $375 if you use Master pass to purchase.
Two year warranty, and 3 more years for $30
If you need this size now and are feeling lucky, your 90 day return period will cover Black Friday, and Boxing Day, so if they roll them out in store, and have a great holiday deal you can use price protection or do a rebuy/return if they restrict PP on BF&BD.
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/haier-49-th ... 0197626155
Images
  • 6000197631606.jpg
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Oct 26th, 2017 10:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Thread Summary
yiyayo wrote: so 4:4:4 4K@60Hz ? I'm in for one if that's true. :-D
For those in the know, "4:4:4 4K@60Hz" means that the tv can be used as a 4k monitor without significant lag. Can someone answer this question accurately please...
126 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14207 posts
5820 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My parents want to upgrade their 10 year+ TV... this might be a good choice... However, they only have a 1080p Rogers box... so would 1080p quality look good on a 4K set?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10687 posts
5242 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: My parents want to upgrade their 10 year+ TV... this might be a good choice... However, they only have a 1080p Rogers box... so would 1080p quality look good on a 4K set?
Sure. The resolutions scale the same, so it should look great.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1841 posts
1413 upvotes
Use Masterpass and add the warranty. Extended warranty is essentially free.
Jun 26, 2009
259 posts
14 upvotes
so 4:4:4 4K@60Hz ? I'm in for one if that's true. :-D
Feb 5, 2017
393 posts
415 upvotes
Vancouver
rvs007 wrote: My parents want to upgrade their 10 year+ TV... this might be a good choice... However, they only have a 1080p Rogers box... so would 1080p quality look good on a 4K set?
For channels broadcasted in 1080p, really shouldnt be an issue.

Those that are broadcasted in 720p or just regular SD would really depend on the upscaler. In this case, I doubt it would be considered "good".
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1784 posts
253 upvotes
Get an apple 4k tv box then they would be viewing the feeds that are pumped out in 4k from your cable provider. If there are any in your region.Winking Face
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14207 posts
5820 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TheRock2012 wrote: Get an apple 4k tv box then they would be viewing the feeds that are pumped out in 4k from your cable provider. If there are any in your region.Winking Face
They have Rogers so there isn't a IPTV solution yet like Bell has for FibeTV. Hopefully when Rogers rolls out next year, there will be an app to watch Rogers IPTV on the ATV4K.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10687 posts
5242 upvotes
Toronto
Yazzy88 wrote: For channels broadcasted in 1080p, really shouldnt be an issue.

Those that are broadcasted in 720p or just regular SD would really depend on the upscaler. In this case, I doubt it would be considered "good".
You would at least have two options for the lower resolutions. Let the TV do the upscaling and see how it does, or set the cable/other box to upscale everything to 1080p.

Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
1784 posts
253 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: They have Rogers so there isn't a IPTV solution yet like Bell has for FibeTV. Hopefully when Rogers rolls out next year, there will be an app to watch Rogers IPTV on the ATV4K.
There is something I just ran into while searching for something else not related called the Moonbox.Neutral Face
They say they have a Pro version they released for 4K.
So you can atleast watch your recorded content(or whatever this new box does.. netflix perhaps-haven't checked the thread yet am currently busy looking for what it was I was searching for prior. ;) ) you have on their in 4K while you wait for the providers to get up to speed.Winking Face
Mar 9, 2013
87 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
I want to use this TV to display a slide for about 10 hours without the TV timing out. Does anyone know if the Haier TV is setup to do that or it does the power savings stuff as well? I tried this with an LG and it didn't work.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1500 upvotes
Montreal
jakemtl wrote: Use Masterpass and add the warranty. Extended warranty is essentially free.
how so?

Any 40-43 inch 4ks? looking to use this as a monitor, but 49" is a tad too big last time I tried it.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5220 posts
1129 upvotes
Montreal
neverhaveiever wrote: how so?

Any 40-43 inch 4ks? looking to use this as a monitor, but 49" is a tad too big last time I tried it.
Adding extra warranty on top of the standard 2 year one is $29 but using Masterpass on Costco.ca now will give you $25 off.

I went from 40' Samsung to the prev gen 55' Hair and never looked back. Unless you don't have enough space, the experience will be more immersive.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10687 posts
5242 upvotes
Toronto
Premium wrote: Is this available in store?
It doesn't appear so, but you never know, it could be out in a couple of stores that have decided to stock it. You could try calling/visiting and see if they can tell you if any local stores are stocking it yet.

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10687 posts
5242 upvotes
Toronto
nibbler1 wrote: No, crappy companies use the RCA name to sell their crappy TVs. RCA is nothing like they used to be. Stay away.
I agree buying by name recognition, without research, these days, is a dangerous game.
The reverse is also true too, though. I can't say about this model, but in the last generation of these 4Ks, the Haier, Proscan and RCA models were all made by the same manufacturer and were almost identical.
Minor differences and different warranties were the only variations, I believe. That 49" RCA is likely nearly identical to the last generation Haier 49" 4K.

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10687 posts
5242 upvotes
Toronto
neverhaveiever wrote: how so?

Costco has the 43" RCA 4K for $334 shipped after the MP discount, or you could see what RCSS has for the next No Tax day.

Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1500 upvotes
Montreal
idiotcanuck wrote: Costco has the 43" RCA 4K for $334 shipped after the MP discount, or you could see what RCSS has for the next No Tax day.
ive been waiting for SuperStore tax free, but last one they had they had no 4k's at all. no haiers at all.