Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets 5-pack dolls - $29.97 in store YMMV ($69.99 online)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2022 4:31 pm
18 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
15177 posts
12559 upvotes
GTA, ON
I'm a HP fan, as is my wife and son, but nope, will not buy this.

I guess you'd have to be hardcore to want this. I consider this dust collecting clutter. Thx anyways.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
3074 posts
1201 upvotes
Toronto
I guess nobody wands this.
RFD OG 20+ years
Penalty Box
Jan 4, 2011
5649 posts
3415 upvotes
West Vancouver
What's the intended market for this ....
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2011
1628 posts
1604 upvotes
Pallet Town
Seems like something that was lost in a warehouse since 2002, was found, then waited until the faintest hope of selling them again (return to hogwarts reunion) to finally put them out
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1731 posts
2338 upvotes
VANCOUVER
chimaican wrote: I'm a HP fan, as is my wife and son, but nope, will not buy this.

I guess you'd have to be hardcore to want this. I consider this dust collecting clutter. Thx anyways.
Uhhmmm... Why on earth would you think these were for grown adults??? You and your wife are clearly not the target audience lol!

These are barbie doll like toys for children. Believe it not, Harry Potter is actually a children's novel so it won't be to far fetched to think that kids would want some action figures to play with.
Apr 23, 2020
106 posts
56 upvotes
chimaican wrote: I'm a HP fan, as is my wife and son, but nope, will not buy this.

I know I go against the crowd here as I like collectible posable action figures/statues and such which some may consider dust and clutter but even as an HP fan wouldn't touch these. Seem more like Barbie Dolls.. strange market
Oct 7, 2017
919 posts
1542 upvotes
logitvx wrote: I know I go against the crowd here as I like collectible posable action figures/statues and such which some may consider dust and clutter but even as an HP fan wouldn't touch these. Seem more like Barbie Dolls.. strange market
That's what they are... the Harry Potter series is a children's series first and foremost. I really enjoy the movies but just remember who the intended audience is. This is for little boys or girls who like Barbies and like Harry Potter. These aren't Funkos or some kind of collectibles to display. They're just straight up toys.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
15177 posts
12559 upvotes
GTA, ON
goozy1 wrote: These are barbie doll like toys for children. Believe it not, Harry Potter is actually a children's novel so it won't be to far fetched to think that kids would want some action figures to play with.
Still seems odd.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Jan 25, 2020
153 posts
853 upvotes
This is a children's item probably targeted to little girls and you have grown men on here going ''Eww this is weird''.

Well yea, duh!!!
Nov 24, 2018
753 posts
949 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
Harry potter is for teenager, but teenager rarely plays barbies. Oups, sorry HP doll...

Wrong audience.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Sep 9, 2021
47 posts
49 upvotes
Coz4k wrote: What's the intended market for this ....
Grown ass women. I don’t know any Harry Potter fans under 18, it’s all women in their 30s.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1731 posts
2338 upvotes
VANCOUVER
bussy123 wrote: Grown ass women. I don’t know any Harry Potter fans under 18, it’s all women in their 30s.
That's because Harry Potter came out in 1997 and those grown women were 5 years old when they first read them lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1731 posts
2338 upvotes
VANCOUVER
BertL67369 wrote: Harry potter is for teenager, but teenager rarely plays barbies. Oups, sorry HP doll...

Wrong audience.

I guess it depends on the parents and how conservative they are or how mature the kids are but generally the books are recommended for kids around 7-9 years old. https://amp.commonsense.org/blog/4ef2a3 ... 1a50ed4605

I started reading them (out loud) to my kids when they were around 6. The large format picture books are really good too. My daughter just reread them herself at 9. She definitely is the target audience for these and I'll probably grab them for her. She got a bunch of Harry Potter mini figures for xmas so this is right up her alley
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1731 posts
2338 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Just got back from Brighton Ave Costco in Burnaby. These were in stock but still at the regular price of $60. OP what store did you see these on clearance?
Aug 18, 2019
112 posts
142 upvotes
Upvoted only because I am big fan of HP series.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
3074 posts
1201 upvotes
Toronto
goozy1 wrote:

I started reading them (out loud) to my kids when they were around 6. The large format picture books are really good too. My daughter just reread them herself at 9. She definitely is the target audience for these and I'll probably grab them for her. She got a bunch of Harry Potter mini figures for xmas so this is right up her Diagon alley
Fixed it for you
RFD OG 20+ years
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4798 posts
38024 upvotes
goozy1 wrote: Just got back from Brighton Ave Costco in Burnaby. These were in stock but still at the regular price of $60. OP what store did you see these on clearance?
Waterloo, Ontario. I believe all stores in Ontario are marked down to $29.97.
Sep 17, 2018
9 posts
39 upvotes
I really don’t get all the downvotes. It’s more than half off (compared to the online price). Just like any other purchase if it’s something that interests you it’s a deal, if not then move along.

What’s going on with RFD these days? So many posts about actual sale items get downvoted like crazy, meanwhile people are clamouring over the spam posts about regular priced Nintendo items.