Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Head Winter/Snow Gloves - Great Price Clearance 15.97 online and at Etobicoke location

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2019 11:18 am
Jan 26, 2009
295 posts
88 upvotes
Niagara Region
Was just using these while clearing the snow, felt like my fingers were going to fall off after 20 mins outside.

Could not handle it, had to run in and grab the wife's cheetah print mittens lol
Jun 20, 2010
944 posts
582 upvotes
I went riding on these on 2° weather and weren't that bad. Hands weren't toasty warm but sufficient. Without leather, I do not expect protection from windchill. But I'm realistic since I will not get goretex, pertex, or primaloft performance on a $15-20 pair.
Jun 21, 2003
245 posts
101 upvotes
raceway wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 2:54 pm
Was just using these while clearing the snow, felt like my fingers were going to fall off after 20 mins outside.

Could not handle it, had to run in and grab the wife's cheetah print mittens lol
The same happened to me on Saturday. I had to run in to warm up my hands and then resume shoveling.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2170 posts
219 upvotes
Maybe I am very hot blooded but I bought a pair of these and use them weekly when I go to Blue snowboarding for 4-5 hours straight and hands are not cold at all. I even used these on a Tremblant trip at -45 and no issues. I might pick up another pair if my local costco is clearing them out.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3321 posts
1114 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Just purchased these today (didn't even see this thread until now). Nice fit and comfortable. Was out shovelling for half an hour and hands were fine (-15°?). Just a thought... perhaps the degree (pun intended Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye) of comfort varies with the proper fit of the gloves? I had to drop down a size from my usual as it felt a bit loose.
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2003
1695 posts
1094 upvotes
TheRonald wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 1:24 pm
Have owned for years.Do not recommend for extreme cold.
After 20 min clearing driveway fingertips start freezing.
Look good though.
Maybe you have an old/different model? Misleading...
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3281 posts
1029 upvotes
Quebec
SCRawl wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 1:23 pm
Have their products changed radically in the past few years? I have a pair of their gloves from a few years ago, and I just spent about 20 minutes outside shovelling snow. The temperature was -11 C, and my hands weren't cold at all.
according to all the different report in this thread, i believe it depend on the person. me, my feets and fingers gets cold very very fast. so, i need extreme cold weather boots and gloves.
Aug 29, 2013
690 posts
326 upvotes
Waterloo
I have a pair of these but have not had the chance to try them out this winter yet... I can however vouch for the awesomeness of the roots mitts that are sold at Costco! Never had cold hands in those babies! I am one for having very cold hands and feet in the winter as well!
Oct 8, 2008
334 posts
72 upvotes
dpw198 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 2:36 pm
What is the time limit or policy on price adjustments?
Not sure what it is. I asked before and was told two weeks. Looks like it may be store to store or YMMV. Maybe OP or another member might have more info too.
Apr 12, 2005
871 posts
113 upvotes
IMO. These are fine as long as you are doing some light activity in coldish but not VERY cold weather.

If you are shovelling snow or snowboarding and you arent working up too much of a sweat you are OK.

Once they get wet they dont have a ton of insulating warmth an you are gonna get cold.

If you are prone to cold extremities, you are going to want something better.

for $15 great to have in the trunk or just kicking around as a spare
Nov 30, 2018
28 posts
8 upvotes
Rogues2017 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 12:15 pm
Tried them but even at 0 C , my finger tips went numb while driving the car.
In your car?? Do you have Raynauds? Is your heater broken??
Oct 15, 2013
50 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Wore these today -17°C feels like -28°C and they kept my hands warm for about 30 min before I started to feel my hands begin getting cold. I think they’re pretty warm gloves. I kept the gloves on while riding the TTC and my hands actually started to sweat so had to take them off.
Sep 10, 2017
598 posts
189 upvotes
Spieler wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 6:57 pm
In your car?? Do you have Raynauds? Is your heater broken??
Hehe. Good one. :-). But the point is that even if it can’t hold the warmth in and enclosed environment then it’s not the right thing for me. Sometimes I feel like getting a pair of thin and thick gloves from dollarama and wear them together. I think they might actually give me the same feel as this one from costco. They cost about 8 bucks I think they are worth it for something that works for 0 to -10 C.