Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Heartbeat Hot Sauce Super Variety pack, 8 x 177 mL $53.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2023 11:35 pm
Nov 25, 2016
602 posts
425 upvotes
Burnaby
dethrock wrote: In SK a few grocery stores carry them and they're $11.99, $16 is definitely ridiculous.
Yeah, for $16 I want the stars. As in see them XD
Nov 17, 2013
358 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto, ON
good post, but sadly 90% of that would go bad before i used it
May 18, 2010
164 posts
119 upvotes
Port Elgin, Ontario
That is a great deal. Sauces are mostly good. I like the blueberry habanero.
Apr 30, 2020
472 posts
526 upvotes
Vancouver
i have the dill one and i wasnt really a fan of it.
it tastes good on its own but i had trouble trying to pair it with anything.

that being said even if you don't like one or two of these it's still a good deal since it's so much cheaper than buying individual.
Sep 30, 2019
213 posts
261 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: For those that say it's not very hot, what would you say the heat level is like? Is it comparable to Frank's in terms of heat or stronger? I don't find Frank's to be hot, but I do enjoy it as a basic hot sauce.

I recently got some of these "Ass Blaster" branded gourmet habanero hot sauces that claim "1,000,000 scoville", but that's 100% a lie. My tolerance is not like crazy high or anything, but you don't even need a drink with those sauces. I've had Great Value branded hot sauces from Walmart that were spicier.

Anyway, I already bought it, so I will find out soon enough. I am looking forward to all of them, but especially the dill pickle one!
i found that the ass-blaster sauces are pretty basic and did not have a lot of flavour variation--it was pretty clear to me that they just wanted to pump out a lot of bottles with fewer ingredients (which increase the overall cost per bottle). the heartbeat sauces are not 'basic' sauces--there's obvious blending of ingredients and flavours to improve the taste of what you're eating, not just add heat.
Colin0317 wrote: What’s the expiry date like on hot sauces?
most vinegar-based sauces have 1-2 year expiries, and are still good for some time after that. i've got bottles that are in my fridge that are still good after four years. the biggest issue is separation, which a quick shake of the bottle will resolve.
KanataKG wrote: This is some of the cheapest 'craft' hot sauce you can buy. Most of the stuff out there is around 2x the price
100%. . .i've paid as much as $30 for some sauces, and there are even more expensive ones than that. . .but you usually get superhots (reaper, 7-pot, etc.) for that extra money, and the best ingredients. . .honey or maple syrup instead of simple syrup, expensive fruits like mango, passion fruit, papaya instead of apple/banana/orange, etc.
Last edited by afong636807717107645200 on Dec 8th, 2022 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 29, 2009
816 posts
1427 upvotes
Kitchener
resare wrote: i have the dill one and i wasnt really a fan of it.
it tastes good on its own but i had trouble trying to pair it with anything.

that being said even if you don't like one or two of these it's still a good deal since it's so much cheaper than buying individual.
Oh man, it’s so good on fried fish. I had it on some panko breaded cod with a bit of aioli on a potato roll. If you have the bottle still I highly recommend it!
Aug 17, 2021
147 posts
213 upvotes
These are one of my fav hot sauce lines. Everything they do is great. Love that they are a Canadian company. Spice level might be on the lower end, but definitely makes up for it in flavor.

The Darksideofthegrill sauce is on of my fav sauces ever. Such a unique flavor.
Mar 7, 2011
704 posts
938 upvotes
Chilliwack, BC
Pouting Face
Thanks a lot OP.
Was not planning on spending $50 on sauces today but after reading the reviews in this thread I had to
Nov 16, 2011
55 posts
64 upvotes
Thanks OP, was actually in need of hot sauce. Taxes free on top of it. Ordered one.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1230 posts
659 upvotes
Vancouver
fruitpunch.ben wrote: Pouting Face
Thanks a lot OP.
Was not planning on spending $50 on sauces today but after reading the reviews in this thread I had to
Me too... RFD strikes the wallet again. Sounds like it suits my palate perfectly, low heat with lots of flavour.

Also picked up another for xmas gifts. Hope it arrives in time.
May 15, 2009
199 posts
110 upvotes
I wasn't a fan of these sauces due to the lack of heat.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Do yourself a favor and use El Yutateco, which is only about $3.50 a bottle at various grocery stores. Great heat and great flavor without all the "artisan" BS.

Sep 12, 2005
204 posts
72 upvotes
No tax, in for one

First Time Poster, Long Time Lurker
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
8346 posts
1087 upvotes
Edmonton
Trigger wrote:
Heartbeat is solid. I have a preference for Dawson's line (spicier imo, particularly on the top end of their ratings), but those two are the ones I consistently have a few bottles of at home, in addition to the sauces I make myself.
Which flavors do you recommend from the Dawson Line? Local store has them for $13.99 a bottle
Nov 14, 2013
184 posts
377 upvotes
Winnipeg
These are tasty tasty hot sauces.

Not the spiciest, but the tastiest.

Superstore carries the pineapple habanero if you want to try a bottle of just that.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5116 posts
984 upvotes
T.
Maritime Madness is my go to. How these comp?
Nov 19, 2016
905 posts
621 upvotes
mhyquel wrote: These are tasty tasty hot sauces.

Not the spiciest, but the tastiest.

Superstore carries the pineapple habanero if you want to try a bottle of just that.
Thanks for mentioning that . I will totally try it from SS first

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)