• Dec 6th, 2019 11:40 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9706 posts
63967 upvotes
Ontario

[Costco] Heated Vest ($180)

This one seems like a good deal. Includes battery.
I purchased 1 on amazon and it requires a power bank to operate. It was around $90 too.
9 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14822 posts
4303 upvotes
Perfect for those mild Vancouver winters...
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Jun 13, 2004
253 posts
98 upvotes
I bought a heated vest and gloves for motorcycle riding. Been wearing the heated vest just walking around and damn it is nice. Did’nt by the Costco one though. I’m considering getting the Costco one as it heats front and back, while mine heats back only.
Jun 4, 2004
720 posts
447 upvotes
Mississauga
Jemm wrote: I bought a heated vest and gloves for motorcycle riding. Been wearing the heated vest just walking around and damn it is nice. Did’nt by the Costco one though. I’m considering getting the Costco one as it heats front and back, while mine heats back only.
I have this vest and also use it mostly for motorcycling in the cold. Saves the weight and bulk of multiple layers. They key is to make sure your gear is windproof, otherwise it won't be as effective, especially on the highway, so seal up your neck and waist. I had the glove liners also, but returned them because the battery location above the wrist area interferes with full gauntlet gloves.
Jun 4, 2004
720 posts
447 upvotes
Mississauga
That said, for $50 or less, I'm really curious to try one of those made-in-China USB-powered vests for longer rides so that I can plug it in and not worry about the proprietary batteries that can only be charged with the dedicated AC charger. It does comes with 2 batteries, and I've never drained both.