Hisense 43 in. Smart 1080p TV 43H4G $249.97 Probably Online Only

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2021 11:13 am
[OP]
Jul 22, 2006
393 posts
535 upvotes

[Costco] Hisense 43 in. Smart 1080p TV 43H4G $249.97 Probably Online Only

Saw this when I was looking for a bedroom TV and thought it might be a good deal for someone who wants a TV of the same size. I saw this after I already bought the 4K version of this TV at Costco. I debated returning the one I bought and buying this one, but I liked the smaller bezels on the 43R61G and am keeping it.

Decent deal for a lower end TV with Costco warranty and return policy. I didn't see any in the warehouse, just online.
Thread Summary
Not the specs you're looking for? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best 4K HDR Smart TVs!
38 replies
Dec 23, 2016
249 posts
283 upvotes
Ottawa
Very far away from being a deal. A few weeks ago you could buy a 55" 4k tv from Costco for 299.97.
Aug 28, 2019
356 posts
269 upvotes
canlabman wrote: Saw this when I was looking for a bedroom TV and thought it might be a good deal for someone who wants a TV of the same size. I saw this after I already bought the 4K version of this TV at Costco. I debated returning the one I bought and buying this one, but I liked the smaller bezels on the 43R61G and am keeping it.

Decent deal for a lower end TV with Costco warranty and return policy. I didn't see any in the warehouse, just online.
Thanks OP. I bought this in January for $297. It is a nice tv. If I were to buy it and return it with the original receipt, would Costco give me a refund even though it is over 90 days?
Jan 21, 2017
939 posts
296 upvotes
ReDiva wrote: Very far away from being a deal. A few weeks ago you could buy a 55" 4k tv from Costco for 299.97.
What !? Which TV was that??
May 27, 2008
490 posts
417 upvotes
ReDiva wrote: Very far away from being a deal. A few weeks ago you could buy a 55" 4k tv from Costco for 299.97.
link?
Penalty Box
Nov 15, 2020
1244 posts
2407 upvotes
canlabman wrote: Saw this when I was looking for a bedroom TV and thought it might be a good deal for someone who wants a TV of the same size. I saw this after I already bought the 4K version of this TV at Costco. I debated returning the one I bought and buying this one, but I liked the smaller bezels on the 43R61G and am keeping it.

Reviews don't look that good
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Mar 5, 2012
644 posts
342 upvotes
Canada
ProfProcyon wrote: why do u need BT on a TV?
I’m guessing for Bluetooth headphones are the Bluetooth keyboards?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1058 posts
1468 upvotes
Last september I got a 50" Sharp aka Hisense 4K from Walmart for $200. I think there is enough random sales all year long where you can find either this size or bigger sizes in 4K for the same or lower price, no?

It isn't so much 4K at 43" is the best experience, versus the fact having the ability to output 4K gives you more value. Youtube, Apple TV, Netflix, Disney+, any of the newer consoles etc.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21145 posts
25106 upvotes
Agreed. Your avatar threw me for a second, but bang on correct.
[OP]
Jul 22, 2006
393 posts
535 upvotes
I beg to differ. It's not about size although so many are obsessed with size even though it might not be the proper size for for their space. A 55 inch tv is too big for my bedroom so for a 43 inch tv this is a good deal compared to what's out there at this moment. Price out the 43 inch TV's and you'll see. I buy from Costco for piece of mind, the extra year warranty and for the cheap 5 year warranty.

Not touching Skyworth with a 10 foot pole. That's comparing apples and oranges.

Yes it may have been cheaper before but not all of us have time machines. I don't see TV's going on sale like I used to see them. In fact the TV I did buy was $70 cheaper last year but I balance how bad do I want it now to how long do I have to wait.
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2009
609 posts
281 upvotes
Not a good price at all!
- Only 1080P
- Only 43 inches.
- Hisense
For $249, for $50 more you can get 55 inches and 4K
Don't fall for the OPs "deal"
Mar 5, 2012
644 posts
342 upvotes
Canada
sverige101 wrote: Not a good price at all!
- Only 1080P
- Only 43 inches.
- Hisense
Let’s say you need a TV for your kitchen, is it a good deal?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21145 posts
25106 upvotes
BigKids wrote: Let’s say you need a TV for your kitchen, is it a good deal?
It's alright. There aren't many great deals now, if you can't wait.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1952 posts
649 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
MarkF56792 wrote: Thanks OP. I bought this in January for $297. It is a nice tv. If I were to buy it and return it with the original receipt, would Costco give me a refund even though it is over 90 days?
You know there is a 90 days return policy for electronics. Why do you ask this question? Try to get some advice on how to prove TV doesn't belong to electronics products?
Nov 26, 2008
923 posts
611 upvotes
GTA
ProfProcyon wrote: why do u need BT on a TV?
It’s in the bedroom and my daughters room backs onto the tv wall so I use my headphones to keep things quiet at night or if my wife wants to watch tv, I can sleep.
[OP]
Jul 22, 2006
393 posts
535 upvotes
sverige101 wrote: Not a good price at all!
- Only 1080P
- Only 43 inches.
- Hisense
Once again size isn't everything and Skyworth is not comparable to Hisense. It's like comparing a Polaroid TV to Samsung.

Honestly, some people here go out of their way to prove something isn't a deal and love comparing apples to oranges.

Let's look at your BS a little closer.....

Who cares if its "only" 1080p and not 4K. For the purpose I described for this TV, it's good for the price. Please find another TV right now with the same specs, for the same price, with the same return policy as this one. Plus how much does one really view 4K programs?

43 inches........really, does everyone try to put the biggest TV possible in their kitchen or bedroom? I doubt it as bigger isn't always better because of the space but that is lost on so many. Yay, I can get a huge TV for a cheap price but if it sounds like shit and is bottom of the barrel and doesn't fit my space properly is it really a deal?

Hisense.....well it certainly is a lot better than Skyworth. I haven't heard many good things about Skyworth and Hisense quality has greatly improved. Try and find Skyworth's Canadian website and then try to find Hisense's Canadian website. Enough said.

I stand by it being a good price as I've actually done some research while others just hop in their time machines and pull out deals no longer available or they say another brand in a bigger size is a better deal because it's cheaper, never mind the name.

I'm not "falling" for your explanation.