• Aug 28th, 2020 12:43 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10749 posts
5373 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Hisense 50-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV 50R61G $327.99 Shipped

Costco has the Hisense 50-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV, the 50R61G for $327.99 shipped. These are decent budget level TV's, that do most things pretty well. Sound on most sizes is pretty good, PQ is decent, and Roku smart features function and get updates.
The usual Costco member benefits. 90 Day Return, 30/sometimes 90 Day price protection, 2 Year Warranty, 5 Year Warranty +$30, free return shipping.
Limited stock and the 50" is not available online too often, but it is available in store, maybe at $299 or $327.99.

7/19

OOS now. Good chances of a restock before 8/6.

7/21
Back in stock online. 29 available.

7/22
OOS Again. Again, still good chances of a restock before 8/6.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Jul 21st, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
69 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5318 posts
4829 upvotes
Toronto
Better than the TCL 4 series?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10749 posts
5373 upvotes
Toronto
Some units (14) of the 65" are also up at $627.99 shipped also.
https://www.costco.ca/hisense-65-in.-4k ... 00503.html
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
May 29, 2009
7 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton
I placed an order for this tv this morning. But when I get an email with the order details, model of the tv is showing me as 50r6109. Which is different model than this one. I’m not sure which model I’ll get but if I get 50r6109 I’ll just return it. Because that’s 2019 model and this one is 2020
Nov 29, 2019
5 posts
6 upvotes
Yeah just ordered one as well. Showing the correct item number (#8696350), but shows model number of 50R6109 instead of 50R61G. So we shall see what comes Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Nov 24, 2009
118 posts
125 upvotes
GTA
Thank OP. I was looking at this very TV the other night in the Oshawa store. They only had the display unit but checked for me and 12 on order. In store price is $324.99. Grabbed one online instead of taking my chances as no timeline to get stock.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by oicurmt on Jul 18th, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add picture
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10749 posts
5373 upvotes
Toronto
oicurmt wrote: Thank OP. I was looking at this very TV the other night in the Oshawa store. They only had the display unit but checked for me and 12 on order. In store price is $324.99. Grabbed one online instead of taking my chances as no timeline to get stock.
Thanks for confirming the in store price.

May 19, 2005
876 posts
380 upvotes
Kingston
Just a word of caution...many of these cheap Chinese "smart" tv's don't allow you to change the picture settings for any of the built in apps...so you're stuck with the "default" picture settings when using the built in apps. The defaults on these cheap Chinese tv's are usually just about the absolute worst settings available...I've owned about a half a dozen different ones, and it has been this way with every one. The picture using the built in apps is SO BAD, they're unusable, IMHO. On the other hand....when paired with something that allows fine control over the signal, AND being able to apply any changes to picture settings in the set, they can look very nice. I have an AppleTV 4K, and combined with a cheap Haier 4K tv, I can get very good images, just not with any built in apps...
Dec 29, 2014
458 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gn22 wrote: Just a word of caution...many of these cheap Chinese "smart" tv's don't allow you to change the picture settings for any of the built in apps...so you're stuck with the "default" picture settings when using the built in apps. The defaults on these cheap Chinese tv's are usually just about the absolute worst settings available...I've owned about a half a dozen different ones, and it has been this way with every one. The picture using the built in apps is SO BAD, they're unusable, IMHO. On the other hand....when paired with something that allows fine control over the signal, AND being able to apply any changes to picture settings in the set, they can look very nice. I have an AppleTV 4K, and combined with a cheap Haier 4K tv, I can get very good images, just not with any built in apps...
If I plan to use it mostly with a cable box (Rogers), how is the picture?
Dec 4, 2013
730 posts
312 upvotes
Mississauga
oicurmt wrote: Thank OP. I was looking at this very TV the other night in the Oshawa store. They only had the display unit but checked for me and 12 on order. In store price is $324.99. Grabbed one online instead of taking my chances as no timeline to get stock.
Isn't it better to buy it online for 3$ more?
Dec 7, 2017
44 posts
21 upvotes
gn22 wrote: Just a word of caution...many of these cheap Chinese "smart" tv's don't allow you to change the picture settings for any of the built in apps...so you're stuck with the "default" picture settings when using the built in apps. The defaults on these cheap Chinese tv's are usually just about the absolute worst settings available...I've owned about a half a dozen different ones, and it has been this way with every one. The picture using the built in apps is SO BAD, they're unusable, IMHO. On the other hand....when paired with something that allows fine control over the signal, AND being able to apply any changes to picture settings in the set, they can look very nice. I have an AppleTV 4K, and combined with a cheap Haier 4K tv, I can get very good images, just not with any built in apps...
This tv uses Roku. Haier use their own shitty OS. Hisense tvs that use proprietary OS (VIDAA) are also terrible. You want to find ones that use third party platforms like Roku or Android TV or whatever
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10749 posts
5373 upvotes
Toronto
I can't speak to other operating systems, but Roku based TVs have full control of the picture settings for the Roku App (channels). I agree though one more reason to stay away from 2nd tier TVs with unknown, unsupported, smart features. I'd stick with Roku or Android.

Jul 2, 2008
608 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
6 left ... I just grabbed one ... hope to get the 2020 version
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24050 posts
30637 upvotes
In 2019/2020, this is a Good Bedroom TV.
In 2017/2018, this is a Reasonable Family Room TV.

If you're pinching pennies, this is better than fine, but going one up to the Q7G/Q8G rewards the eyes.

Both market demographics have valid reasons to like their respective TVs.
Aug 23, 2019
560 posts
416 upvotes
I cant find any reviews on this is this different then the H series? as in is it cut down?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10749 posts
5373 upvotes
Toronto
Zarkey wrote: I cant find any reviews on this is this different then the H series? as in is it cut down?
Canadian and US model numbers are different, but you can look for current reviews/comments for R6 models to compare. H is Android based, R is Roku based, for Hisense, and the first number generally specifies the series, even between countries, but it is not always comparable 100% of the time.

Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2717 posts
420 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10749 posts
5373 upvotes
Toronto
Zarkey wrote: Oh ok then this is the old thread of a similar deal not long ago costco-hisense-55r6109-50r6109-4k-roku- ... e-2331321/
Yep it was a 2019 R6 model. There was an R6209 in some sizes at Costco in between.