Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Hisense 50R6107 50-in. Smart 4K Roku TV - $398

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2019 4:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
9421 posts
2307 upvotes
Scarberia
hagbard wrote: Don't know if I'd buy a TV with Roku on it. Don't actually want a "smart" tv at all.
ya, its better to pair it with nvidia shield!
*SIG: Ryzen??? R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @39.99$
Member
Feb 4, 2017
279 posts
350 upvotes
hagbard wrote: Don't know if I'd buy a TV with Roku on it. Don't actually want a "smart" tv at all.
You don't have to use the smart features. I'm sure a lot of folks here connect their android boxes/fire sticks etc.
Newbie
Oct 17, 2015
89 posts
48 upvotes
QC
I forgot to add extended warranty. Does costco allow separate purchace of warranty for my tv?

Also, can I return extended warranty if I return the tv?
Member
Jul 18, 2017
210 posts
165 upvotes
Leloiboi wrote: I forgot to add extended warranty. Does costco allow separate purchace of warranty for my tv?

Also, can I return extended warranty if I return the tv?
Costco warranties are no longer in store. Only buy online warranty.

Yes you can return warranty.
Newbie
Oct 17, 2015
89 posts
48 upvotes
QC
BeverlyHills90210 wrote: Costco warranties are no longer in store. Only buy online warranty.

Yes you can return warranty.
Thanks. Does that mean I have 2 years to decide whether to purchase extended warranty for this tv?
Sr. Member
Apr 8, 2015
848 posts
858 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
would this have the ability to run sports streams from reddit links? :)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 21, 2011
2546 posts
1518 upvotes
Parksville, BC
brownstein wrote: How would this tv compare to the Samsung UN50NU6900F? I was able to pick up the Samsung for $449 on sale; is it worth the extra $50?
My son has an NU7100 and in comparison I'd say the Samsung UI is a little more modern and polished but the Hisense panel is brighter and the volume is better. It's not a huge difference either way. The Samsung lacks analog audio output and dts decoding on optical and ARC.
...
Sr. Member
Jan 17, 2009
576 posts
58 upvotes
Any good options in the 55-58" range?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 21, 2011
2546 posts
1518 upvotes
Parksville, BC
wreckdivr wrote: Need to pick up a 49 or 50" for the in-laws. Trying to decide between the 50" Hisense or Vizio at Costco, or maybe something different at Best Buy for Boxing Day? What do you think is best currently available for value and reliability?

https://www.costco.ca/Hisense-50R6107-5 ... 16261.html
https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-V505-G9-50- ... 65201.html
Hisense seems to have fewer firmware issues than Vizio. Really you can't go wrong with either TV if you buy from Costco and get the extended warranty. BB offerings are likely to be similar quality for similar price come BD.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 15, 2005
7272 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone ever used the Costco extended warranty on their tv? I'd be interested in hearing the issue and how the experience went.
Newbie
Dec 4, 2007
74 posts
3 upvotes
flopticalcube wrote: Hisense seems to have fewer firmware issues than Vizio. Really you can't go wrong with either TV if you buy from Costco and get the extended warranty. BB offerings are likely to be similar quality for similar price come BD.
The in-laws are out of the country, so there's no point in getting a warranty, unfortunately. That's why I'm hoping that I can get one that has the best chance of lasting a long time... in a hot country. lol
Member
Nov 18, 2009
213 posts
60 upvotes
wreckdivr wrote: Need to pick up a 49 or 50" for the in-laws. Trying to decide between the 50" Hisense or Vizio at Costco, or maybe something different at Best Buy for Boxing Day? What do you think is best currently available for value and reliability?

https://www.costco.ca/Hisense-50R6107-5 ... 16261.html
https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-V505-G9-50- ... 65201.html
Best Buy flyer is up. First page they have a 50' Sharp for $399. I'm wondering which is a better deal. The other option (if you are close to the border) is a 50' Sceptre from Walmart USA. $189.99 which will be around $260 Canadian. Not sure which one I think I will get...
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12160 posts
1672 upvotes
Kanata
Kerberos wrote: Best Buy flyer is up. First page they have a 50' Sharp for $399. I'm wondering which is a better deal. The other option (if you are close to the border) is a 50' Sceptre from Walmart USA. $189.99 which will be around $260 Canadian. Not sure which one I think I will get...
I know Sharp is made by Hisense but after viewing the Hisense in the store, it has way better viewing angles than the Sharp does (I have a 55" sharp, and a 43" hisense). For that reason alone, I would get the Hisense.

I did look at the Vizio, and it didn't seem to have the same color clarity/depth at the same viewing angles as the Hisense. I was looking at pretty extreme angles (160 degrees horizontally) so that may not be a factor for everyone.

One other contender that doesn't get mentioned much, that could be a factor for boxing day, is the TCL from amazon. It was $430 on BF (iirc?) and it gets some good reviews.

Top