Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Costco] Hisense 55-in. 4K ULED Android Smart TV 55H8809 $547.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2019 8:37 pm
15 replies
Oct 14, 2008
478 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm this or the TCL 6 series. TCL seems to have better brightness but the Hisense has Android TV and no ads. (And slightly cheaper)
Nov 26, 2015
67 posts
109 upvotes
The seemingly better 55Q7809 will be $529 at Walmart on Black Friday.
Nov 25, 2006
588 posts
401 upvotes
toekneehand wrote: The seemingly better 55Q7809 will be $529 at Walmart on Black Friday.
Yeah I noticed that last night too.
I'd rather not go to Walmart on BF but we'll see.
Oct 14, 2008
478 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
toekneehand wrote: The seemingly better 55Q7809 will be $529 at Walmart on Black Friday.
How is it better, though? I can't find any reviews on it. I'll be using mine primarily as a PC monitor so it's between this H8 and the TCL 6-series. Looks like this one is marketed to have better colours but no signs of input lag. Shame Rtings hasn't looked at the Q7.
Nov 25, 2006
588 posts
401 upvotes
The Q stands for quantum dot technology which higher end Samsung and Vizio TVs have.
Although it doesn't say how many zones, this also has local dimming.
Jul 28, 2004
162 posts
131 upvotes
Calgary
The 55Q8809 is $600, I really don't know which one to get. The H8809 or the Q8809. The H8809 has more dimming zones but the Q8809 has the Quantum dot panel. Any opinions?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1138 posts
775 upvotes
any idea guys? Trying to dig up information on the Q7809?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1453 posts
295 upvotes
achohan91 wrote: any idea guys? Trying to dig up information on the Q7809?
Might just be a Walmart exclusive.
According to the spec sheet, the Q7809 has the exact same specs as the Q8809 but the "Available At" section just lists Walmart. It too has 10 local dimming zones like the Q8.

According to the spec sheets the major difference between the H8 & Q8 are the local dimming (56 vs 10 zones) Quantum Dot, 4 HDMI 2.0b vs 2 and 240hz motion rate vs 120Hz

My local Visions had the Q8 and H8 both set up. The picture was a little more vivid on the Q8, better colours. But the contrast with the black did seem a bit better on the H8. Honestly the difference was minor enough I bought the H8 from Costco with my $50 coupon so 497, but when they are only $20 apart, that's a tough choice.
Jul 31, 2005
35 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Yup has full array local dimming as per box see pics. I got the tcl 6 series for $630 from Costco but wondering if this is a better or same quality as tcl 6 series. Any comments review would be great.
Images
  • 06A58C42-0147-4D4C-9E4B-866206203FCF.jpeg
  • EC951F62-B7F9-46FB-9119-D29BD1BFC6A1.jpeg
Jul 31, 2005
35 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Yup has full array local dimming as per box see pics. I got the tcl 6 series for $630 from Costco but wondering if this is a better or same quality as tcl 6 series. Any comments review would be great.
Images
  • D7AF3DE6-00F3-4DBE-91C3-D48C44F47EC3.jpeg
  • 40A2FF2A-AB1B-46D2-92E8-A0747EE6C1E6.jpeg
Oct 14, 2008
478 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
Meat2783 wrote: The 55Q8809 is $600, I really don't know which one to get. The H8809 or the Q8809. The H8809 has more dimming zones but the Q8809 has the Quantum dot panel. Any opinions?
Just ordered the H8809. I figured having more dimming zones will have a greater impact than the Quantum dots, especially after calibration. Also the slight price difference.
Jan 20, 2017
53 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver BC
Vascilli wrote: Just ordered the H8809. I figured having more dimming zones will have a greater impact than the Quantum dots, especially after calibration. Also the slight price difference.
I ordered one too (and took advantage of an additional $20 off by subscribing to costco.ca emails -- see other thread). Recevied the TV and set it up. After updating the Android system, and apps, I'm finding the TV really good! I viewed some 4K videos from youtube, and I thought they look specacular. Other 1080p content looked pretty good upstreamed to 4K resolution.

Only issue is that it's way easier to use a keyboard than the remote for entering user names and passwords. So I paired a bluetooth keyboard for that purpose. I created a new google account just for the TV (otherwise the kids will probably wipe out my history from my main account). So far so good. I need to play with the contrast, brightness to get optimal viewing, but I'm happy so far with this 2 days in.

What are your thoughts? (or anyone else that got this). My previous TV was a LCD 42 inch 1080p for comparisons.
Oct 14, 2008
478 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
FungusAmongus wrote: I ordered one too (and took advantage of an additional $20 off by subscribing to costco.ca emails -- see other thread). Recevied the TV and set it up. After updating the Android system, and apps, I'm finding the TV really good! I viewed some 4K videos from youtube, and I thought they look specacular. Other 1080p content looked pretty good upstreamed to 4K resolution.

Only issue is that it's way easier to use a keyboard than the remote for entering user names and passwords. So I paired a bluetooth keyboard for that purpose. I created a new google account just for the TV (otherwise the kids will probably wipe out my history from my main account). So far so good. I need to play with the contrast, brightness to get optimal viewing, but I'm happy so far with this 2 days in.

What are your thoughts? (or anyone else that got this). My previous TV was a LCD 42 inch 1080p for comparisons.
My thoughts are "damn I wish mine wasn't broken" as it has a pretty large crack on the LCD in the top center right out of the box. I'm in the process of having Costco exchange it. As a precaution for the next one, I'm going to be especially careful attaching the legs and lifting it. I've devised a method that should avoid applying any pressure on the bezel. I'm 99.9% sure the crack wasn't caused by me since part of my job is handling similarly sized LCD screens and I know how to move them safely, but the annoyance of repacking and shipping it back has me taking every precaution. Thank god I bought from Costco, or else I'd be up shit creek.
Jan 20, 2017
53 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver BC
Vascilli wrote: My thoughts are "damn I wish mine wasn't broken" as it has a pretty large crack on the LCD in the top center right out of the box. I'm in the process of having Costco exchange it. As a precaution for the next one, I'm going to be especially careful attaching the legs and lifting it. I've devised a method that should avoid applying any pressure on the bezel. I'm 99.9% sure the crack wasn't caused by me since part of my job is handling similarly sized LCD screens and I know how to move them safely, but the annoyance of repacking and shipping it back has me taking every precaution. Thank god I bought from Costco, or else I'd be up shit creek.
Ouch, that sucks. Ours came from Calgary apparently (according to the shipping) and I'm in Vancouver area. Our TV came without any scratches or cracks fortunately. I guess you can physically take it back to your local Costco.

My kids have already figured out the new TV remote. They are liking the Netflix and Disney+ on a bigger screen. I'm happy with this!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)