Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Hisense 55-in. 4K ULED Android Smart TV 55H8809 $698 Shipped

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2020 9:17 am
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
6507 posts
2843 upvotes
ya QLED/Quantum Dot transforms a low end into a mid end tv so it is worth it. All manufacturers will be using this for their low end very soon.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10353 posts
4661 upvotes
Toronto
cazzo1980 wrote: Has anyone had any issues with their Hisense? Got mine Friday, installed it Sat and the last 2 nights, it makes a high pitch noise and shuts off and then goes to my app screen. I called tech support and he said it was for "Privacy reasons", which is total BS.

Is there a power supply issue?
Thank you
Sorry to hear that.
Dont know if this will help any, but here is a link to the Amazon.com page for the 55H8F. Maybe going through the comments and questions can help you determine if there is a chronic problem with them or if you just came up unlucky.
https://www.amazon.com/Hisense-55H8F-55 ... B07NYQNVY4

Didn't really closely inspect the 65" Vizio when i saw it, so I can't really say about its DSE. It was more of a surprise that they had these in store at all.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1293 posts
465 upvotes
Richmond, ON
idiotcanuck wrote: Sorry to hear that.
Dont know if this will help any, but here is a link to the Amazon.com page for the 55H8F. Maybe going through the comments and questions can help you determine if there is a chronic problem with them or if you just came up unlucky.
https://www.amazon.com/Hisense-55H8F-55 ... B07NYQNVY4

Didn't really closely inspect the 65" Vizio when i saw it, so I can't really say about its DSE. It was more of a surprise that they had these in store at all.
Did a quick search on the link that you provided and nothing regarding the power issues. Thx for the link by the way.

the 65" Vizio I picked up for 1199.99 is great. It produces a very nice picture.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
6507 posts
2843 upvotes
cazzo1980 wrote: Did a quick search on the link that you provided and nothing regarding the power issues. Thx for the link by the way.

the 65" Vizio I picked up for 1199.99 is great. It produces a very nice picture.
Easy exchange, and likely a defect - why are you wasting time agonizing over this?
Newbie
May 26, 2008
1 posts
2 upvotes
There are 3 tiers for Canadian market this year. Notable differences is wider color gamut, however it seems that going up tiers is very insignificant in HDR whether the tv has quantum or not..All have VA screens so expect poor viewing angles...

As far as what I see in comparison from RTings, the differences are noted here:
H8F US version is the H8809 - lowest end tier, 60 hz, brigtness spec is not as good as the TCL R613, R615, R617
H8F (with Quantum Dot and unavailable to US market) is the Q8809 - midrange tier, 60hz, closest in spec (brightness) to the TCL R613,R615, R617
H9F US version is the Q9809 - highest end tier, 120 hz and officially the replacement for the H9E, and "should" perform the best.

IMO it seems overpriced at both Visions and Costco because of historical models and expected tiered priceing...I expect that the 55 inch version of the H8809 will drop to $598 or less, the Q8809 (to be the direct competitor to the the TCL) to drop to $689-698, and so forth.. You pay for SDR/HDR brightness and refresh rate in general so you should make your decision based on that...Specs and tests seem so close to one another and forking out almost $500 extra for the same size TV going up model versions seems unwise unless you really need a bright TV in a very brightly lit room.. Buy if you feel its worth it...
Member
User avatar
Jan 2, 2015
460 posts
424 upvotes
Montréal area
Hi everyone!

Did someone bougt the H8809 or the Q8809? Can you get YouTube HDR from the integrated YouTube?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1293 posts
465 upvotes
Richmond, ON
badOne wrote: Easy exchange, and likely a defect - why are you wasting time agonizing over this?
Going tomorrow or Sunday to return. I may actually get the Vizio M series instead.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
48561 posts
5560 upvotes
Toronto
secretliar wrote: Hi everyone!

Did someone bougt the H8809 or the Q8809? Can you get YouTube HDR from the integrated YouTube?
I don't think many channels on YouTube support HDR unless you mean the movies on there? I know Netflix app works with HDR, but i don't have the particular Hisense mdoel you listed.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
6507 posts
2843 upvotes
cazzo1980 wrote: Going tomorrow or Sunday to return. I may actually get the Vizio M series instead.
Vizio has the shittiest upscaling, for any manufacturer. Even Hisense beats this, and I don't mean for last year's model.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 17, 2008
758 posts
283 upvotes
BC
Being an android tv, can I side load the apk on this?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1293 posts
465 upvotes
Richmond, ON
badOne wrote: Vizio has the shittiest upscaling, for any manufacturer. Even Hisense beats this, and I don't mean for last year's model.
for which source? I don't care for 480p. Basically, the sister in law is going to watch a few tv shows and mostly just use Netflix and prime.
Member
User avatar
Jan 2, 2015
460 posts
424 upvotes
Montréal area
lyh_chnxm wrote: Being an android tv, can I side load the apk on this?
Jimboski wrote: Nope don't think so. Think you need a Fire Stick TV to do so?
With nVidia Shield and Mi Box (Android TV too), it's possible to sideload apks. But if the app is not Android TV compatible, you'll need another launcher to be able to start them, otherwise they won't appear on the leanback launcher.
Member
User avatar
Jan 2, 2015
460 posts
424 upvotes
Montréal area
Jimboski wrote: I don't think many channels on YouTube support HDR unless you mean the movies on there? I know Netflix app works with HDR, but i don't have the particular Hisense mdoel you listed.
When I try to watch HDR YouTube videos, it's doesn't work. Does this TV support VP9 profile 2?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
6507 posts
2843 upvotes
cazzo1980 wrote: for which source? I don't care for 480p. Basically, the sister in law is going to watch a few tv shows and mostly just use Netflix and prime.
720p or below. Meaning most tv channels unless your tuner has a great upscaler. It is a very significant issue that they still refuse to acknowledge, and I believe ties into why their TVs also have significant lag issues when displaying long panning shots, because their programmers are just not up to the task. After how many years have users been complaining about a slow interface for their lines of TV? It's gotten so bad rtings actually devoted a portion of their review to judging how laggy the interface is, when the only manufacturer facing laggy UI is Vizio.

Their programmers are incompetent at best.

Hisense is a low end manufacturer struggling hard to become mid end, and they are getting there. And they don't have these types of flaws for every tv. Vizio is supposed to be mid end but their attitude and issues with their software suggests they are a low-end manufacturer.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)