[Costco] Hisense 55-in. 4K ULED Android Smart TV 55H8809 $698 Shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2020 9:17 am
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1246 posts
445 upvotes
Richmond, ON
badOne wrote: 720p or below. Meaning most tv channels unless your tuner has a great upscaler. It is a very significant issue that they still refuse to acknowledge, and I believe ties into why their TVs also have significant lag issues when displaying long panning shots, because their programmers are just not up to the task. After how many years have users been complaining about a slow interface for their lines of TV? It's gotten so bad rtings actually devoted a portion of their review to judging how laggy the interface is, when the only manufacturer facing laggy UI is Vizio.

Their programmers are incompetent at best.

Hisense is a low end manufacturer struggling hard to become mid end, and they are getting there. And they don't have these types of flaws for every tv. Vizio is supposed to be mid end but their attitude and issues with their software suggests they are a low-end manufacturer.
Thx for the information.

as mentioned, I do like the Hisense, for the price, it surprised me with the quality. Don't think Costco has these in the warehouse, so I would need to buy online and get it shipped and then return the defective one. I don't want them to repair this 6 day old tv.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1585 posts
1379 upvotes
Toronto
Just curious, but can I use the redeemable cheques costco gave me for online purchases or is it only for in the warehouses?
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Oct 24, 2013
517 posts
122 upvotes
Ontario
Does anyone have experience if a webcam connected to the tv will allow Skype video conference?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6457 posts
2812 upvotes
only if there is an google app that runs on the tv that allows it.
Feb 4, 2017
287 posts
356 upvotes
aziansenzation wrote: There are 3 tiers for Canadian market this year. Notable differences is wider color gamut, however it seems that going up tiers is very insignificant in HDR whether the tv has quantum or not..All have VA screens so expect poor viewing angles...

As far as what I see in comparison from RTings, the differences are noted here:
H8F US version is the H8809 - lowest end tier, 60 hz, brigtness spec is not as good as the TCL R613, R615, R617
H8F (with Quantum Dot and unavailable to US market) is the Q8809 - midrange tier, 60hz, closest in spec (brightness) to the TCL R613,R615, R617
H9F US version is the Q9809 - highest end tier, 120 hz and officially the replacement for the H9E, and "should" perform the best.

IMO it seems overpriced at both Visions and Costco because of historical models and expected tiered priceing...I expect that the 55 inch version of the H8809 will drop to $598 or less, the Q8809 (to be the direct competitor to the the TCL) to drop to $689-698, and so forth.. You pay for SDR/HDR brightness and refresh rate in general so you should make your decision based on that...Specs and tests seem so close to one another and forking out almost $500 extra for the same size TV going up model versions seems unwise unless you really need a bright TV in a very brightly lit room.. Buy if you feel its worth it...
You would be happy to hear that the price has gone down to $547.99.
Nov 25, 2006
318 posts
169 upvotes
SwaunyJones wrote: Just curious, but can I use the redeemable cheques costco gave me for online purchases or is it only for in the warehouses?
The executive member rebate cheque? It's redeemable only in stores.
Nov 25, 2006
318 posts
169 upvotes
Zoughi1 wrote: You would be happy to hear that the price has gone down to $547.99.
I noticed the price, too. I suppose this will sell like hotcakes now? I have one in the cart -- not sure if I should get this or the 55RU7100 for little more. I know RU7100 lacks in specs, but it's my secondary TV and I'm sort of a Samsung slappy as I have had no problems with their TVs over the years.
Feb 3, 2009
47 posts
10 upvotes
Whitby
rogerchoi wrote: I noticed the price, too. I suppose this will sell like hotcakes now? I have one in the cart -- not sure if I should get this or the 55RU7100 for little more. I know RU7100 lacks in specs, but it's my secondary TV and I'm sort of a Samsung slappy as I have had no problems with their TVs over the years.
What did you go with? I'm also on the fence between the two.
Jan 16, 2020
1 posts
I bought the Samsung 7100 for the GF and her and her daughter both complained that it looked way too dim/dull.. didnt look as good as the LG they had in the basement (even after some calibration changes) so i took it back and got the Hisense H8 that the sales rep recommended in the first place. .Much nicer picture and the android OS alone is worth it if you have a google account/android device. so many more apps available than the usual amazon, netflix, youtube etc on a regular smart tv.

now im just torn as i bought an H8 65" for myself which was out of stock until next week.. i am contemplating getting the H9 as i watch alot of sports .. 120 -480 refresh rate instead of 60-240

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)