Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Hisense 55" Class - U6GR Series - 4K UHD QLED LCD TV - $467.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2023 8:47 pm
Dec 7, 2012
181 posts
243 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: They do, Canadian version is U68H
No.

U6H=U68H
U7H=U78H
U8H=U88H

So far, Costco has not had the 7/8H available. Although they had the U78G before.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Sirocco wrote: No.

U6H=U68H
U7H=U78H
U8H=U88H

So far, Costco has not had the 7/8H available. Although they had the U78G before.
Ahhh, ok gotcha, thanks!
Aug 17, 2012
83 posts
73 upvotes
Bought the 65'' version of this TV from Costco this summer, worked for a few weeks and then wouldn't turn on anymore. Since you need the remote to turn it on, I thought it was a remote issue. Contacted Hisense support, tried the "point the remote at the camera on my phone" trick but everything seemed ok, they still sent me a new remote but turns out it was a motherboard issue. Tried to schedule a technician with them but that would've taken a few weeks. Said F-it and returned it to Costco. Obivously YMMV, but that experience turned me off of them. Strangely enough, my entry level Vizio TV from Costco made it past the Costco warranty period without an issue so it is the luck of a draw when it comes to these cheapo TVs.
Feb 21, 2012
278 posts
208 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Theoneandonly wrote: If you buy the tv with costco warranty and decide to return the tv do you get refund on the warranty also?
They should yes. I say this with a hisense that failed almost 2 years from purchase so it was still under the regular warranty and costco refunded my extended warranty.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1506 posts
1351 upvotes
Ottawa
Theoneandonly wrote: If you buy the tv with costco warranty and decide to return the tv do you get refund on the warranty also?
If you return 0-90 days, yes. And, YOU NEED YOUR BOX. Keep it for the 90 days.
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
ben2003 wrote: Double hisense.
I know it's more expensive...is that what you are saying, or that it's like a duplicate...not much diff than the hisense?
Nov 23, 2012
475 posts
327 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
Good question, I'm not sure.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1390 posts
1176 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote: I know it's more expensive...is that what you are saying, or that it's like a duplicate...not much diff than the hisense?
They spend money on software related items and the money goes less toward hardware. Plus they have the brand name to mark up the prices beyond that investment allocation.

If theyd forget about OS and firmware and let people invest in other products that are superior and just provide the basic TV, TVs might be better in terms of hardware or cheaper. They would also make less money.

Take Vizio P series or Hisense u88h, etc.. brighter panels, maybe crappier speakers and that sort of thing. OS on Vizio is terrible but the TVs are bright for the money.

Tradeoff for me is buy a better TV in terms of picture maybe 120hz, HDR 10+/Dolby, HDMI 2.1, etc. Quality control is not so much an issue for me. Return it or get warranty.

Buying a brand name TV vs buying cheap one: if you buy brand name hoping to have it 10 years, by year 5 entry level TVs will probably compete. Whereas buying cheap TV, if it lasts 5 years at half the price then buy another more modern TV with the money you initially saved.

Maybe it's not that simple but that's my 2cents. Entry level TVs are so much better these days unless you're gaming you probably would be fine with the TV in this thread. If it craps out hopefully warranty is not trash.

Ive never bought warranty on electronics in my life or had an issue. Ive had to fix powersupply on samsung once but it is becoming increasingly less worth it to fix broken TVs than just buying a new one.
Nov 21, 2009
486 posts
295 upvotes
Moncton
Sirocco wrote: No.

U6H=U68H
U7H=U78H
U8H=U88H

Really wish Costco would carry the 7-series as they're the sweet spot IMO. 120Hz, VRR, local dimming and decent brightness for HDR.
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
carbide wrote: Do yourself a favour and get a 55” Sony A80J (Costco item 9291855, in-warehouse clearance, finding stock YMMV). It is only $200 more, very good OLED TV.
Thanks but looking for 65
Oct 20, 2019
272 posts
177 upvotes
It seems there is just as many people complaining about issues as there are saying it's a good TV
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3503 posts
615 upvotes
Ottawa
My new tv arrives tomorrow evening. I'll post how it goes
Hello
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3503 posts
615 upvotes
Ottawa
ilusa wrote: My new tv arrives tomorrow evening. I'll post how it goes
Tv arrived. Looks fantastic.

Better then expected. Even the Roku is great and I thought I would hate the Roku part of it

Hard to complain about anything at this price :)

Thank you for posting this deal!
Hello
Aug 29, 2007
489 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
I have seen good reviews on r8h and i don't know this model number is only for u.s or we can find in Canada with different numbers?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)