Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Hisense 55" U78H - $698 - Price Drop

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2023 1:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2002
5075 posts
2867 upvotes

[Costco] Hisense 55" U78H - $698 - Price Drop

55" U78H is now on Costco site, probably the best value TV you can get for $700 if you want modern day features.

Now priced at $697.99.

https://www.costco.ca/hisense-55%22-cla ... 97593.html
Last edited by NightRain on Dec 19th, 2022 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
47 replies
Dec 2, 2022
45 posts
31 upvotes
This is on sale until the 22nd so after that will it go back up in price until Boxing Day?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1134 posts
732 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
PeacefulMissile wrote: This is on sale until the 22nd so after that will it go back up in price until Boxing Day?

I wouldn't say that, alot of Hisense tv's have constantly extended the price until dates
Dec 2, 2022
45 posts
31 upvotes
Sounds good to me. I have my discount code valid until mid January I am in no rush to buy now. My 2016 49" Samsung 4K is showing its age when it comes to modern streaming services (THIS happened https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/com ... thank_you/) and now with TVs adapting 120hz refresh rate this is a great price for a 55" 4K computer monitor/streaming device. Ill buy after Christmas if stock doesnt run out.
Aug 31, 2018
492 posts
742 upvotes
got one for the bedroom. reviews are very good and the features for the price is best among mid tier 4k tvs. this + extended warranty, unbeatable.
Oct 20, 2022
6 posts
2 upvotes
PeacefulMissile wrote: Sounds good to me. I have my discount code valid until mid January I am in no rush to buy now. My 2016 49" Samsung 4K is showing its age when it comes to modern streaming services (THIS happened https://www.reddit.com/r/DisneyPlus/com ... thank_you/) and now with TVs adapting 120hz refresh rate this is a great price for a 55" 4K computer monitor/streaming device. Ill buy after Christmas if stock doesnt run out.
A discount code specifically for you or anyone?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3382 posts
1114 upvotes
Having now seen a proper micro led in home, I'd say the extra $300 is worth it for the 88. It's just so much better at blacks and brightness.......
Dec 2, 2022
45 posts
31 upvotes
dvdvideo wrote: Having now seen a proper micro led in home, I'd say the extra $300 is worth it for the 88. It's just so much better at blacks and brightness.......
Well its out of stock for now. So if it comes back Ill keep an eye out!
Feb 24, 2018
839 posts
521 upvotes
When's the TCL 2022 5-Series coming to Canada? The S555. I see the S546 which is last year's model as the only one sold atm.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3382 posts
1114 upvotes
PeacefulMissile wrote: Well its out of stock for now. So if it comes back Ill keep an eye out!
Best buy and Visions both have it in stock, unless you really want to wait for Costco.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
4504 posts
2297 upvotes
Ontario
The Hisense U7H is a good TV for watching sports in a bright room. It has excellent peak brightness and good reflection handling, so glare isn't an issue in a bright room. It also has decent gray uniformity with just a bit of dirty screen effect. Unfortunately, it has a sub-par viewing angle, so it's not ideal for watching the big game with a large group of friends, as the image degrades when viewed at an angle, so anyone sitting to the side sees a worse image.

PROS
Excellent peak brightness in SDR.
Good reflection handling.
Low-resolution content is upscaled without any issues.

CONS
Image degrades when viewed from the side.
International variants use the same name but perform differently.
Some noticeable uniformity issues.
Slow response time.
Oct 8, 2022
45 posts
49 upvotes
dvdvideo wrote: Having now seen a proper micro led in home, I'd say the extra $300 is worth it for the 88. It's just so much better at blacks and brightness.......
You mean mini led. We are still a few years away from microled mainstream tvs.
Aug 6, 2009
770 posts
300 upvotes
Surrey
Is the 75" going to be back in stock? I am dead set on getting that.