Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Hisense 58 in. 4K Roku Smart Television 58R63G $597 Shipped, $60 5 Year Warranty Ext.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2021 5:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10687 posts
5242 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Hisense 58 in. 4K Roku Smart Television 58R63G $597 Shipped, $60 5 Year Warranty Ext.

Costco has the brand new 58" model 58R63G online for $547, shipped, with 2 Year Warranty. 3 Year extension is $60, For 5 Years total.
Return shipping is typically covered up to the 90 day return point, if you don't like it, or you need to exchange for better screen uniformity, which is common with most LED's. Price protection is 30 days, often up to 90 days, and if there is a later drop sub $500, you can get the difference back and also reduce the extended warranty price by half to $30 and get that back too.
Not sure if they are available In Store yet.

This is the basic Roku R6 model, so generally good for standard non-videophile use, but no high peak brightness, wide color gamut, or local dimming. As with all TV's in this price range, HDR performance will not be stellar without these features. VA panels, so black levels will usually be reasonable straight on, but viewing angles will be typically narrow. Best used in low to moderate lighting conditions.
I have a couple of older Hisense R6 models that are 2-3 years old, and I really like them. Simple, functional, PQ is decent, WIFi works and sound is actually reasonable for a flat screen. The jump from a 55" to a 58" is actually quite noticeable, so this might be a worthwhile option, if you are looking for a decent sized, budget TV.

10/15
So the 58R63G is magically back in stock with 120 units, at $597 online now.
Personally if I was intent on getting one right away, I would call CS and complain to them that you were going to buy one Thursday when the offer expiry date was still 10/14, when the price/expiry date changed suddenly.
Then they went OOS while there were still 140 in stock. Make them honor their pricing. $50 might not be worth the bother though.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Oct 15th, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Thread Summary
Not the specs you want? Take a look at RFD Reviews' roundup of the best 4K HDR smart TVs!
75 replies
Oct 9, 2019
438 posts
601 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Thanks OP. The only review at cosctco.ca is not very impressive tho.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10687 posts
5242 upvotes
Toronto
alireja wrote: Thanks OP. The only review at cosctco.ca is not very impressive tho.
Depends on the user too, I guess.
If someone buys a TV like this expecting mind blowing HDR or wants to use it in a sunroom, they have, shall we say, unreasonable expectations.
Take a look at the only other R63G review in the 50". It's like night and day.
(It is $457 shipped with $30 5 year Warranty extension, BTW)
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Oct 13th, 2021 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2272 posts
875 upvotes
alireja wrote: Thanks OP. The only review at cosctco.ca is not very impressive tho.
One single review? I don’t know if I’d put all my eggs in that basket.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10687 posts
5242 upvotes
Toronto
redflagmat wrote: One single review? I don’t know if I’d put all my eggs in that basket.
The downside of a newer model. Lack of data and reviews.

Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3175 posts
793 upvotes
Also the issue noted of "too dark" is very common even in sony tv's with dolby vision, it's default brightness is quite low on many tv's.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10687 posts
5242 upvotes
Toronto
dvdvideo wrote: Also the issue noted of "too dark" is very common even in sony tv's with dolby vision, it's default brightness is quite low on many tv's.
True, so many of them ship with Energy Saving as their default pic mode, and lots of people don't even notice or adjust it. Unmodified factory Picture Presets also often don't cover the best balance point on a "cheap" TV.
Aside from the narrow limits most budget TV's have in finding a reasonable settings tradeoff, when adjusted. Too bright, blooming and poorer black levels crop up, too dark, reduced ability to overcome ambient light, washed out appearance. The cheaper it is it seems the finer the line is to get decent PQ. Ultimately you do get what you pay for, I guess.

Dec 4, 2007
58 posts
55 upvotes
They also have 65U68G for 997.99. It is a larger size and way better quality. I wonder which is a better deal.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2002
4881 posts
2414 upvotes
I wish I could find more information on this TV. The costco specs says it has 3 HDMI 2.1 ports. That seems unlikely to me. Can't find anything on this TV at all.
That's 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10687 posts
5242 upvotes
Toronto
NightRain wrote: I wish I could find more information on this TV. The costco specs says it has 3 HDMI 2.1 ports. That seems unlikely to me. Can't find anything on this TV at all.
Try this. If you are looking for reviews/ user comments you might have to hunt for the equivalent Hisense US/Intl. models, if there are some. They often don't have similar model numbers, but starting at the newest R6 models is a good start, if you can find some. Note that certain sizes of R63G may have IPS panels instead of VA panels.
https://www.hisense-canada.com/en/home- ... -and-hdr10
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Oct 13th, 2021 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11430 posts
4047 upvotes
Great basement TV for the kids to play Xbox.

We have a 55" 4K Hisense from Costco, it's been fantastic, zero issues other than the remote sucks.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10687 posts
5242 upvotes
Toronto
cyberguy69 wrote: They also have 65U68G for 997.99. It is a larger size and way better quality. I wonder which is a better deal.
https://www.costco.ca/hisense-65-in.-4k ... 99767.html

No easy answer, I have heard good things about the U68G's, though. Lots of personal factors there. Viewing standards, intended usage, budget, Android vs. Roku.
Limited online avail. for the 65U68G's at Costco though, if you are leaning that way. 17 only

Apr 17, 2020
67 posts
82 upvotes
Thanks so much!! I had just ordered a 55 Hisense for the same price from Costco, managed to cancel that and order this.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
4238 posts
1029 upvotes
does it matter?
good price. my 7 year old LG55 is acting strange so I don't mind it. I have same brand 43 inch fro bestbuy and happy with it.
I have seen most LED TVs last may be 7-10 years only as compared to my old CRT which is almost 30 year old.
Tried new coffee and doughnut. Found same old stale thing. expected bill of six bucks but it was 600 million. Big mistake so the guy said don't worry it is on the house. going back to McD.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3468 posts
3110 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if it is cheaper in store?
Feb 13, 2012
317 posts
268 upvotes
Greater Sudbury
How would this tv compare to the tcl 6 series
Nov 24, 2020
10 posts
6 upvotes
What did they add to the new model? I bought the previous version 58R62G from Costco about the same time last year and it was only $386, extended warranty $29.99.
The only complaint I have so far is that the connection to Roku app on cell fails 70% of the time.
Jun 4, 2006
607 posts
259 upvotes
GTA
jokerswild1 wrote: How would this tv compare to the tcl 6 series
I'll find out tonight as I have TCL 6 Series and bought the 50 inch version of this for my nephew.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)