• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2022 5:53 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
The 55"and 58" of the R63G have just dropped online shipped prices too.
The 55 is at $447 and the 58" is at $497.
That is the magic number for the 58" since that puts both under $500 for the $30 extended
5 year warranty, instead of $60. Not sure what the in store prices are, but if they are within. $20 I would always buy online personally. So much easier to just call in and wait if you need a return or exchange.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
32003 posts
13502 upvotes
Still confused as to whether R63G is IPS or VA. Or is it a mix and depends on screen size, like a lot of other 2021 low-end sets?

Anyone have a 43" that can say what it is?

Also noticed this TV has DV whereas 4-series does not; but obviously it's fairly useless to have DV anyway given this is probably only a 200-250 nits TV, I'm guessing? Might explain why it's about $20 more than 4-series, that DV licence fee.
Oct 9, 2019
328 posts
213 upvotes
Does the Hisense Or omni have provision to install apps?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2009
2166 posts
869 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: and the supply chain is just starting to recover,
increased supply and reduced demand due to Covid employment issues could see prices drop back to pre covid levels and even go lower.
Of course there could be a buying wave too when we begin to feel things have begun to get back to normal.
Great points, and certainly something to consider. A competing variable is the effect of inflation on the materials used in the construction of the television, which could keep the prices higher than we would otherwise anticipate.
Apr 13, 2017
455 posts
235 upvotes
I haven't bought a TV in years but was wondering..

How do these do in rooms with a lot of natural light? My plasma is like a mirror. Not sure if these cheaper TVs would be as bad?
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16279 posts
4091 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Dealfiber wrote: Does the Hisense Or omni have provision to install apps?
Omni does, due to it being Fire TV OS.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
KamS046 wrote: I haven't bought a TV in years but was wondering..

How do these do in rooms with a lot of natural light? My plasma is like a mirror. Not sure if these cheaper TVs would be as bad?
Much better than most plasma's in that regard..
Most LED's seem to have matte screens that reflect to a much lesser degree. The other aspect that might affect that kind of usage is brightness.
These budget TVs generally have around 2-300 nits of brightness, where more expensive models may have 600/800/1000 nits. Bright rooms and watching HDR content are where this may come in handy. Another important difference is viewing angle. VA panels have fairly narrow viewing angles, plasma's are much wider.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3906 posts
1230 upvotes
Calgary
Tempted to get 2x of the 55 inches for $477.
I despite roku so I need to buy chrome cast with google tv so I add that to the cost.

Anyone might have an idea how this compares to the 55 inches Sansui

SANSUI ES55S1A 55" UHD HDR Smart TV Television 55 inch with Google Assistant (Voice Control), Screen Share, HDMI, USB https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08CB26Q1X/ref ... 6EBD?psc=1
Apr 13, 2017
455 posts
235 upvotes
Are 2-300 nits enough where sunlight won't matter? It's for my mom so she definitely won't be watching HDR. Just 720p/1080p dramas
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
KamS046 wrote: Are 2-300 nits enough where sunlight won't matter? It's for my mom so she definitely won't be watching HDR. Just 720p/1080p dramas
IMO yes. I've used these type of TVs, albeit a similar older model, in a basement and a bedroom and found them to work fine in those settings. Personally I like these alot for basic budget use. PQ is reasonable, sound is typically good for a flat screen and Roku is simple to use for basic smart features.

[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
casperr wrote: Tempted to get 2x of the 55 inches for $477.
I despite roku so I need to buy chrome cast with google tv so I add that to the cost.

SANSUI ES55S1A 55" UHD HDR Smart TV Television 55 inch with Google Assistant (Voice Control), Screen Share, HDMI, USB https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08CB26Q1X/ref ... 6EBD?psc=1
Don't really know much about the Sansui. To be honest I was surprised that someone was using the name to market TVs again. Comments don't seem too bad. One aspect that might be important is whether the Sansui is a VA or IPS panel and which is better for your usage.
These Hisense are VA in most screen sizes I believe.
Some other aspects to consider IMO are exchangability and durabilty.
Whichever way you go there is a significant chance that you may need to exchange a TV to get an acceptable panel without bad pixels or significant DSE. With these kind of budget TVs and TVs in general these days the chances of a failure post warranty are lot higher than they used to be, IMO, so some kind of an extended warranty is probably advisable. If not too expensive.
BTW if you decide to go the Costco route the 58" did not go up in price yet, so you get an extra 3" for +$20, if you have the room, and the 5year EW is still at $30 sub $500.

Nov 25, 2002
257 posts
87 upvotes
Vancouver
casperr wrote: Tempted to get 2x of the 55 inches for $477.

I see a $80 coupon on your link now which brings price down too. Not for me as I'm looking for a 75inch tv.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)