Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Hisense 65" 4K ROKU TV - $499.97 In Store YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 5:55 pm
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1928 posts
2774 upvotes
Halifax
seblep wrote: Hello I notice slight banding in my tv. Can you guys let me know if this is normal on the cheaper model or if mine is defective?
Pictures are a bit worst than actual.

Thank you
thelasthunter wrote: That looks pretty severe. It's a dud. I'd return it.
if you like the tv, live with it. They all look like that due to the led array. It's not a dud.

turn the brightness down, calibrate tv and then decide if you want it or not, but replacing it won't fix it.

personally, i very rarely watch blank uniform screens, and after calibration can only rarely notice the outside banding, but if you like to watch blank screens, it may be a problem ;) I am kidding.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah that's uniformity issues which is common in lower priced models.

Three main keys to note for lower end TV's is:
1. Uniformity issues
2. Dirty screen effect
3. Degrading viewing angles

Not sure if that one looks to be defective, it might be, if others can chime in then you'll have a better idea if it is or not.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1990 posts
1047 upvotes
Winnipeg
seblep wrote: Hello I notice slight banding in my tv. Can you guys let me know if this is normal on the cheaper model or if mine is defective?

Thank you
It only matters if you can see it with regular content.
Lorenzo
Jan 16, 2014
22 posts
4 upvotes
I have seen it watching regular content (Cable tv and Netflix) after calibrating with the specs in this forum. It is noticed every once in a while. My wife can’t see it. Then I went looking for it with banding test off YouTube. I wasn’t sure if it was normal or not, seems like the general consensus is that it is normal in those cheaper tv. This one replaced a cheap 55 Element tv and had never seen that’s type of defect. I have no clue what to do.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1722 posts
1627 upvotes
St Catharines
seblep wrote: I have seen it watching regular content (Cable tv and Netflix) after calibrating with the specs in this forum. It is noticed every once in a while. My wife can’t see it. Then I went looking for it with banding test off YouTube. I wasn’t sure if it was normal or not, seems like the general consensus is that it is normal in those cheaper tv. This one replaced a cheap 55 Element tv and had never seen that’s type of defect. I have no clue what to do.
If you're unhappy with it, take it back. If it's not too much of a hassle, you could try another one if they have more, this is the infamous "panel lottery" talked about in many TV threads. Otherwise, you may have to buy a better quality TV at a higher cost to ensure you won't have this issue.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
1444 posts
602 upvotes
Montreal

Thank you
Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes keep it 1 year if you accept TV quality. Just only 500, you can get OLED 65 lower than 2000 next year.

or you go for 65C8 (Amazon 2600+TAX) now.
Jan 16, 2014
22 posts
4 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Lowering the brightness should reduce uniformity issues, it's only on some content that it shows, I noticed it in bright sky colors with a different model TV.
Same here, only sometimes on a bright/light colour scene where the camera is panning...

Seems normal for this kind of screen... wonder if the Costco warranty would give me a new same tv since it isn’t in stock anymore...
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
seblep wrote: Same here, only sometimes on a bright/light colour scene where the camera is panning...

Seems normal for this kind of screen... wonder if the Costco warranty would give me a new same tv since it isn’t in stock anymore...
They won't upgrade you if that's what you're asking, you'd just get a full refund.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
1444 posts
602 upvotes
Montreal
I saw Hisense 55R6107 only 409 in Costco Bridge ...... But I need 65 inch, I picked up TCL 65R613CA....10 inch need pay more than double Crying Face

For picture quality, 613CA much better than 6107.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
i ended up buying this tv for 499.97 -- it wont fit in my particular spot

if anyone would like to buy it off me for what i paid please let me know

otherwise i'll return it
it's still in the box - never removed
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1458 posts
1000 upvotes
milolai wrote: i ended up buying this tv for 499.97 -- it wont fit in my particular spot

otherwise i'll return it
where are you located?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1413 posts
630 upvotes
When I registered with Asurion this is my protection, which cannot be correct....

Purchased from: COSTCO CANADA
Purchase date: August 07, 2019
Purchase price: $499.97

Manufacturer will cover the costs of:
Parts until August 06, 2023
days remaining
Labor until August 06, 2023
days remaining

This plan covers cost of parts and labor until August 06, 2026
days remaining
Apr 5, 2009
198 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
dunlop wrote: When I registered with Asurion this is my protection, which cannot be correct....

Purchased from: COSTCO CANADA
Purchase date: August 07, 2019
Purchase price: $499.97

Manufacturer will cover the costs of:
Parts until August 06, 2023
days remaining
Labor until August 06, 2023
days remaining

This plan covers cost of parts and labor until August 06, 2026
days remaining
hi what is the email header for registering the warranty when buying it from costco website? i bought it but was not charged so not sure if i got the email or not.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2018
5768 posts
3264 upvotes
milolai wrote: i ended up buying this tv for 499.97 -- it wont fit in my particular spot

otherwise i'll return it

PM me
Please
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes

otherwise i'll return it
sorry i sold it here already
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1413 posts
630 upvotes
trowax31 wrote: hi what is the email header for registering the warranty when buying it from costco website? i bought it but was not charged so not sure if i got the email or not.
No email, when you buy the tv and add the warranty they will give you a pamphlet with the instructions of how to register.

If you didn't buy the extended warranty, I believe you still can. For $30 it is a steal

Edit: sorry think I misunderstood. I purchased mine from the store. This should help you

https://www.costco.ca/Excellence-Plus%2 ... 70662.html
Jun 24, 2015
52 posts
27 upvotes
Markham, ON
Changed my mind, anyone want mine? Still sealed, PM me.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Mine has banding issues too. I can sometimes see it in regular viewing in dark scenes. Game of Thrones, which has a ton of dark scenes.

It's a bit annoying but I am reminded of the $500 price point, there's nothing comparable to this below $750 plus tax, so I will live with it and appreciate the money saved. People who are sticklers for screen quality though should stay away from these cheap panels.

If mine gets worse over time I will just return it to Costco.
Last edited by Kurtz7834 on Aug 19th, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
What are your preferred settings for this TV? What's the best way to calibrate the display? I own it and I'm struggling to get settings to my liking.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)