[OP]
Dec 26, 2010
338 posts
268 upvotes

[Costco] Hisense 75 in. 4K Android Smart Television 75A68G - $899

The Hisense 75A68G is currently $899 at Costco and other retailers

60Hz, no local dimming, no frills TV, but decent for the price/size

User reviews on Bestbuy.com seem pretty good

$59 eligible for additional 3 years (5 years total) through Costco...always a plus ;)
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 21st, 2022 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added details to title
Thread Summary
If you're shopping for more options, take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best 4K HDR smart TVs!
152 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
22719 posts
10529 upvotes
Toronto
Having exited the TV market for several years, I have no idea what "Hisense" is? Anyone speak about this company? Budget brand?
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1237 posts
4977 upvotes
Van Isle
DaVibe wrote: Having exited the TV market for several years, I have no idea what "Hisense" is? Anyone speak about this company? Budget brand?
Google is your friend grasshopperWinking Face
Militant Atheist....There's no goddamn god goddamn it
Apr 13, 2008
259 posts
404 upvotes
Bancroft
katwittfan wrote: Google is your friend grasshopperWinking Face
Maybe he doesn't have internet!! You never thought of that, did you?!
[OP]
Dec 26, 2010
338 posts
268 upvotes
eebest wrote: Maybe he doesn't have internet!! You never thought of that, did you?!
Can't post here with snail mail...Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11679 posts
5687 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Having exited the TV market for several years, I have no idea what "Hisense" is? Anyone speak about this company? Budget brand?
1) Google the name and see what comes up
www.google.ca

2) What brand is Hisense ? Is this brand any good?

Here you go https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=is+Hisen ... d+tv+brand

Now quick answer Yes they make some good stuff and some crap. This is there lower end tv but still decent for the price and if you dont want to spend much then sure its a good deal.
Last edited by blazed16 on Jan 21st, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3607 posts
2544 upvotes
hisense also make kitchen appliances heh heh
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2982 posts
1941 upvotes
Yes they are a budget brand which is why you are getting a 75" smart 4k tv for that price. Having said that there isn't a review anywhere that gives this less than 4/5 so that might be something worth considering. HiSense has been trying to make a name for itself and is succeeding thus far. Same price at Visions with a bonus 2 year warranty and free shipping so you dont even have to get out of your seat to have it... I have the same TV in the 55" and find it to be well worth the money
94 upvotes
London
flamenko wrote: Yes they are a budget brand which is why you are getting a 75" smart 4k tv for that price. Having said that there isn't a review anywhere that gives this less than 4/5 so that might be something worth considering. HiSense has been trying to make a name for itself and is succeeding thus far. Same price at Visions with a bonus 2 year warranty and free shipping so you dont even have to get out of your seat to have it... I have the same TV in the 55" and find it to be well worth the money
Rtings gives this TV a 6.5/10 which isn't really good. That's a 3/5
May 6, 2010
181 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Currently have the U78G not the A model. I am happy with the purchase so far. A few minor things I don't like otherwise for the past 2-3months I've had it, it has been great.
Before this I strictly stuck with Sony. Had 32inch that is still running after 10+ yrs and a 52inch K-model which just crapped the bed after 14yrs or so.
Not relevant I know but thought id share that I was willing to give Hisense a go after the many reviews and research I did prior to landing on a TV
Mar 22, 2020
84 posts
78 upvotes

We have a Hisense 55" TV & have been nothing but impressed so far. So much that we got another one for our gym.

One thing to note is that there are different operating systems with various Hisense TVs (Android TV, Roku & VIDAA).

If you go with a VIDAA & want to stream Disney+ then you'll have to also purchase a firestick or something because it's not compatible & over all quite limited. But Android TV is great & snappy. I can't speak to Roku cause I haven't tried it.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2660 posts
853 upvotes
Chatham
What is the regular price at Costco on this unit?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8293 posts
7186 upvotes
Hisense and TCL are Chinese. They are slowly becoming respected brands like how Samsung and LG did in mid 2000s. Remember there was a time people will buy a Sharp than a Samsung because people think Koreans brands are crap?

That's where Hisense and TCL are today. They have been good bang for the $ for the last 5-6 years and slowly coming up in picture quality in some top end models. Brand recognition may still take a few years and QA is still spotty as some people bought their high end stuff based on review and end up finding flaws.

If you want cheap panels, these brands are the only game in town before you start going even lower with RCA/Skyworth. LG and Samsung has cheapen a lot of their low end stuff still can't beat Chinese brands on price.

The problem today is for most eyes, the difference between a top end panel and a low end panel isn't that big. So most will pick Hisense and TCL and keep money in the pocket.

This screen is pretty large for $900. So if all you care is a large screen and little else, it's a good pick up. But don't be picky about slow refresh and crappy dimming/HDR performance tho. You are getting what you pay for.

TLDR, if I'm buying a low to mid end LG/Samsung/Sony, I may as well buy a low/mid tier Hisense/TCL equivalent and save a couple hundreds. If I'm going for the top end, I will stick with Korean/Japanese... for now.
Last edited by Xtrema on Jan 21st, 2022 1:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jan 4, 2010
291 posts
319 upvotes
Mississauga
moussa747 wrote: Rtings gives this TV a 6.5/10 which isn't really good. That's a 3/5
I'm sorry to do this but isn't it 3.25/5
Jul 3, 2019
311 posts
323 upvotes
Richmond Hill
There was some pretty bad QA issues with mine. Top frame was separating from screen and there was stuck pixels.
You get what you pay for.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1203 posts
1571 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Best of the budget TV's. On the same level as TCL. So better than RCA or something like a Skyworth.

Sony, Samsung, LG, etc. are better, but a lot more expensive.

I have two Hisense TVs that I got for pretty cheap and I've been happy with them. No problems with them. Picture quality looks good to me. The last one I bought has build-in Roku which works well. So I'm a fan of the brand. Will these TVs last 10+ years? No idea. But so far, so good.
Sep 23, 2003
291 posts
75 upvotes
GTA
I have a Hisense 55" from 3 years ago and I am beyond impressed. Only one that I would say is better is Sony. This is way better than my LG. I suspect you will be really happy with the TV.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2935 posts
879 upvotes
Scarborough
One vely [...] audio implementation for the budget lines:

Plug a cable into the headphone jack or the optical(out) would MUTE the tv! I don't need dolby folby to listen to the National! Just an occasional action jackson.....
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 21st, 2022 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't use that term
Sep 18, 2007
111 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
[...]

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense

This particular model is an entry level budget model, but it's a good option for people who don't care about all the extra features. Hisense has made some of the best rated tvs with the lowest price points last year.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 21st, 2022 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: quote and part of your response removed
Koodo $40/11GB (6GB + 5GB Bonus)
Dec 31, 2012
16 posts
6 upvotes
Ive got a 65", love it - I bought it a couple of years ago thanks to RFD. The panels on some apparently are Toshiba. The picture is great once calibrated properly. Its no OLED but it also was only ~600 bucks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)