Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Hisense 75 in. 4K Android Smart Television 75A68G - $899

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2022 6:40 pm
Tags:
Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2006
453 posts
267 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: hisense also make kitchen appliances heh heh
I realize you are just a giant troll and likely already know this, but guess who else makes kitchen appliances (and other general household appliances) in addition to televisions?
  • LG
  • Samsung
  • TCL
  • Panasonic
  • Sony (don't believe me? Look it up)
Is Hisense as reliable as some of the major brands? According to Consumer Reports, no, but I have experienced warranty issues with a Hisense TV and they stood behind their product with minimal fuss. If I was purchasing a Hisense TV at Costco (especially with an extended warranty), I'd have zero concerns.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5316 posts
2449 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: People who post on TV threads on forums do. General users don't. Plenty people won't put a Hisense or TCL in their living room because they don't want guests to ask if they are poor or something. That's why LG/Samsung's inferior low end still outsell Hisense/TCL in North America.

Hisense and TCL is being carried by Costco and Walmart mostly. Sometimes it's not hard to find them in Bestbuy or even local chains. Their footprint is just as wide.

BUT.... the brand building is still years away. It's hard. Just like Hyundai and Kia it still perceived as inferior cars by a lot of people. People are still bitching about shitty Sharp TVs when Hisense acquired them and put their panels under a Sharp logo. It's hard to get rid of the low end image.
you have 7000+ posts on RFD, you must be poor.

how can you possibly assume someone's wealth based on a single brand they might have/use. i sure hope you have simplehuman trash cans, soap dispeners, drive a Bugatti and only wear Rolex.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8296 posts
7197 upvotes
trinxified wrote: I mean if you're hanging around people or have guests that will think you're poor because of a TV brand, then that's just very shallow of them.

Though I get what you're saying and understand why people pay for the higher-end brands with anything.
Same reason why people buy a BMW 1/2 series or MB A/B series that's basically a Corolla with a fancy badge. There are a lot of people that cares about the badge then real performance of the product.
DogeMusk wrote: you have 7000+ posts on RFD, you must be poor.

how can you possibly assume someone's wealth based on a single brand they might have/use. i sure hope you have simplehuman trash cans, soap dispeners, drive a Bugatti and only wear Rolex.
I know that comment will touch a nerve but deep in your heart, you know I'm right and there are people that are vain and purely choose a product based on branding and appearance.

And I'm not saying Hisense/TCL won't breakout of the budget image. Samsung and LG did it. But it ain't easy.
sterdeus wrote: I guess I'm in the minority? I have a Haier in my livingroom and RCA in my bedroom. PQ and usability is adequate for my family and we use TVs for 5+ hours a day. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Hisense, they seem like decent TVs. I prefer to spend less on depreciating assets, as long as we take care of them and they have a decent track record.
I also have a 49" Haier in a guest bedroom which I repurposed as a work monitor when pandemic started. I don't really give a shit what people think either.
Last edited by Xtrema on Jan 21st, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Jun 1, 2016
1553 posts
3974 upvotes
U4IA wrote: Wow, we paid $647 for that tv back in Dec. But still worth it, no issues so far. Wife is not that picky on picture quality but i have no complaints. I find the built in apps work as good as my shield so we repurposed it to another tv.

Also have a 65" hisense about 2 years old from Costco, also no issues.
Yeah it was the same deal I bought, we got a sign up promo code with Costco
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11452 posts
6636 upvotes
Paris
Infiverse wrote: There was some pretty bad QA issues with mine. Top frame was separating from screen and there was stuck pixels.
You get what you pay for.
Yes you do. And for $1000 all in you get a massive 75” TV. I am considering this for our downstairs space at the cottage as my kids become teens and need a hang out space.

This is my C1 OLED, but would work in a space like that.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
2050 posts
734 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Having exited the TV market for several years, I have no idea what "Hisense" is? Anyone speak about this company? Budget brand?
Is this your first time on the internet since 2015?
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
2050 posts
734 upvotes
rubberlock wrote: I would say Vizio was higher quality, made in US. Hisense is Chinese. I've had the 65" for 4 years now, been very happy with it. Not super great quality but my eyes aren't really that great so works for me :)

I like the fact that this is Android TV, not Roku.
No thanks. Hisense 4 eva
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1932 posts
662 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Having exited the TV market for several years, I have no idea what "Hisense" is? Anyone speak about this company? Budget brand?
I think Hisense used to be Sharp America. Sharp Aquos TV used to be one of the best LCD TV several years ago. How soon we forget. Now owned by a Chinese company, Hisense.
No wonder Sharp suddenly disappeared
Newbie
Apr 11, 2013
75 posts
99 upvotes
Honestly people need to stop comparing apples to oranges. Don't compare this with a 3k OLED and call this crap.

I have the 55, got it for under $500. Zero complaints.. I'm actually shocked at the quality and product for that price.
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2016
829 posts
719 upvotes
Thank you.
allodds wrote: Honestly people need to stop comparing apples to oranges. Don't compare this with a 3k OLED and call this crap.

I have the 55, got it for under $500. Zero complaints.. I'm actually shocked at the quality and product for that price.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 18, 2006
3315 posts
2155 upvotes
Pothole city
I have 2 65" Hisense. A 9809 from 2019 and U8GR that I bought at Costco. My only complaint with 9809 is the Android TV slow and buggy. I spent the 50$ and bought a Fire 4K max.
The other one is too new to have anything to say, but my appreciation for the brand made me buy a second one.
Best bang for the buck.
__________________________________________________________________
In the EV world, range is just an expensive option!
Range anxiety is an expensive problem...
Newbie
Aug 27, 2015
94 posts
39 upvotes
Sherwood Park
Got a Hisense Roku 75R61G just over a year ago, zero complaints. $900 might not get you the best TV there is, but it's more than enough for me.

Used to chase the videophile type options in a former life (pre kids...), but at $900 for a 75", I took a chance and don't regret it in the slightest.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2005
1265 posts
264 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
ryecatcher wrote: I realize you are just a giant troll and likely already know this, but guess who else makes kitchen appliances (and other general household appliances) in addition to televisions?
  • LG
  • Samsung
  • TCL
  • Panasonic
  • Sony (don't believe me? Look it up)
Interesting.
Hyundai also. What, never heard of Hyundai TVs you say? I bought my first flat screen TV from Home Depot(!), a 40" Hyundai, because it was the first flat screen TV of that size that sold for less than a grand. Everyone was impressed I tell you ;-). Fortunately I also bought the extended warranty which came in handy when it died in a little over a year. The warranty company apparently couldn't find a repair technician in all of Canada so that was an automatic full refund.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2153 posts
2152 upvotes
Ottawa
eebest wrote: Maybe he doesn't have internet!! You never thought of that, did you?!
Well, good thing smart TVs can have browsers then!
Newbie
Dec 15, 2020
29 posts
27 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: I know that comment will touch a nerve but deep in your heart, you know I'm right and there are people that are vain and purely choose a product based on branding and appearance.
I know someone close to me that wants to by a Dyson because "people look at that". I don't give a shit, as long as the vacuum does the job I'm happy.

As for this TV, I'm looking for a 65inch myself so this does not work but I think it is a great deal for a 75inch.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 25, 2001
3070 posts
1181 upvotes
Toronto
Did I miss anyone posting if it's cheaper in store?
RFD OG 20+ years
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2011
5965 posts
3325 upvotes
cannon_fodder wrote: Did I miss anyone posting if it's cheaper in store?
Not carried in-store apparently. Could be different in other places but I asked.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
22736 posts
10557 upvotes
Toronto
Shadow Rider wrote: Is this your first time on the internet since 2015?
For TV's, yes. I bought my Panasonic Plasma from Target off a RFD deal at Target and it's still kicking today. Why would I replace something that isn't broken?

So no, never heard of Hisense.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares

Top