Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Hisense 75 in. 4K Android Smart Television 75A68G - $899

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2022 6:40 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2317 posts
898 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Bought a Hisense 65R63G on Dec 30(I didn't want to spend much on a TV which would be used for about only 4 hours in the weekend) . Since day1, the TV has 3 red solid circles with 6mm diameter on black/gray background. Costco didn't have stock any more. Had to return it.
Now the big box with TV inside is sitting at my living room, waiting to be picked upAngry Face
Sr. Member
Jan 2, 2014
802 posts
499 upvotes
meszialbin wrote: my tv died on me a few weeks ago and have been constantly looking to find something on a good deal.

can anyone comment on this hisense?

https://www.costco.ca/hisense-55-in.-4k ... 11642.html

should I get this? or is there a likely deal coming soon that I should wait for? ( don't have the budget for $1000+ tv tbh)
This is apparently pretty decent as long as you calibrate it. It's not going to be a x90j but if you're not a videophile or someone who watches it mostly isn't going to be concerned with it being the highest it'll be fine.

If you can hold out maybe a week or two more - you may be able to find it for cheaper with superbowl coming up last year models should start to be discounted as we're seeing in the USA already
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
8946 posts
1503 upvotes
TO
MrBigNose wrote: Bought a Hisense 65R63G on Dec 30(I didn't want to spend much on a TV which would be used for about only 4 hours in the weekend) . Since day1, the TV has 3 red solid circles with 6mm diameter on black/gray background. Costco didn't have stock any more. Had to return it.
Now the big box with TV inside is sitting at my living room, waiting to be picked upAngry Face
Did they notcome out to service if its under 1 year warranty or if with costco in home service ? Curios because I'm concerned myself I havea small sedan and don't want to hassle with returning.

How long does it take costco to pickup?
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Member
Jun 8, 2019
415 posts
528 upvotes
katwittfan wrote: Google is your friend grasshopperWinking Face
Maybe he wants some real user feedback rather than some Affiliate website jammed with "buy now" or "check price" links?
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2317 posts
898 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
TorontoEh wrote: Did they notcome out to service if its under 1 year warranty or if with costco in home service ? Curios because I'm concerned myself I havea small sedan and don't want to hassle with returning.

How long does it take costco to pickup?
COSTCO will have their courier partner send someone to pick it up. May need to wait for 4~8 weeksDisappointed Face

Update on Feb 2:
Someone came to my home today to pick up the TV (to return to COSTCO). It's only 2 weeks after I called COSTCO to return the TV on Jan 19. I'm impressed by the service.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Last edited by MrBigNose on Feb 2nd, 2022 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1788 posts
3494 upvotes
katwittfan wrote: Google is your friend grasshopperWinking Face
eebest wrote: Maybe he doesn't have internet!! You never thought of that, did you?!
Maybe he doesn't know what Google is so maybe he should google what Google is first
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Sr. Member
Oct 16, 2007
980 posts
1271 upvotes
Montr
I thought about buying this TV for the kids for the gaming (Playstation) but it was rated mediocre on Rtings mostly due to imput lag.

Back to square one i guess
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 10, 2005
2473 posts
622 upvotes
Just for those that said Samsung is better. I'm buying this to replace my dying 58" Samsung. I will no longer be buying anymore Samsung appliance. I have many (all) of my appliances are Samsung. they all have major flaws and design is not ergonomic.
King of the farm
Newbie
Aug 27, 2015
94 posts
39 upvotes
Sherwood Park
frederixx wrote: I thought about buying this TV for the kids for the gaming (Playstation) but it was rated mediocre on Rtings mostly due to imput lag.

Back to square one i guess
My son plays X-Box on it all the time, I can't find any issues with the model I have (I did not compare every model, FWIW).

For reference, I am a PC gamer and expect a lot from graphics :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6712 posts
2397 upvotes
Hi sense used to make just entry level crap but are now expanding into higher quality products. Just use rtings.com and you'll know what is decent and what is not.

I have this tv and it's quite good for the price. I don't watch a lot of TV so can't be bothered to spend a ton of money on a tv, and I have my projector in the basement as well.
Sr. Member
Oct 16, 2007
980 posts
1271 upvotes
Montr
Canuck38 wrote: My son plays X-Box on it all the time, I can't find any issues with the model I have (I did not compare every model, FWIW).

For reference, I am a PC gamer and expect a lot from graphics :)
You have that exact same model?

After some research, i think i'll go with another Hisense from Costco: 65U6GR

It's the same price, but you get the 65 instead of 75. Much better overall ratings though. Just not 100% sure yet :D
Jr. Member
May 28, 2018
174 posts
223 upvotes
Just wanted to chime in that unless they changed it from last year's model (75r61g), the 75" size is the only one in the lineup that comes with an IPS panel. This is not mentioned anywhere in the specs, or wasn't last year. Every other size in the lineup was VA, and much better contrast ratio and picture quality, even for a budget TV.

Do with that info what you must but while I liked the TV to an extent, the dark light performance was poor and I felt misled. You wouldn't notice in a brightly lit room probably. Not saying it's still not a good deal but you can look into VA vs IPS and decide for yourself. Or just don't look into anything at all and enjoy the TV.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 21, 2006
2660 posts
853 upvotes
Chatham
When you order the 3 year warranty from Costco with this TV, do you have to register it somehow? What's the process?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
Tibbs wrote: When you order the 3 year warranty from Costco with this TV, do you have to register it somehow? What's the process?
You can register it, but you don't really have to, as long as you retain the pertinent info like receipt/order number etc.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote: Did they notcome out to service if its under 1 year warranty or if with costco in home service ? Curios because I'm concerned myself I havea small sedan and don't want to hassle with returning.

How long does it take costco to pickup?
Costco pays for return shipping, of Online TV orders, even if it is returned, without a defect, and it is In Home Service for years 1-5, for larger sizes, if defective. Seems like he is just returning it for a refund, though. You have a 90 day return window at Costco, so an exchange is often easier, if possible, especially if the problem is screen related, like Dirty Screen Effect, as that is a common fault and cannot be repaired easily.
I had a similar situation a couple of years back. I had a Hisense 55" R6 that had some significant DSE, not horrible, but noticeable, like many LED TV's, so I booked a return and reordered a 58R6" for almost the same price. The 58" had a nearly perfect panel, so I kept it. I got my refund on the 55" and they never came to pick it up. So I got a second, slightly imperfect, but fully functional TV for free. That might be a rarity though.
As far as warranty repairs go, my 58" recently failed just into the 3rd year. On the strength of filing a claim with some pics and and a fault description, Assurion, is issuing me a full refund, without a tech visit or any talk of returning the defective TV. Not sure how Costco would handle things if the TV had died in the first 2 years though. Rather than being put off by this, I am quite happy about it, and will buy another Hisense, with another 5 year warranty. I really like these for budget TV's, and quality control/durability are not what they were 10 years ago for any brand including Sony, Samsung and LG, so buying a good inexpensive brand w/ cheap warranty, and expecting a 3-5 year life span is a reasonable strategy, IMO. Think of it like a lifetime upgrade policy, if the TV's all fail within 5 years.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Jr. Member
Sep 16, 2014
188 posts
95 upvotes
Vancouver
this works for me. Got a TCL 65" for $550 or something from Walmart from a post several years back. Already developing lines and I like the previous post about getting these non Sony/Samsung low cost TVs, buying the 5 yr warranty and just swapping them out every 4-5 years.
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2012
717 posts
1005 upvotes
Ontario
DaVibe wrote: Having exited the TV market for several years, I have no idea what "Hisense" is? Anyone speak about this company? Budget brand?
Hisense is just as good as lg or Samsung. Can't tell the difference. Back when there were tv wars between plasma and LCD....picture and contract were apparent. Led LCD it's not obvious unless you go OLED. To the regular eye it's all the same shit.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
22768 posts
10592 upvotes
Toronto
micromen wrote: Hisense is just as good as lg or Samsung. Can't tell the difference. Back when there were tv wars between plasma and LCD....picture and contract were apparent. Led LCD it's not obvious unless you go OLED. To the regular eye it's all the same shit.
TV prices seem to be all over the place these days lol
If you want to spend $3k, you can

So much for not being able to tell with the naked eye LOL
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2011
5971 posts
3328 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: Costco pays for return shipping, of Online TV orders, even if it is returned, without a defect, and it is In Home Service for years 1-5, for larger sizes, if defective. Seems like he is just returning it for a refund, though. You have a 90 day return window at Costco, so an exchange is often easier, if possible, especially if the problem is screen related, like Dirty Screen Effect, as that is a common fault and cannot be repaired easily.
I had a similar situation a couple of years back. I had a Hisense 55" R6 that had some significant DSE, not horrible, but noticeable, like many LED TV's, so I booked a return and reordered a 58R6" for almost the same price. The 58" had a nearly perfect panel, so I kept it. I got my refund on the 55" and they never came to pick it up. So I got a second, slightly imperfect, but fully functional TV for free. That might be a rarity though.
As far as warranty repairs go, my 58" recently failed just into the 3rd year. On the strength of filing a claim with some pics and and a fault description, Assurion, is issuing me a full refund, without a tech visit or any talk of returning the defective TV. Not sure how Costco would handle things if the TV had died in the first 2 years though. Rather than being put off by this, I am quite happy about it, and will buy another Hisense, with another 5 year warranty. I really like these for budget TV's, and quality control/durability are not what they were 10 years ago for any brand including Sony, Samsung and LG, so buying a good inexpensive brand w/ cheap warranty, and expecting a 3-5 year life span is a reasonable strategy, IMO. Think of it like a lifetime upgrade policy, if the TV's all fail within 5 years.
you got to keep the defective TV too?

Top