Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Hisense HS218 2.1 ch Soundbar - 99.97 now!!!

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2022 10:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 3, 2019
1458 posts
3283 upvotes
Canada

[Costco] Hisense HS218 2.1 ch Soundbar - 99.97 now!!!

Looks like pretty good value with above average reviews (3.6/5).

Sells for 229.90 on Amazon.ca : https://www.amazon.ca/Hisense-HS218-Sou ... B08GYPY2K5 with pretty decent reviews.

412 units left as of posting this post.

Edit on June 8: for the people who bought it the first time, GO PRICE ADJUST!!!
Images
  • imageService (1).jpg
  • imageService (3).jpg
  • imageService.jpg
Last edited by Jackji on Jun 8th, 2021 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Live a little
149 replies
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 1, 2018
129 posts
129 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Thanks OP, seems worth a shot at this price point. I actually bought a Vizio soundbar on sale from Costco around this same price in early 2020, and the subwoofer has started cutting in and out and sounding broken. Of course it's a few months past the 1 year warranty and I didn't think to use a MC that doubles the warranty at the time, but I suspect Costco's return policy will still cover this since it's barely over a year old. So I'll give this one a go instead, hoping someone who already owns this can provide a review.
Banned
User avatar
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
513 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I support Hisense. If they could make their TV as good as Sony that be even better
Banned
User avatar
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2576 upvotes
How does this compare to Sonos Arc for listening to news and watching sports? I mean how much worse is this?
Sr. Member
Dec 12, 2009
626 posts
72 upvotes
RoyF482 wrote: I support Hisense. If they could make their TV as good as Sony that be even better
Already have
Member
User avatar
Feb 17, 2013
238 posts
92 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
the 5.1.2 channel soundbar on sale as well for 399.97 and I bought it for 599.99 in December 2020. It is well worth the money, supports Dolby atmos.
Sr. Member
Oct 2, 2019
741 posts
634 upvotes
Nunavut
Anyone use this as a computer speaker?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 1, 2006
1552 posts
823 upvotes
Edmonton
I picked one up last week and it arrived yesterday - same price.

Its a decent sounding unit, but a couple big negatives:

- As one reviewer mentions, its "low" volume levels are still quite loud.
- The auto-standby feature is annoying (ie if you pause a show for a bit, soundbar will go into standby and take 10-15 secs to boot back on when it detects sound signal again
- The mounting points for wall/bracket mount are on the far ends of the soundbar, which really limits a lot of TV mounted options.
Member
User avatar
Jun 22, 2007
242 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Carbo wrote: I picked one up last week and it arrived yesterday - same price.

Its a decent sounding unit, but a couple big negatives:

- As one reviewer mentions, its "low" volume levels are still quite loud.
- The auto-standby feature is annoying (ie if you pause a show for a bit, soundbar will go into standby and take 10-15 secs to boot back on when it detects sound signal again
- The mounting points for wall/bracket mount are on the far ends of the soundbar, which really limits a lot of TV mounted options.
Damn it lol. I ordered this just to mount it on my TV using the universal mounting brackets from Prime Cable. My 10-year-old Samsung Sound Bar only has a wall mount option, not mountable onto the TV.
Member
Dec 10, 2005
289 posts
91 upvotes
I got this a few months ago.

It's only OK for me.

The lowest volume level is approx 3x louder than I would want. Same goes for the bass, lowest levels still too much rumble.
Not very good for bedroom setup (which is what im using it for), but may be acceptable for a more living room environment.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
4701 posts
7270 upvotes
BC
zing31 wrote: Thanks OP, seems worth a shot at this price point. I actually bought a Vizio soundbar on sale from Costco around this same price in early 2020, and the subwoofer has started cutting in and out and sounding broken. Of course it's a few months past the 1 year warranty and I didn't think to use a MC that doubles the warranty at the time, but I suspect Costco's return policy will still cover this since it's barely over a year old. So I'll give this one a go instead, hoping someone who already owns this can provide a review.
Just take it back to Costco, shouldn't be an issue. Same thing happened for me after 1.5yrs, returned and bought another one right away because it's still good value and hard to beat
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 3, 2019
1458 posts
3283 upvotes
Canada
akravator wrote: I got this a few months ago.

It's only OK for me.

The lowest volume level is approx 3x louder than I would want. Same goes for the bass, lowest levels still too much rumble.
Not very good for bedroom setup (which is what im using it for), but may be acceptable for a more living room environment.
Whew, I needed this for my living room. I think it's important to constantly keep in mind the price point...there are some soundbars/subwoofers at 1000s range, so my expectations aren't gonna be at that level.
Live a little
Jr. Member
Jul 22, 2020
138 posts
167 upvotes
I have this unit in my backyard gaming cottage (approx 100 square feet) that is perfectly rectangular and this unit is definitely a good value imo and fills the space with sound quite nicely. Like another poster said It is quite loud and boomy even on low settings, but if that is not too much of a concern it does make an excellent gaming unit. Voices can get muddled up by the bass but it does have bass and treble adjustment to even everything out. With the "Dolby Audio" setting on I find it to sound pretty great for the price. Definitely 1000x better than tv speakers.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2351 posts
115 upvotes
Montreal
Carbo wrote: - The auto-standby feature is annoying (ie if you pause a show for a bit, soundbar will go into standby and take 10-15 secs to boot back on when it detects sound signal again
Does it take 10-15 seconds to boot up each time?

Ex: I turn on the TV (from sleep mode) to watch a TV show, will it takes 10-15 seconda before I have sound?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2254 posts
1758 upvotes
Canada
vpower wrote: Does it take 10-15 seconds to boot up each time?

Ex: I turn on the TV (from sleep mode) to watch a TV show, will it takes 10-15 seconda before I have sound?

Thanks
I’ve had this sound bar for a few months... mine does not have an “auto-standby” and will stay on until I turn it off. The delay is about 3 seconds for me from the time I turn it on until I have volume.

The high volume at the lowest with lack of more controlled reduction to lower volumes has me super annoyed to the point I disconnected it yesterday. I’m past the return period and wish I took it back. The sound quality is honestly very good for the price, but the volume issue alone drives me mental especially at night. Also, the Bluetooth range is awful, have a pretty open concept place and I can’t get more than 20ft without distortion.
Sr. Member
Sep 26, 2015
638 posts
316 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: I’ve had this sound bar for a few months... mine does not have an “auto-standby” and will stay on until I turn it off. The delay is about 3 seconds for me from the time I turn it on until I have volume.

The high volume at the lowest with lack of more controlled reduction to lower volumes has me super annoyed to the point I disconnected it yesterday. I’m past the return period and wish I took it back. The sound quality is honestly very good for the price, but the volume issue alone drives me mental especially at night. Also, the Bluetooth range is awful, have a pretty open concept place and I can’t get more than 20ft without distortion.
Costco takes nearly anything back...even after a few months you should be able to return it no problem
Jr. Member
Aug 30, 2009
194 posts
203 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
robbyp17 wrote: the 5.1.2 channel soundbar on sale as well for 399.97 and I bought it for 599.99 in December 2020. It is well worth the money, supports Dolby atmos.
Hello! Is the HS512 (https://www.costco.ca/hisense-hs512-5.1 ... 80214.html) also quite loud at the lowest volume setting?

Generic question -- I'm a bit thrown off that the HS512 has rear speakers built into the soundbar. Is it a common trend? I'm getting fed up that the (otherwise great and has built-in Chromecast which we use multiple times a week) Vizio 5.1 soundbar turns off randomly, would like to replace it, but at least Vizio has remote rear speakers.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)