[Costco] Hisense Q7G 55'' 4K ULED TV $597 w/ FS

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2020 12:20 pm
[OP]
Jan 3, 2017
122 posts
144 upvotes

[Costco] Hisense Q7G 55'' 4K ULED TV $597 w/ FS

Don't flame me for this one because its not a sale price. But based on some research and endless discussions on the RFD tv forums, this looks to be such a promising TV at this price point.

Some features to note:

Full array local dimming (72 dimming zones)
Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos
Great speakers (for a tv)
Chromecast built in
4 HDMI 2.0
Decently bright (enough for most people at 700 nts)
Modern design + cable management
Picture quality should be very similar to Q8G which has great reviews

This TV is not for you if you need a very bright tv or want to watch in a super bright space. Probably not for pro gamers either as the response time is average.

That being said, great value for money as Q8G is reviewed very well and the only difference between the two is WCG.

EDIT: Costco dropped their prices on this to match Walmart + still free shipping - great deal @$597.99!
Last edited by Inter01fan on Jun 6th, 2020 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
214 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1783 posts
1214 upvotes
Also to justify your own purchase of it. Winking Face

18 units left.
[OP]
Jan 3, 2017
122 posts
144 upvotes
If the interest on RFD is half as high as I think it is, this one should fly off the shelves lol
Last edited by Inter01fan on Jun 1st, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jan 3, 2017
122 posts
144 upvotes
Chewfam wrote: Also to justify your own purchase of it. Winking Face

18 units left.
If the interest for it on RFD is half as high as I think it is, this one should fly off the shelves lol
Last edited by Inter01fan on Jun 1st, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3326 posts
1812 upvotes
Toronto
Inter01fan wrote: Yeah - I had to bite for the Costco warranty though
tempting, but I have enough will power for now to wait for BTS and BF deals lol
Jun 10, 2014
99 posts
21 upvotes
West Vancouver, BC
As someone who doesn't know anything about TVs, everytime i go to costco and look at the tvs, all my hisense, tcl, vizio tvs on display always look so dull and non-vibrant compared to the samsung, lgs, sonys etc. From what I am reading this seems to be a decent tv for the price, but am worried as the op does mention this is not a bright tv. Would this model be slightly brighter/more vibrant or would i be better off waiting for a deal on a samsung or something?
Feb 25, 2012
30 posts
27 upvotes
CALGARY
I’m wondering why anyone would go for this over the 2020 Q8G at visions for $11 more? I know Costco but with the 2 year visions warranty, wouldn’t that be a much better buy?
Nov 19, 2014
159 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
topher91 wrote: I’m wondering why anyone would go for this over the 2020 Q8G at visions for $11 more? I know Costco but with the 2 year visions warranty, wouldn’t that be a much better buy?
It’s actually $69 more after tax. For people in the market for a bargain TV, that 10% difference probably matters, but I’m with you.
[OP]
Jan 3, 2017
122 posts
144 upvotes
topher91 wrote: I’m wondering why anyone would go for this over the 2020 Q8G at visions for $11 more? I know Costco but with the 2 year visions warranty, wouldn’t that be a much better buy?
This has been the debate on RFD for some time haha. Essentially, they're the same tv.

The 55 inch Q7G and Q8G are identical in every aspect except for one thing: Wide Colour Gamut (WCG); This was also confirmed by Hisense. For most people, you won't be able to tell the difference in colour between the two.

I agree on paper, for 11 dollars more, the Q8G is marginally better, but the Costco assurance sold me because I don't have any personal experience with Visions.
[OP]
Jan 3, 2017
122 posts
144 upvotes
electric0ant wrote: How does this compare to the tcl 6 series?
Similar - but different use cases.

6 series is much brighter so if you want a very bright tv, 6 series is better.

Q7G/Q8G have better grey uniformity and motion handling (aka sports).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

DealEnthusiast9