Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Hisense Q7G 55'' 4K ULED TV $597 w/ FS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2023 6:36 pm
Feb 16, 2016
937 posts
494 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
Is it possible that this tv is now 387$? I was at Costco yesterday and saw a 55' Hisense 4k for that price.

https://www.costco.ca/hisense-55-in.-4k ... 75065.html

Seems to be 398$ online with shipping. Is that a decent tv? Might pull the trigger for a bedroom tv. I hope I'm not hijacking this thread.
Aug 26, 2019
88 posts
79 upvotes
Québec
Are you guys happy with the Q7G?

I'm in the process of returning my second TCL because of DSE (yellow vertical bars) and was looking to get this as a replacement.

Rtings speaking highly of this TV but this thread makes it seem like it's a panel lotto, just like the TCL, which I'd like to avoid.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2709 posts
5163 upvotes
Potrice wrote: Is it possible that this tv is now 387$? I was at Costco yesterday and saw a 55' Hisense 4k for that price.

https://www.costco.ca/hisense-55-in.-4k ... 75065.html

Seems to be 398$ online with shipping. Is that a decent tv? Might pull the trigger for a bedroom tv. I hope I'm not hijacking this thread.
Thats a totally different TV and not the same at all
Rogers 30GB $35
Feb 23, 2006
67 posts
18 upvotes
PaviG57438 wrote: Are you guys happy with the Q7G?

I'm in the process of returning my second TCL because of DSE (yellow vertical bars) and was looking to get this as a replacement.

Rtings speaking highly of this TV but this thread makes it seem like it's a panel lotto, just like the TCL, which I'd like to avoid.

There's some good comparisons here: costco-tcl-65-75-2020-5-series-4k-hdr-r ... #p33975133
For me TCL5 has the yellow border; HisenseQ7G has strong blooming. What can you live with?
Aug 26, 2019
88 posts
79 upvotes
Québec
hip wrote: There's some good comparisons here: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... #p33975133
For me TCL5 has the yellow border; HisenseQ7G has strong blooming. What can you live with?
I was hoping the blooming issue wouldnt bother me, but those pictures don't look promising.

Might end up getting a more expensive TV rather than going through the buying/return hoping for a good one.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2611 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
PaviG57438 wrote: I was hoping the blooming issue wouldnt bother me, but those pictures don't look promising.

Might end up getting a more expensive TV rather than going through the buying/return hoping for a good one.
Had a Q8G and there was zero blooming but there was definitely banding, it was only really distracting when gaming, too distracting for me. Bought an X900H and the side by side difference is staggering... colour alone was worth the jump in price let alone no banding. The Q8G from what I understand is a gem if you calibrate but I am not gonna pay to have the TV calibrated, that’s just dumb. I had the H78 prior to the Q8G and wish I just bucked up and bought the 900H to begin with instead of playing the game. (H78 backlight bleed was worst I have probably seen on an LCD TV.)
Feb 23, 2006
67 posts
18 upvotes
PaviG57438 wrote: I was hoping the blooming issue wouldnt bother me, but those pictures don't look promising.

I find the blooming distracting, but in real life it's not quite as bad as the photos show.
jbone14 wrote: Had a Q8G and there was zero blooming but there was definitely banding, it was only really distracting when gaming, too distracting for me. Bought an X900H and the side by side difference is staggering... colour alone was worth the jump in price let alone no banding. The Q8G from what I understand is a gem if you calibrate but I am not gonna pay to have the TV calibrated, that’s just dumb. I had the H78 prior to the Q8G and wish I just bucked up and bought the 900H to begin with instead of playing the game. (H78 backlight bleed was worst I have probably seen on an LCD TV.)
I was wondering if the Q8G would behave differently with the blooming situation. A reddit user posted that the H8G (US equivalent) is also exhibit excessive blooming on his set. With your Q8G did you do some dark room watching, with high contrast scene? That is when the blooming is most visible.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2611 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
hip wrote: I find the blooming distracting, but in real life it's not quite as bad as the photos show.

I was wondering if the Q8G would behave differently with the blooming situation. A reddit user posted that the H8G (US equivalent) is also exhibit excessive blooming on his set. With your Q8G did you do some dark room watching, with high contrast scene? That is when the blooming is most visible.
I’m pretty picky, not by choice, just seem to notice these types of things but to be completely honest I did NOT notice any issue with blooming. I even did all the “testing” for example using Ozark which is great for contrast and dimming and it was great (people use the subtitles in the black scenes as a test for blooming). I was very impressed with the Q8G but the banding was far too much for me, when you would look around in a game like Uncharted for example, the horizontal lines were almost to the point of frustrating. So nice not having those now. Have to say, the colour thing that many reviewers indicated needed calibrating never really shocked me to the point it was noticeable but like I said side by side you could see it, especially in colour dense shows like Frozen or most Pixar-esque movies. Have to keep expectations in check though too, the 55Q8G was $678... that’s fricken cheap for what it offers. I paid $1089 for 55X900H but it relieved all the “issues” I had... have to weigh what these things are worth to you. I’m not planning on replacing this TV for many years so it made sense to pay more and enjoy it.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3720 posts
1681 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: Had a Q8G and there was zero blooming but there was definitely banding, it was only really distracting when gaming, too distracting for me. Bought an X900H and the side by side difference is staggering... colour alone was worth the jump in price let alone no banding. The Q8G from what I understand is a gem if you calibrate but I am not gonna pay to have the TV calibrated, that’s just dumb. I had the H78 prior to the Q8G and wish I just bucked up and bought the 900H to begin with instead of playing the game. (H78 backlight bleed was worst I have probably seen on an LCD TV.)
It should be noted that I noticed a very large improvement when I changed the advanced color settings. Can't remember what I used anymore maybe it was the rtings.com settings. (Yes I know it wouldn't be exact as every TV is diffferent)

But that would not have fixed your banding issues.
Feb 23, 2006
67 posts
18 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: I’m pretty picky, not by choice, just seem to notice these types of things but to be completely honest I did NOT notice any issue with blooming. I even did all the “testing” for example using Ozark which is great for contrast and dimming and it was great (people use the subtitles in the black scenes as a test for blooming). I was very impressed with the Q8G but the banding was far too much for me
I hear ya...I would rather be gleefully unaware of the issue...but I just cannot ignore the bloom. If my Q7G didn't have the excessive blooming, I would be happy. While the I feel the TCL 5 series still wins in the picture quality, I would have been happy to use this as my main TV, as it has the Android features I'm looking for.

My Q7G can blooming can be seen here. Since the camera overexposes, it's not quite like this in real life, but it's still very noticeable:
https://www.reddit.com/user/horrayhip/c ... animation/

More photo samples:
https://www.reddit.com/user/horrayhip/
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2611 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
hip wrote: I hear ya...I would rather be gleefully unaware of the issue...but I just cannot ignore the bloom. If my Q7G didn't have the excessive blooming, I would be happy. While the I feel the TCL 5 series still wins in the picture quality, I would have been happy to use this as my main TV, as it has the Android features I'm looking for.

My Q7G can blooming can be seen here. Since the camera overexposes, it's not quite like this in real life, but it's still very noticeable:
https://www.reddit.com/user/horrayhip/c ... animation/

More photo samples:
https://www.reddit.com/user/horrayhip/
Wow! That blooming is terrible! My Q8G was the deepest black you could imagine surrounding those jumping dots, absolutely zero blooming, not even in the slightest. That would drive me up the wall...personally. That’s too bad.
Jul 6, 2008
471 posts
171 upvotes
Montreal
Unrelated to this thread's tv, but what is the typical price difference between in-warehouse vs online? If it's a big difference, I might just wait for the end of the QC non-essential restrictions (hoping sometime in February)

Talking specifically about this tv for example https://www.costco.ca/lg-49-in.-smart-4 ... 60771.html
Jan 22, 2018
20 posts
9 upvotes
London
Been happy with mine so far.

A few tips:

lower the brightness/backlight if in a darker room. The default is way too bright.

Adjust the settings based of the rting ones, adjusted towards how bright your room is.

Benefits from some led strips slapped to the back as well.

The pictures above...Pitch black is not ideal for tv viewing...

Get a lamp or two in the room or some kind of ambient lighting., add some light strips to the back and lower the backlight settings. It might help, if not, maybe it's defective. Mine is nowhere near that bad.
Nov 13, 2020
82 posts
12 upvotes
Ordered mine yesterday hopefully it comes in one piece. On sale at Costco right now for $597 till March 18. Was deciding between H7 and the TCL S533 2020
Oct 26, 2009
750 posts
196 upvotes
34leafs wrote: Ordered mine yesterday hopefully it comes in one piece. On sale at Costco right now for $597 till March 18. Was deciding between H7 and the TCL S533 2020
Hate to break it to ya, it's been that price for a while now. It dropped to $577 in Dec. 2020.
Nov 13, 2020
82 posts
12 upvotes
davesnothere wrote: Hate to break it to ya, it's been that price for a while now. It dropped to $577 in Dec. 2020.
I needed a TV anyway seems like the next sale on TVs won’t come anytime soon. Doesn’t Costco have some kind of price protection ?
Sep 15, 2008
184 posts
126 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone has any installation video/ instructions on how to screw the wall mount to the tv? The regular screw that I had used on my LG is smaller for the need and there is a gap between the bracket and the tv due to raised bottom section of the tv.
Jun 2, 2006
303 posts
66 upvotes
Newmarket
Revisiting this thread 2 years later. How many owners had their TV's fail, with the mainboard die?

Mike died the first time after 7 months, and agin yesterday after exactly 1 year to the day after the repair.

Garbage TV's, goggling the internet seems so many owners of this generation of Hisense are in the same boat. Bad for Hisense, lesson learned, never will touch their stuff ever agin.,

If they had admitted the design fault and offered an extended warranty, that wood have been great, but nope. So off to Costco to get a Sony tomorrow.

I also made the mistake of buying it at Walmart, totally on me that one.
Oct 26, 2009
750 posts
196 upvotes
redbulldrinker wrote: Revisiting this thread 2 years later. How many owners had their TV's fail, with the mainboard die?

Mike died the first time after 7 months, and agin yesterday after exactly 1 year to the day after the repair.

Garbage TV's, goggling the internet seems so many owners of this generation of Hisense are in the same boat. Bad for Hisense, lesson learned, never will touch their stuff ever agin.,

If they had admitted the design fault and offered an extended warranty, that wood have been great, but nope. So off to Costco to get a Sony tomorrow.

I also made the mistake of buying it at Walmart, totally on me that one.
We had a problem with the TV not booting up, but that was fixed by updating/rewriting the firmware by the repair people (we bought costco's extended warranty, fortunately). It was apparently a virus/malware from something that we installed that was causing it.

Still we continue to have problems with the wifi turning off by itself at times and the remote lagging.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)