Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Hisense TV's three day sale at Costco

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2019 4:39 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6324 posts
3868 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent app on these TVs for accessing my networked media PC? I find the built in Roku media player to be awful. Ideally I want something that can display my TV shows and Movies a little nicer than just a massive directory listing of everything. Unfortunately there seems to be no Kodi but something similar would be nice. Does anyone know any good apps for this ?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
ChicoQuente wrote: Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent app on these TVs for accessing my networked media PC? I find the built in Roku media player to be awful. Ideally I want something that can display my TV shows and Movies a little nicer than just a massive directory listing of everything. Unfortunately there seems to be no Kodi but something similar would be nice. Does anyone know any good apps for this ?
I haven't used it myself with Roku, but I believe that you can use Plex for Roku. That sounds like what you are looking for. Tiles, graphics and a way to organize it all.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6324 posts
3868 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
idiotcanuck wrote: I haven't used it myself with Roku, but I believe that you can use Plex for Roku. That sounds like what you are looking for. Tiles, graphics and a way to organize it all.
Thanks. While I'm familiar with Plex I've never actually used it. I ended up finding an app called "Emby" and so far it seems pretty good. My testing is minimal though so if it falls through I may finally give Plex a go.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)