[Costco] Hisense TV's three day sale at Costco

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2019 4:39 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2819 posts
569 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent app on these TVs for accessing my networked media PC? I find the built in Roku media player to be awful. Ideally I want something that can display my TV shows and Movies a little nicer than just a massive directory listing of everything. Unfortunately there seems to be no Kodi but something similar would be nice. Does anyone know any good apps for this ?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
9253 posts
3285 upvotes
Toronto
ChicoQuente wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 7:15 pm
Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent app on these TVs for accessing my networked media PC? I find the built in Roku media player to be awful. Ideally I want something that can display my TV shows and Movies a little nicer than just a massive directory listing of everything. Unfortunately there seems to be no Kodi but something similar would be nice. Does anyone know any good apps for this ?
I haven't used it myself with Roku, but I believe that you can use Plex for Roku. That sounds like what you are looking for. Tiles, graphics and a way to organize it all.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really **cking stupid.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2819 posts
569 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
idiotcanuck wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 11:06 am
I haven't used it myself with Roku, but I believe that you can use Plex for Roku. That sounds like what you are looking for. Tiles, graphics and a way to organize it all.
Thanks. While I'm familiar with Plex I've never actually used it. I ended up finding an app called "Emby" and so far it seems pretty good. My testing is minimal though so if it falls through I may finally give Plex a go.