• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2023 10:58 pm
[OP]
Dec 21, 2004
56 posts
51 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] Hisense U68H 55" $464 - in warehouse

When I visited Costco this afternoon, noticed that the Hisense U68H 55" is $180 off, now $464. It looks like a good deal with Costco warranty.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4982 posts
4422 upvotes
50" Costco online goes for $497.99 and 55" (OOS) at $547.99 shipped...
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1477 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
Is it a Smart TV? Built in apps? Looking to compare it to a Fire TV from Amazon in the same type of price range when on sale.
Jan 2, 2014
855 posts
605 upvotes
jumperson22 wrote: Is it a Smart TV? Built in apps? Looking to compare it to a Fire TV from Amazon in the same type of price range when on sale.
Google platform
Jan 21, 2017
470 posts
321 upvotes
chriscabob wrote: It’s a great tv if you get a good panel. Got two of them from amazon during the $350 off $500.

The only downside is they are not the best with fast motion. Otherwise a great tv.
According to the specs, this TV emulates a refresh rate of 240 Hz. If this TV can't handle fast motion, then I wouldn't touch any Hisense TV. Are you sure you are talking about the same model as the OP?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
2548 posts
712 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FYI this TV essentially becomes bricked if you don't sign up for a roku account. As soon as you hook it up to the internet it goes to a screen that wants your email to sign up and it won't let you do anything else, it won't display any content and just keeps going to that same screen.

Returned this [...] trash and bought the samsung instead, it's a worse TV but at least I'm not forced into anything to use it.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 28th, 2023 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported/removed unnecessary content
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
2327 posts
2051 upvotes
Ottawa
Lukus2017 wrote: According to the specs, this TV emulates a refresh rate of 240 Hz. If this TV can't handle fast motion, then I wouldn't touch any Hisense TV. Are you sure you are talking about the same model as the OP?
Lol emulates 240hz it’s a 60hz panel. The fast motion stuff is junk. Turn it off or watch the soap opera effect. Also the poster above spewing about roku has no idea what they are talking about this is a google android tv not Roku.

From the rtings review “The Hisense U6H has an okay response time, but there's noticeable smearing and motion blur with fast-moving objects. The backlight flicker also causes image duplication, as you can see with the trail R behind the logo. The motion handling looks the same in Game Mode as outside of it as the motion blur is still there.”
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
2548 posts
712 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chriscabob wrote: Also the poster above spewing about roku has no idea what they are talking about this is a google android tv not Roku.
I guess this is a slightly different one. The one I bought was 55U6GR at the same price and discount of $180 off.
Nov 9, 2021
5 posts
1 upvote
I just checked Costco kanata. Only 55u6gr roku is available on sale. Same price the thread owner posted.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3371 posts
1753 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm assuming you can plug in a USB keyboard/wireless keyboard into this and it will work since its Google TV? For the Roku it doesn't work, but the roku version has UI that is pretty fast and not full of advertisements.
Oct 4, 2010
873 posts
477 upvotes
Surrey
This does not use Roku.
It is updated for 2022 with Google TV. I’ve got the 50inch version last week.

nabiul wrote: FYI this TV essentially becomes bricked if you don't sign up for a roku account. As soon as you hook it up to the internet it goes to a screen that wants your email to sign up and it won't let you do anything else, it won't display any content and just keeps going to that same screen.

Returned this [...] trash and bought the samsung instead, it's a worse TV but at least I'm not forced into anything to use it.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 28th, 2023 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
2327 posts
2051 upvotes
Ottawa
matrixfwd wrote: The Costco one is U68H.
From the u6h review if you read it at all.

In Canada, it's known as the Hisense U68H, and it performs the same. As Hisense releases different models and their lineup varies for international regions, the results are only valid for the models available in Canada and the United States.
Oct 4, 2010
873 posts
477 upvotes
Surrey
Are you guys gonna pick up the extended warranty too? How much time do we have to add it back if we did not purchase at the same time as the tv?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3371 posts
1753 upvotes
Ottawa
matrixfwd wrote: Are you guys gonna pick up the extended warranty too? How much time do we have to add it back if we did not purchase at the same time as the tv?
i was always under the impression that you had to buy the extended warranty at the same time. cuz they could theoretically argue, you broke it, then bought the warranty to replace it.