• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2020 2:31 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16731 posts
2409 upvotes

[Costco] Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls Yoke for PC $329.99

I believe this is one of the best "starter" flight yokes for the PC ... it has very good reviews. The manufacturer is still new, so not all accessories are out (i.e. throttle), but overall seems like a good price.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 2nd, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added retailer and price to title
40 replies
Dec 12, 2018
28 posts
34 upvotes
Damn.. I ordered mine a few weeks back from Staples for $369.99
Supply on these is scarce - so I would recommend jumping on this.

This yoke is amazing quality and feels great when flying. It has a full 180° turn radius opposed to the crappy quality of the Logitech Saitek
I'm extremely satisfied for the time I've spent with it.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18711 posts
21395 upvotes
GTA
Is there force feedback? Doesn't look like it from what I can see.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Dec 12, 2018
28 posts
34 upvotes
engineered wrote: Is there force feedback? Doesn't look like it from what I can see.
No there isn't. You gotta pay well over $1,500 (from what I've seen online) to get force-feedback.
The Alpha is a better quality yoke compared to other entry-level controllers.
Nov 17, 2003
545 posts
141 upvotes
MSRP is $250 USD which converts to about $330. Costco is pricing this correctly. Not sure whats up with the other retailers charging $380 for it.
Jan 1, 2008
327 posts
110 upvotes
Montreal
Lol almost all yokes and joysticks are OOS...thank you msfs2020!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1268 posts
704 upvotes
HueGram wrote: the crappy quality of the Logitech Saitek
Not familiar with the Logitech version but Saitek used to have 2 models: the Saitek PRO Flight Yoke and Pro Flight Cessna. I purchased the PRO Flight Yoke which I returned and got the Pro Flight Cessna.
PRO Flight Yoke was not 180 degrees and had a very annoying bump in the center zone. I didn't mind the less than 180 degree yaw but the bump was noticeable and annoying for small adjustments. There are a number of diy fixes online and was not bad overall.
The Pro Flight Cessna was very good, 180 yaw, the bump was still there but barely noticeable and overall a very fun yoke. I had to sell it due to lack of time and kind of still regret it :).
If you really into flight sims I would get the pricier ones.
The new MS Flight sim is on my to buy list, although I'm really tempted I'm gonna use my joystick. Still have the pedals, the trim control and the throttle. Btw trim control is a must in any flight sim.
Dec 12, 2018
28 posts
34 upvotes
govas19 wrote: Not familiar with the Logitech version but Saitek used to have 2 models: the Saitek PRO Flight Yoke and Pro Flight Cessna. I purchased the PRO Flight Yoke which I returned and got the Pro Flight Cessna.
PRO Flight Yoke was not 180 degrees and had a very annoying bump in the center zone. I didn't mind the less than 180 degree yaw but the bump was noticeable and annoying for small adjustments. There are a number of diy fixes online and was not bad overall.
The Pro Flight Cessna was very good, 180 yaw, the bump was still there but barely noticeable and overall a very fun yoke. I had to sell it due to lack of time and kind of still regret it :).
If you really into flight sims I would get the pricier ones.
The new MS Flight sim is on my to buy list, although I'm really tempted I'm gonna use my joystick. Still have the pedals, the trim control and the throttle. Btw trim control is a must in any flight sim.
My bad - I was talking about the Logitech G Pro Saitek (haven't tried the Cessna)
Trim controller is an absolute must for sure. I'm using the left buttons on the yoke (still waiting to pick up a throttle quadrant - might get the Honeycomb ones)
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1268 posts
704 upvotes
The Pro Flight Cessna is not available anymore.
At some point I had the same setup as this guy minus the mini-display and the stand, which were next on my list. The level of immersion is hard to describe with a dedicated screen for the instrument panel.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5656 posts
1719 upvotes
Toronto
how does this compare to sytek?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2991 posts
2283 upvotes
Fawk OOS
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21163 posts
4138 upvotes
YUL
Darn. I've been looking for one of these and they're OOS everywhere. This is $50 less than the retail price in Canada too. Hoping they re-stock...Keep in mind this does not come with a throttle. Or rudder pedals.

In the meantime, those of you who prefer a joystick, this is the best bang for the buck setup due to be released later this month. Thrustmaster Airbus TCA. You can twist the joystick to simulate yaw from the rudder pedals:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/th ... n/14826321
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2402 posts
673 upvotes
Montreal
Is there a stock alert for Costco?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
2196 posts
2121 upvotes
Montréal
Bought one of these for $350 from avworld.ca back in March when I started alpha testing MSFS. Best yoke for the price, especially if you want to fly VFR in small planes.
Nov 17, 2003
545 posts
141 upvotes
I'm so surprised Costco carried this. Wonder if they will also carry the honeycomb throttle when released.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)