• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 10:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16570 posts
2293 upvotes

[Costco] Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls Yoke for PC $329.99

I believe this is one of the best "starter" flight yokes for the PC ... it has very good reviews. The manufacturer is still new, so not all accessories are out (i.e. throttle), but overall seems like a good price.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Sep 2nd, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added retailer and price to title
39 replies
Dec 12, 2018
23 posts
30 upvotes
Damn.. I ordered mine a few weeks back from Staples for $369.99
Supply on these is scarce - so I would recommend jumping on this.

This yoke is amazing quality and feels great when flying. It has a full 180° turn radius opposed to the crappy quality of the Logitech Saitek
I'm extremely satisfied for the time I've spent with it.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15142 posts
16135 upvotes
Oakville
Is there force feedback? Doesn't look like it from what I can see.
Dec 12, 2018
23 posts
30 upvotes
engineered wrote: Is there force feedback? Doesn't look like it from what I can see.
No there isn't. You gotta pay well over $1,500 (from what I've seen online) to get force-feedback.
The Alpha is a better quality yoke compared to other entry-level controllers.
Nov 17, 2003
450 posts
81 upvotes
MSRP is $250 USD which converts to about $330. Costco is pricing this correctly. Not sure whats up with the other retailers charging $380 for it.
Jan 1, 2008
287 posts
75 upvotes
Montreal
Lol almost all yokes and joysticks are OOS...thank you msfs2020!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1010 posts
511 upvotes
HueGram wrote: the crappy quality of the Logitech Saitek
Not familiar with the Logitech version but Saitek used to have 2 models: the Saitek PRO Flight Yoke and Pro Flight Cessna. I purchased the PRO Flight Yoke which I returned and got the Pro Flight Cessna.
PRO Flight Yoke was not 180 degrees and had a very annoying bump in the center zone. I didn't mind the less than 180 degree yaw but the bump was noticeable and annoying for small adjustments. There are a number of diy fixes online and was not bad overall.
The Pro Flight Cessna was very good, 180 yaw, the bump was still there but barely noticeable and overall a very fun yoke. I had to sell it due to lack of time and kind of still regret it :).
If you really into flight sims I would get the pricier ones.
The new MS Flight sim is on my to buy list, although I'm really tempted I'm gonna use my joystick. Still have the pedals, the trim control and the throttle. Btw trim control is a must in any flight sim.
Dec 12, 2018
23 posts
30 upvotes
govas19 wrote: Not familiar with the Logitech version but Saitek used to have 2 models: the Saitek PRO Flight Yoke and Pro Flight Cessna. I purchased the PRO Flight Yoke which I returned and got the Pro Flight Cessna.
PRO Flight Yoke was not 180 degrees and had a very annoying bump in the center zone. I didn't mind the less than 180 degree yaw but the bump was noticeable and annoying for small adjustments. There are a number of diy fixes online and was not bad overall.
The Pro Flight Cessna was very good, 180 yaw, the bump was still there but barely noticeable and overall a very fun yoke. I had to sell it due to lack of time and kind of still regret it :).
If you really into flight sims I would get the pricier ones.
The new MS Flight sim is on my to buy list, although I'm really tempted I'm gonna use my joystick. Still have the pedals, the trim control and the throttle. Btw trim control is a must in any flight sim.
My bad - I was talking about the Logitech G Pro Saitek (haven't tried the Cessna)
Trim controller is an absolute must for sure. I'm using the left buttons on the yoke (still waiting to pick up a throttle quadrant - might get the Honeycomb ones)
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1010 posts
511 upvotes
The Pro Flight Cessna is not available anymore.
At some point I had the same setup as this guy minus the mini-display and the stand, which were next on my list. The level of immersion is hard to describe with a dedicated screen for the instrument panel.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5386 posts
1483 upvotes
Toronto
how does this compare to sytek?