• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2019 9:20 pm
[OP]
Sep 7, 2012
145 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Hot Buy - Beautyrest Executive Chair $199.97

Didn't see this posted, but looks like a pretty good buy with good reviews.
Ordered one for myself
11 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1194 posts
735 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for posting! I think these were originally ~$400 and were a good deal in warehouse for $249.97 on clearance, but at $199.97 shipped to my door it's a no-brainer.
Last edited by AEmgee on May 14th, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 27, 2011
434 posts
199 upvotes
This or the hyken staples chair that'll be on sale for $150 tomorrow? I'm 6 foot 5
Nov 14, 2018
39 posts
15 upvotes
Go for hyken without doubt. I am using Hyken since 8 months and its very comfortable. I tried a few from Costco and returned before settling on Hyken. I am 6 foot so for you head rest might not come at right place but there are hacks to fix it by yourself but when you slide down it would still be in relaxing posture. Costco one has no headrest as well. Go in store and try before settling down.
Buy a Gel seat Cushion from Canadian tire for 14.99 to use it with Hyken.
If you are looking for comfort go with Hyken and if you need chair to be part of decor go with this costco one.
Feb 26, 2017
612 posts
424 upvotes
Rohitjuneja wrote: Go for hyken without doubt. I am using Hyken since 8 months and its very comfortable. I tried a few from Costco and returned before settling on Hyken. I am 6 foot so for you head rest might not come at right place but there are hacks to fix it by yourself but when you slide down it would still be in relaxing posture. Costco one has no headrest as well. Go in store and try before settling down.
If you are looking for comfort go with Hyken and if you need chair to be part of decor go with this costco one.
how is the seat? does it breathe at all?
Nov 14, 2018
39 posts
15 upvotes
Atillathepun wrote: how is the seat? does it breathe at all?
yes, Hyken seat is mesh based and comfortable too for air circulation. If you don't like mesh too much you can use a gel based cushion to make it more comfortable. I am using a gel cushion from Canadian tire which i got for 14.99 after getting reco on RFD and its worth it.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3532 posts
20020 upvotes
Looks like this chair has gone down in price, multiple GTA locations had it for $249.97 when I posted it up last on April 18th. Was told in the thread it was good buy since it sold originally for $400+

Mobile didn't give me option to copy the link so doing this from my computer - thread is here, might want to take the item number and call up your local store and give them the item number and see how much it is or if it's even in stock anymore.

east-gta-clearance-items-ending-97-gene ... #p30825818

Impressive, the item number matches the same as online which is very rare - item#: 2000860.
Jul 20, 2018
446 posts
372 upvotes
Rohitjuneja wrote: Go for hyken without doubt. I am using Hyken since 8 months and its very comfortable. I tried a few from Costco and returned before settling on Hyken. I am 6 foot so for you head rest might not come at right place but there are hacks to fix it by yourself but when you slide down it would still be in relaxing posture. Costco one has no headrest as well. Go in store and try before settling down.
Haha I swear I could of wrote this. Owned 6 months, bought the gel pad, did the headrest mod. All of the above.

But I agree, it's a great chair.
Feb 16, 2017
375 posts
357 upvotes
Honestly that chair looks really comfortable but as soon as temperatures start to creep up you're going to wish you had a mesh chair.
Dec 13, 2006
586 posts
263 upvotes
Those are chair for an office at home that will be use max 2h a day.

If you work from home and need a real office chair replacement and sit hreater than 8 hr. You need to spend on a real office chair with 4D adjustable arbrest and back support.

Sometging like the Noblechair Icon and the Secretlab Omega.
Aug 25, 2012
223 posts
360 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Did any chair lovers snag the obusforme 500 last night from hot deals? Killer price $999.97!
Walmart sells for $3999.97!
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
[OP]
Sep 7, 2012
145 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Chair arrived today and I'm a fan. Very comfortable.
I work from home at most once a week and when I do in rarely seated for the full day so this is fine for me.