Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] HOT DEAL - Sony 65" 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV (XBR65X900H) $1,398 ($300 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 1:59 pm
Feb 7, 2011
437 posts
85 upvotes
Regina
Newpunk wrote: Did you test multiple screw and spacer combinations to get the best fit possible? I highly recommend using the included Sony metal screw spacers to eliminate the recessed mounting holes.
Thank you but the metal screw spacers are taller than the surface? Is that okay even if i install the brackets over rhese popped out screw spacers? The other screw threads are either small or bigger than the hole.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1145 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
joey003 wrote: It’s wild how it changes your perception on screen size. I have the 85 in my basement, and when I went upstairs and turned on the old 60” we have it felt tiny. So odd. Years ago 60 felt like a massive size for a TV.
I felt this way moving from a 55-inch to 65-inch. Can't believe it's SO much bigger. I'm sure in 5 years I'll be on to a 75-inch. Just need to gradually build up my wife's tolerance for the "movie theatre" in our living room as she calls it. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2037 posts
437 upvotes
Central Ontario
Chennaite wrote: Thank you but the metal screw spacers are taller than the surface? Is that okay even if i install the brackets over rhese popped out screw spacers? The other screw threads are either small or bigger than the hole.
I feel that one of your upcoming posts is going to be about how your TV fell off the wall. Why are you not adhering to the mount instructions? If the mount isn't compatible, get help or get another mount.

Just trying to prevent your new TV from being damaged. This will *NOT* be covered by warranty, btw.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1145 posts
836 upvotes
Toronto
Chennaite wrote: Thank you but the metal screw spacers are taller than the surface? Is that okay even if i install the brackets over rhese popped out screw spacers? The other screw threads are either small or bigger than the hole.
It's ok if the metal screw-in spacers extend past the back of the TV. Then you can use the screws plus any spacers to get everything secure.

See the diagram in your manual for the KANTO FMX3. It's definitely compatible. Note that you might not bottom the mounting screws into the metal spacers - but they should turn several rotations together.

Not sure if you need one spacer or both spacers as seen in the third example in the diagram.
kantomount.JPG
Last edited by Newpunk on Oct 23rd, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 7, 2011
437 posts
85 upvotes
Regina
JustMike wrote: I feel that one of your upcoming posts is going to be about how your TV fell off the wall. Why are you not adhering to the mount instructions? If the mount isn't compatible, get help or get another mount.

Just trying to prevent your new TV from being damaged. This will *NOT* be covered by warranty, btw.
Loudly Crying Face no please dont say that.

@Newpunk yeah i wasnt sure if it is okay to install th brackets if the surface were uneven i will try different combinations and see thank you very much for your insight.
Dec 7, 2007
282 posts
123 upvotes
Newpunk wrote: I felt this way moving from a 55-inch to 65-inch. Can't believe it's SO much bigger. I'm sure in 5 years I'll be on to a 75-inch. Just need to gradually build up my wife's tolerance for the "movie theatre" in our living room as she calls it. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Haha, I upgraded from 46 to 65 last Black Friday deal, my wife still felt too small. You won be able to wait for 5 years .. might be next year.
Nov 29, 2011
956 posts
336 upvotes
Milton
Newpunk wrote: It's ok if the metal screw-in spacers extend past the back of the TV. Then you can use the screws plus any spacers to get everything secure.

See the diagram in your manual for the KANTO FMX3. It's definitely compatible. Note that you might not bottom the mounting screws into the metal spacers - but they should turn several rotations together.

Not sure if you need one spacer or both spacers as seen in the third example in the diagram.

kantomount.JPG

Chennaite wrote: The problem with the spacers were it is not even with the tv surface level it actually pops out above the hole so you will have issues when installing the mount so for my fmx3 i used the smaller screws without the spacers i hope it had enough thread to hold on to.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you just use the spacers and screws provided with the TV, that should be fine. The mount should be flush against the spacers, and unless your mount is incredibly thick, should have no issue using the TV-provided screws. They should be just tight enough that they aren't loose, but no more. (The heat and weight of the TV will "seize" them slightly anyway, if you tried to remove the spacers/screws even weeks later you'd find them harder to remove, as if you tightened them much more than you did.)

If the screws that came with your mount are too long to use with the spacers, then don't use the mount screws, use the screws that came with the TV, they will fit with the spacers fine.
Feb 7, 2011
437 posts
85 upvotes
Regina
evosero wrote: Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you just use the spacers and screws provided with the TV, that should be fine. The mount should be flush against the spacers, and unless your mount is incredibly thick, should have no issue using the TV-provided screws. They should be just tight enough that they aren't loose, but no more. (The heat and weight of the TV will "seize" them slightly anyway, if you tried to remove the spacers/screws even weeks later you'd find them harder to remove, as if you tightened them much more than you did.)

If the screws that came with your mount are too long to use with the spacers, then don't use the mount screws, use the screws that came with the TV, they will fit with the spacers fine.
Yes i used the spacers and screws came with the tv for the brackets and it looks and feels sturdy thank yoi guys. Appreciate it.
Sep 17, 2020
30 posts
43 upvotes
This is the problem with Visions and the reason why I'm buying from Costco from now on. They mark down the TV's to prices that can't be priced matched when you buy the warranty, and then their warranty is so expensive it makes up for the money they "lose" on the TV. However, they don't price match warranty, so your screwed if TV's go down on Black Friday.

Basically they gave me a TV and warranty for the same price as Costco with the warranty so the TV was hundreds of dollars less than anyone else, but their warranty was $275 vs $99 at Costco. But the TV on the invoice so cheap that the price will never go below that.

Side note. Returning my H9g and bought the x900h. Sony is much better for motion so far, and no DSE.
Jan 27, 2009
529 posts
220 upvotes
For those who are enjoying the TV, anyone experienced the sound drop out issue?
There is a thread on Sony community. It seems it is a well known issue since 2019.
I just installed my 75” today connected to HT9ZH sound bar. The sound stops for 1-3 seconds twice in about 4 hours of watching the TV. All firmwares are updated.
Mar 3, 2012
228 posts
124 upvotes
HAMILTON
Newpunk wrote: I felt this way moving from a 55-inch to 65-inch. Can't believe it's SO much bigger. I'm sure in 5 years I'll be on to a 75-inch. Just need to gradually build up my wife's tolerance for the "movie theatre" in our living room as she calls it. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
You see I opted out from the 65". I have currently the Sony 900e 55" and "scared" that I won't see the difference with the 65. So now I'm waiting for the 75 to drop in price lol
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4130 posts
1487 upvotes
GTA
cho1104 wrote: For those who are enjoying the TV, anyone experienced the sound drop out issue?
There is a thread on Sony community. It seems it is a well known issue since 2019.
I just installed my 75” today connected to HT9ZH sound bar. The sound stops for 1-3 seconds twice in about 4 hours of watching the TV. All firmwares are updated.
Im not having that issue on either optical or arc connection. Still on the old firmware though.
May 12, 2009
340 posts
700 upvotes
dnel29 wrote:
Side note. Returning my H9g and bought the x900h. Sony is much better for motion so far, and no DSE.
I'm interested in your use case that informed this choice. I was eyeing an H9G as a top contender for my bedroom (dark room, exclusively streaming and satellite programming, no sports, no gaming), but this thread is much more active than other threads for competing models, so there must be something about the X900H. Is it because everybody in this thread is a gamer and is looking at this particular TV because of HDMI 2.1?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
2037 posts
437 upvotes
Central Ontario
dnel29 wrote: This is the problem with Visions and the reason why I'm buying from Costco from now on. They mark down the TV's to prices that can't be priced matched when you buy the warranty, and then their warranty is so expensive it makes up for the money they "lose" on the TV. However, they don't price match warranty, so your screwed if TV's go down on Black Friday.
You've caught on... Best Buy does the same thing.
Sep 17, 2020
30 posts
43 upvotes
horiah00 wrote: I'm interested in your use case that informed this choice. I was eyeing an H9G as a top contender for my bedroom (dark room, exclusively streaming and satellite programming, no sports, no gaming), but this thread is much more active than other threads for competing models, so there must be something about the X900H. Is it because everybody in this thread is a gamer and is looking at this particular TV because of HDMI 2.1?
After having the h9g for a week I just couldn't get over the picture processing in terms of motion as well as some issues with red ghosting and DSE. The Sony (which I got last night) has WAY superior picture processing and motion handling. The colours on the Sony aren't quite as nice, but they are still excellent.

No gaming, just sports, TV and movies set up in a basement. I wanted 120hz and this TV kills it.

As a side note, I don't think I'll ever take a RTINGS review as serious as others do. Both the TV's that I own now actually had worse ratings than the original TV's I bought. Ended up returning a Vizio last year, and now this H9G. Both the Vizio and h9g had better ratings than the eventual TV's I ended up with.

From now on, I'll stick with Sony. Their quality is fantastic and much more consistent. No more "Panel Lottery"...

After searching you'll find that quite a few people have returned the h9g for the exact same reasons as myself.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)