Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

HOT DEAL - Sony 65" 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV (XBR65X900H) $1,398 ($300 off)

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2021 1:18 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1245 posts
338 upvotes
Montréal
Some (dumb?) questions :

I will receive my x900h tomorrow and want to hook it my ps5.
1) We know that 4k120hz, Alllm and vv are not working now, so anyhdmi will be fine ?
2) Is there a game mode that I must activate everytime or it's something that is done one time only for the specific hdmi in which my ps5 will be plugged ?
3) I plan to use my ps5 for netflix, will game mode change something about movies and series ?
4) I also have a 4k xbox one, since it will not do 4k 120 hz, can I use hdmi 1 or 2 and have 4k and 60hz ?
5) My audio receiver (with 2 bookshelf speaker and a central) only have one Optical input. Should I plug the Tv or the ps5 in it ?

Thanks !
Mar 24, 2009
453 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
tostaky wrote: Some (dumb?) questions :

I will receive my x900h tomorrow and want to hook it my ps5.
1) We know that 4k120hz, Alllm and vv are not working now, so anyhdmi will be fine ?
2) Is there a game mode that I must activate everytime or it's something that is done one time only for the specific hdmi in which my ps5 will be plugged ?
3) I plan to use my ps5 for netflix, will game mode change something about movies and series ?
4) I also have a 4k xbox one, since it will not do 4k 120 hz, can I use hdmi 1 or 2 and have 4k and 60hz ?
5) My audio receiver (with 2 bookshelf speaker and a central) only have one Optical input. Should I plug the Tv or the ps5 in it ?

Thanks !
1) I think 4k120 is operating now, but not VRR, so still stick with HDMI 3 or 4
2) Yes, there is, and I believe it gets set up to default for the specific input as part of the TV setup.

4) People are reporting 4k120 on Xbox so use HDMI 3 or 4. You will potentially have to switch a setting to change the HDMI input from "Standard" to "Enhanced"
5) I would think TV, then both gaming systems into TV as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1245 posts
338 upvotes
Montréal
I was supposed to get my x900h today....Now looking at the tracking website I seen that my delivery is Cancelled...I've got no phone call or e-mail to inform me. I.ve called the delivery company ( dont know the name) , and they told me that the order was ''cancelled by the store (Costco) despite they have received the tv at the warehouse''

Anyone have been in that boat before ?
Apr 25, 2007
91 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
DefconZero wrote: It was briefly back in stock Saturday morning...but yes it seems it comes back in stock once, maybe twice a week, for a short period of time. Hot item for sure!

I remember the reviews on Costco used to be in the teens...now there are well over 700.
When it does come in stock, what's the price? Currently, I see it at $1698 OOS.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2009
1389 posts
624 upvotes
Halifax
thecomputer wrote: When it does come in stock, what's the price? Currently, I see it at $1698 OOS.
It was $1398, but that deal ended on the 3rd. Maybe it'll got back to that price after the $1698 'deal' ends on the 23rd.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1491 posts
611 upvotes
Markham
Has anyone updated the firmware recently? I remember when I bought the TV everyone was saying to turn off the auto-update because there were issues in one of the updates. What about now?
13:6W-365. 14:11W-2134. 15:10W-1749. 16:4W-8120. 17:11W-2797. 18:8W-210. 19:7W-466. 20:20W-9316. 21:46W-4574. 22:48W-3948
Nov 21, 2020
18 posts
25 upvotes
I decided to return mine as I have realized that most of the shows I watch are not in 4k so the difference in quality from my present tv isnt huge. Mine is 75" so if anyone cant get one in stock and wants it right away I can let it go at cost. Otherwise Ill just be returning it within a week. I got it from costco by the way, with a warranty covering up to the 5 year mark.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2018
1504 posts
1519 upvotes
I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to get this TV but the price keeps hovering at $1698....argggggggg
Dec 2, 2017
66 posts
27 upvotes
Same here, I wonder if I buy it now it will go down in price in the next 30 days to price match... No luck to find this info for now
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2009
1389 posts
624 upvotes
Halifax
jorjel1 wrote: Same here, I wonder if I buy it now it will go down in price in the next 30 days to price match... No luck to find this info for now
Yes, with Costco they will price match within 30 days. If it changes 30-90 days they usually get you to return and repurchase, but some CSRs have been said to do it without the repurchase.
Dec 12, 2013
93 posts
267 upvotes
Also waiting for the price to drop... thinking of maybe doing what DefconZero recommended.
Feb 7, 2008
642 posts
396 upvotes
St Catharines
DimsumDeals wrote: just got my 900H from costco, how do i install apps that are not in the app store? for example cinemaHD? or do i need to have a fire stick for that like my other tv?
did you ever figure this out, I'm curious as well! Thanks
Mobile: Public Mobile Can-US 74 gb, 34$
TV: FTA Antenna (free OTA TV channels, thread)
Home Phone: Freephoneline VOIP + Obi VOIP adapter (free home phone, thread)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
mgrimace wrote: did you ever figure this out, I'm curious as well! Thanks
yes i figured it out, you can install 3rd party apps/apk without a need for a fire-stick.
Best android tv ever.
Feb 7, 2008
642 posts
396 upvotes
St Catharines
DimsumDeals wrote: yes i figured it out, you can install 3rd party apps/apk without a need for a fire-stick.
Best android tv ever.
Thanks, can I ask how you installed them? I've got one coming in a week, can you just use the built-in store or do you have to side-load them somehow? Thanks again!
Mobile: Public Mobile Can-US 74 gb, 34$
TV: FTA Antenna (free OTA TV channels, thread)
Home Phone: Freephoneline VOIP + Obi VOIP adapter (free home phone, thread)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
mgrimace wrote: Thanks, can I ask how you installed them? I've got one coming in a week, can you just use the built-in store or do you have to side-load them somehow? Thanks again!
You can't use the store, you need to side load it by downloading the apk and then installing it. You can do all of this without using a laptop.
Download the app "Downloader" on the tv. This one is on the app store.

in the built in android system of the tv, you need to allow "unknown sources" so you can install apks.

on the downloader app, you type in the url of the apk. then it will download it. Then just install it.
You can DM me when you have the tv then maybe I can help you if you run into a roadblock/issue.
Nov 24, 2006
717 posts
459 upvotes
london
Just curious has there finally been a permanent fix for the Wi-Fi disconnectivity issue?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
2081 posts
1062 upvotes
Toronto
shaolin_x wrote: Just curious has there finally been a permanent fix for the Wi-Fi disconnectivity issue?
not sure, i was encountering the same issue, so i just wired connection it.
Not sure if a recent firmware update fixed it or not.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)